Audio crackling when using an Xbox controller with headset (Windows 10 and windows 11)

Discus and support Audio crackling when using an Xbox controller with headset (Windows 10 and windows 11) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have been dealing with issue for awhile now I am using a xbox one elite controller series 1 on my computer running windows 10. The headset was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CovetingClock47, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Audio crackling when using an Xbox controller with headset (Windows 10 and windows 11)

i have been dealing with issue for awhile now I am using a xbox one elite controller series 1 on my computer running windows 10.

The headset was working just fine with no issues at all for about 4 years, but when windows 10 updated any sound that would play made crackling sounds i noticed if i unplug and replug they work just fine for about 10- 30 seconds max the headset has a remove microphone i notice if i unplug the microphone they work just fine? but i need the microphone so i also tried 3 different computers running windows 10 and 11 different controllers even different versions of 10 and 11 and unless i stayed on an old versions like 21H1 OS build 19043.1348 for windows 10 (which i have been doing for awhile now) then everything would be fine no issues at all just plug and play

also i have tried reinstalling the usb controllers as well as uninstalling them and restarting , updating the controller itself, updating/uninstalling audio drivers

the way i have it set up is my controller plugged into to my pc and using the xbox headset adapter could it be the headset adapter because the one i have is an older model? that's all i could think it might be idk

:)

CovetingClock47, Jan 29, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Audio crackling when using an Xbox controller with headset (Windows 10 and windows 11)

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello CovetingClock47, from your description this could be a physical problem with your headset jack.

I don't know what your headset model is, but try to do a test on other equipment like a phone for example.
  3. XBF Nestor S Win User

Xbox app blocks game audio during chat

Hey there Jbird thanks for keeping in touch.

Unfortunately, the solution to this problem is in fact the Xbox controller as with it, the headset would be able to stream both game and chat audio. Check out our Using the

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter with Windows 10 page
    as it states The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter lets you plug a compatible chat or stereo headset into the
    Xbox One Controller so you can control your audio experience on a Windows 10 device without taking your hands off the controller. We hope this clarifies this issue.
  4. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

xbox one controller on PC

Hi Adrcg,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums!

We understand this must be confusing since it works fine with the just the controller connected to the pc but not with the headset. I would recommend trying a wired connection with the controller if the headset is wireless as well. Check to see if it still
    gives any audio stuttering.

Also, please check out our
    Troubleshoot game
    audio or video issues on Windows 10
    page or

Troubleshoot the Xbox One Chat Headset on Windows 10

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes :)
  5. The Golden Ghost Win User

Xbox Wireless Headset Distorted Sound

Same issue here. I've scoured Reddit and other forums and haven't seen a fix yet. The headset works fine on Bluetooth and when connected via USB-C, but while using the official Xbox Wireless Adapter (the slim one), I get garbled and choppy audio in both games and general Windows audio such as Zoom meetings.

I'm using the headset on Windows 10 with headset firmware v.0.0.9.24 as of 11/15/2021.
  6. crazyjbird44 Win User

Xbox app blocks game audio during chat

Hey there Jbird thanks for keeping in touch.

Unfortunately, the solution to this problem is in fact the Xbox controller as with it, the headset would be able to stream both game and chat audio. Check out our Using the

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter with Windows 10 page
    as it states The Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter lets you plug a compatible chat or stereo headset into the
    Xbox One Controller so you can control your audio experience on a Windows 10 device without taking your hands off the controller. We hope this clarifies this issue.
    Thanks for the help, but is there a way to do as such with an Xbox one controller? My headset is wireless so getting a controller will not help unless I also get a new headset.
Thema:

1. Audio crackling when using an Xbox controller with headset (Windows 10 and windows 11) - Similar Threads - Audio crackling using

2. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  3. Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling and cutting out with both xbox wireless headset and earbuds plugged into...: This issue occurs seemingly regardless of game as well as on the menu. If I record the instance when the bug occurs, it will be present in the playback on the xbox, but will be absent on my phone...
  4. (2402.240124-2200) gfx flickering audio crackle

in XboX Insiders
    (2402.240124-2200) gfx flickering audio crackle: Broken, destiny 2 unplayable as graphics issue, tears, flickers half of screen pulsating and controller disconnects and usb storage disconnects and game lockup crash sound. Don't worry it's not...
  5. Xbox Game Bar records game audio as bassy, crackling, and distorted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar records game audio as bassy, crackling, and distorted.: Hello! I've recently started to record clips of Destiny 2 on Xbox Game Bar and the in-game audio of the clip is heavily distorted. I have my bluetooth earbuds and wired mic set up to the proper...
  6. xbox audio crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox audio crackling: My Xbox audio consistently crackles in my headset when I turn it on and off, the only way I've been able to solve this so far is by restarting the console after i turn it on, however when I turn...
  7. Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?: Crackling Audio Issues: Okay, so here’s some context. I use a Razer Nari Ultimate headset usually connected in Bluetooth. When I launch any Microsoft associated games from the xbox store on my PC...
  8. Audio crackling on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio crackling on xbox series s: How do I get rid of annoying crackling and popping in the background when playing a game. Thx 62461fb6-380f-49c7-8a33-3ba7177bf076
  9. Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar, Audio crackling when using party chat. first Win10, now also in win11: Hi. Ive got an Astro Mixamp pro connected to my my Xbox and extract the sound via HDMI-extractor to be able to use the partychat in Windows 11 Xbox Game bar. If I dont join a party and only...
  10. Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Strange audio crackling and any in game sounds sound far away or distorted how to fix?: Hi, so I've been having this problem whenever I play a game that I have downloaded through the Xbox game pass app where the audio always sounds far away and there is a faint crackling sound. It is...