Audio cracking and popping when moving from Game to Home

Discus and support Audio cracking and popping when moving from Game to Home in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I transition from Game to Home dashboard I get a horrible cracking sound. Initially I thought this was a Dolby Atmos issue. I was getting a loud... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ProtagoinstZero, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Audio cracking and popping when moving from Game to Home

When I transition from Game to Home dashboard I get a horrible cracking sound. Initially I thought this was a Dolby Atmos issue. I was getting a loud crack and pop when I had Atmos set.

I’ve since turned off Atmos and switched to Uncompressed 5.1. Now it just cracks and pops a little less.

My current setup is:

Xbox series X connected to LG C1

LG C1 outputs to Sonos Arc

I’ve submitted a bug report through the console also using advanced tracing.

submitted by /u/ProtagoinstZero
    [link] [comments]

/u/ProtagoinstZero, Mar 16, 2023
  2. John Bob Morrison Win User

In one of my games I am having audio issues

They audio still pops and cracks
  3. Mister Rahool Win User

Xbox Headset Adapter - crackling / clipping in audio

Hm, my issue isn't with it dying, just audio cracks and pops here and there. It'll cut out for a split second, a comparison would maybe be cd player skipping.
  4. Ke550 Win User

All audio cuts out occasionally

I concur with the previous posts, audio randomly mutes for games but not for Xbox home screen. I have observed Sky Landers Trap Team audio cease on several occasions; however when I go the the Xbox home screen I can hear audio as I move between selections.
    The only way to start game audio again was to eject the disk, reinsert and start the game again.
  5. GHOSTBUSTER104 Win User

Stereo Headset adapter...crackling audio

yes! i too have this problem. when using my polk 4 shot headset i get this anoyin cracking popping sound when playing any game titanfall,bf4, i got these headsets so i can play late without disturbing my family but i cant stand the popping and cracking anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

Let's talk about Dolby Digital and DTS

Well for me this is the issue...I have to turn hdmi audio off and leave my optical audio on "stereo uncompressed", everytime I change the optical audio to "DTS Digtal Surround" I get a pop/crackle when moving the stick around on the main menu. My philips
    receiver doesn't "pop/crackle" on any of my other devices and i've been using it for atleast 5 years now. I know I need to upgrade my receiver real soon but hey the audio should still work on DTS without this pop/crackle menu switching sound im getting...
Thema:

Audio cracking and popping when moving from Game to Home

1. Audio cracking and popping when moving from Game to Home - Similar Threads - Audio cracking popping

2. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone audio reversed on XBox Series S: I own Steelseries Arctis 5 wired headphones, which work perfectly well with my Windows PC. I recently bought a new XBox Series S, and played a few games. I wasn't aware there was a problem until I...
  5. COMPANION APP NO AUDIO

in XBoX on Consoles
    COMPANION APP NO AUDIO: Im using cloud play to stream on my series s and i can hear audio in my headset connected to my xbox but i have no audio coming through cloud play on my laptop, when i start the stream i hear...
  6. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  7. Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio sampler frequency is greyed out.: Just bought my new headpgones logitech X2 pro and the sound quality is terible compared to my old 40 bucks Volcano headphones. I have a tried a lot of stuff from yuotube like updating drivers,...
  8. Xbox series X Audio Crackling

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X Audio Crackling: My console's audio has been crackling First I noticed it if I tried to open the quick menu while in matches in For Honour, the audio would get slowwwwed and crackle awfully like it was a slowmo...
  9. Audio problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio problems: I’ve been having problems with my audio through my headset. I can hear myself when I talk into the mic but I can’t hear any game or menu audio. I am using a pair of astros that are for ps4 but...
  10. Controller keeps disconnecting and audio keeps cracking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller keeps disconnecting and audio keeps cracking: I need help with my controller, I’m not sure why but it keeps cutting out audio and cracking really badly where I can’t hear anything and no one can understand me for the few seconds it happens,...