: Atmos

Discus and support : Atmos in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Atmos I have a Samsung Q80R TV & a Samsung Q80R soundbar that both support atmos. If I connect the Xbox to the soundbar I get atmos but I lose game... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by James-82, Oct 12, 2020.

1. James-82
    James-82 Guest

I have a Samsung Q80R TV & a Samsung Q80R soundbar that both support atmos. If I connect the Xbox to the soundbar I get atmos but I lose game mode & freesync on the tv etc. My issue is when I connect the Xbox direct to the tv and the soundbar is connected
    via HDMI arc I don’t get atmos or able to select it on the Xbox. Oddly I have my sky box connected in the same way, direct to the tv & then via arc to the sound bar & I get atmos on sky so it is definitely an issue with Xbox not allowing atmos when connected
    direct to the tv. Please help!

:)

James-82, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Goofy19781 Win User

Dolby atmos issues

Yes its now broken with the update, for watching netflix with a real atmos setup 5.1.2.

The receiver thinks its atmos but its a 5.1 or even a 2.0 stream hidden in a atmos package.

blu ray works fine atmos is atmos and 5.1 is upscaled by the receiver to dolby surround with use or al your atmos speakers so it must be.
  3. Goofy19781 Win User

XB1X Dolby Atmos problem

with a 5.1 speaker setup you cant have atmos, dont use it.

5.1.2 is the minimal speaker setup for real atmos, and a atmos suporting receiver

dts x works with 5.1 speaker systems, atmos not
  4. hippiman72 Win User

dolby atmos not working in games and netflix

Hiya,

Thank you for your responses

It still says multichannel pcm input on my amp, not atmos, this is even when I try running an atmos demo in the atmos app which says that atmos for home theatre is enabled.

Yet if I put a disk in i get atmos sound
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Dolby Atmos on Netflix

Dolby Atmos and Atmos for headphones are two different things. Netflix does not support Atmos for headphones as far as I am aware
  6. CyTeK1978 Win User

Is there any ways to get surround sound every games on xbox one?

Hello,

to clear that.

7.1 on Headset is Virtual

Dolby Atmos for Headset is Virtual *

Windows Sonic for Headset is Virtual

Everything is Virtual,

actual the best is Atmos and Sonic

Best for Atmos is a Source that is Atmos Mixed from the Ground, thats the best you can get but you can also use it with no Atmos mastered Games.
Thema:

1. : Atmos - Similar Threads - Atmos

2. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  3. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  4. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  5. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  6. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  7. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  8. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  9. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...
  10. Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?

in XboX Insiders
    Any word at all on Dolby Atmos audio lag?: I posted on this some time ago so I thought I'd give the issue another bump. PlayStation since they implemented Dolby Atmos has had zero problems with audio lag either through receiver or earc...