Atmos mode has no/very faint surround on non atmos content

Discus and support Atmos mode has no/very faint surround on non atmos content in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have an LG C1 and 5.1 lg atmos soundbar (sp9ya) with the series X connected to the tv and tv earc to soundbar. Atmos works great when playing atmos... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Chopper3173, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Atmos mode has no/very faint surround on non atmos content

I have an LG C1 and 5.1 lg atmos soundbar (sp9ya) with the series X connected to the tv and tv earc to soundbar. Atmos works great when playing atmos content but I tried "Test Patterns" (5.1) audio on netflix and I get no surround. Rear Left and right surround sound outputs to my front speakers. Everything works great when I switch to 5.1 uncompressed.

My guess would be atmos is changing my setup to more than 7.1 or more channels which result in sound being outputted to the wrong channels.

This is evident from the xbox settings I use atmos test mode with visual guide and there is a lot of speakers activated even when Im only using 5.1 setup.

Any thoughts and possible fix?

submitted by /u/Chopper3173
    [link] [comments]

/u/Chopper3173, Jul 24, 2022
  2. Goofy19781 Win User

Atmos Problem

Dolby Surround is a upscaler from a not atmos source like 5.1 or 2.0 to surround with use of al your speakers like 5.1.2 or higher.

dts neuralx is the same upscaling system from dts

You had no problem with atmos, you think you had.

Now with the new firmware update the xbox one x is a broken thing with netflix

With a non atmos source the receiver must do the upscaling but now the xbox puts out a 2.0 or 5.1 stream in a atmos package, and no sound is comming out your atmos speakers.
  3. Gonzo562 Win User

Xbox One X Periodic Audio Cut Out - SJ9 & Atmos

I have the same problem, but my Xbox One X pushes Dolby Atmos to non Dolby Atmos movies. Also my Xbox pushes out HDR to non HDR movies. It's very frustrating that the sound cuts in n out even when I play Shadow of The Tomb Raider that's Dolby Atmos. Even
    Avengers Infinity War sound cuts in n out. Since I have a Geek Squad warranty, I took my LG SJ9 to Best Buy. They tested all Dolby Atmos scenarios and never once did they have a problem with the soundbar in Dolby Atmos mode cutting in n out. There's something
    wrong with the Dolby Atmos signal the Xbox One X uses that the SJ9 has problems decoding.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s not using atmos speakers in games

I also re-installed the dolby acces app. Demo content in the app itself plays sound from my height speakers and the rest of my speakers. I only get this problem when playing games, where only the height speakers are not playing any sound at all.
    It seems that the console and your audio system is properly configured for Dolby Atmos, since the Atmos Demo works.

Also try to download the free "Insects" demo from Microsoft, which allows you to switch between Dolby Atmos and "regular" surround sound.

Check if Atmos works in that demo, as the Atmos Demos in the app are usually videos with a fixed, pre-rendered audio track.

Also, which games are you trying exactly? Do the games really support Dolby Atmos themselves? Because the Xbox One S will not "upscale" regular surround sound from non-Atmos games to have height information.
  5. JoeyDigital63 Win User

New update causes avr Dolby atmos problem

I am experiencing this as well. Everything comes across the av receiver as Dolby Atmos, even non-Atmos content. Previously the receiver would switch as needed.
  6. Goofy19781 Win User

New update causes avr Dolby atmos problem

Yes i have the same problem with the one x with netflix.

The atmos logo is always on in the display but there is no sound from al the speakers with a 5.1 or 2.0 source.

With a non atmos source the receiver can upscale with dolby surround or dts neural x so it must be.

Blu ray works fine without atmos pushing so the receiver can do the upscaling.
Thema:

Atmos mode has no/very faint surround on non atmos content

1. Atmos mode has no/very faint surround on non atmos content - Similar Threads - Atmos mode has

2. Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos and Xbox One S disconnecting issue: I am having a problem with my setup. The TV and the Xbox One S detect each other perfectly for Dolby Atmos - and it shows the sign when it's on - but every two or so minutes, the sound cuts out...
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Atmos for headphones issue: Hi all, Recently bought the Microsoft Wireless Headset for my Series X . I paid for the for Dolby Atmos app but I am having an extremely annoying issue with the licence. It keeps advising that I...
  4. Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV)

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos not detecting compatible reciever over eARC (Via TV): i have Samsung HW-Q930C/ZF and Samsung QLED 4K 2019 65Q64R, my XBOX SERIES X not dettect option dolby atmos not appear submitted by /u/Zaborks [link] [comments]
  5. Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos for home theater not upmixing stereo games correctly: I was playing Inside and I notice that the upmixer only sends audio to the height channels, center and surround channels are blank with no audio. submitted by /u/jay23738 [link] [comments]
  6. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  7. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  8. Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know if Microsoft has been looking into fixing the audio delay with dolby atmos...: https://www.purexbox.com/news/2023/08/digital-foundry-highlights-dolby-atmos-issues-on-xbox-playground-games-engineer-responds Just curious if anyone knows whether this has actually been looked...
  9. Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos issues, STILL IN 2024: For me, Atmos still has a 500 miliseconds delay and Dolby Vision for games just doesn't work, it only displays Dolby Vision content but none of the compatible games. What do we have to do to use...
  10. Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Dolby Atmos suddenly stopped working on Xbox Series X: So as the title mentioned, dolby atmos suddenly stopped working on my xbox series x. Going into the settings, it still shows 'green tick' on dolby atmos supported tv. I have tested dolby atmos...