Astro A40 TR +Mixamp audio issues

Discus and support Astro A40 TR +Mixamp audio issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there, I've recently installed the beta for MW2 and whenever I go into a game I get a horrid screeching noise through my headset. I also get the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Darius Wilding, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Astro A40 TR +Mixamp audio issues

Hi there,

I've recently installed the beta for MW2 and whenever I go into a game I get a horrid screeching noise through my headset. I also get the same noise when playing forza horizon. I don't get it with any other games I play.

I get the noise also when plugging the headset straight into the controller.

I'd very much appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this... I've searched online and done every firmware update, hard reset I've come across. I'm now lost.

This is a video of the noise if it helps -

https://youtube.com/shorts/-0f6qasZjjw?feature=share

Many thanks!

:)

Darius Wilding, Sep 22, 2022
  2. LeGiTxxPunkSteR Win User

what is your fav headset or mic

Astro A40 TR with Mixamp Pro TR
  3. Murderstyle75 Win User

Voice Recording Help

4. Darius Wilding Win User

So I contacted astro and we determined it's not the headset at fault.

I've now tried A40s with and without the mixamp.

A50s

Kygos

Basic samsung earbuds

Two external speakers.

I get the screeching through all of them. I've got to be missing something here surely!?

No one seems to be having similar issues either.

I think it's going to have to be a new xbox.
  5. Darius Wilding Win User

Thank you for your reply,

I have contacted them also but posted here to see if anyone else could help me sooner. I've not had a particularly speedy experience with Astro in the past and with the beta being over the weekend, am a little short on time! 😬

Many thanks

Darius.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

You should contact Astro, as they have the knowledge to support their products. Since it's not with every game, it's unlikely to be an Xbox issue
Thema:

1. Astro A40 TR +Mixamp audio issues - Similar Threads - Astro A40 +Mixamp

2. Astro A40 tr +M80 mixamp not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40 tr +M80 mixamp not working: I recently bought the astro A40 tr +m80 mixamp but they do not work with my Xbox elite series 2 controller on my Xbox series x. If I use the basic audio cable that comes with the headset, I get...
  3. Astro a40 + Mixamp Gen 4 won’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a40 + Mixamp Gen 4 won’t connect: Hello, I need some help with my new Astro set up. I completed all firmware updates after buying it. I tried plugging it in to my Series X via Micro USB, but nothing happens. My series X doesn’t...
  4. Astro A40 with M80 Mixamp Microphone Troubles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Astro A40 with M80 Mixamp Microphone Troubles: To whom it may concern: I have had the astro A40 headset for a little over a year, purchased in new condition. Lately I have had the issue with the microphone not working anymore, but the sound,...
  5. Astro a40 + mixamp pro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a40 + mixamp pro: I have plug it all in and the audio is working but when i try to talk in a party my mic doesn't work 70d5109f-7837-4b90-8930-8d12c194a19e
  6. Astro A40+ mixamp Pro: cannot hear others.

in XboX Insiders
    Astro A40+ mixamp Pro: cannot hear others.: So at first when I got this set up I was having the opposite issue where it wouldn’t assign so I couldn’t use the mic. Once I found out I needed to update the headset to get it to assign the new...
  7. Why is my astro a40 mic not working with no mixamp.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my astro a40 mic not working with no mixamp.: I got the astro a40s for christmas but I don't know how to fix the mic with no mixamp on xbox with no pc 94dac18a-95a9-4eac-8866-ed9b3aa18c79
  8. Astro a40 with mixamp pro

in XBoX Accessibility
    Astro a40 with mixamp pro: I just purchased the astro a40 with mixamp pro headset, I am unable to get my microphone to work and when I try to assign the headset to my xbox account, it will not let me do so. Any ideas on how...
  9. ASTRO A40 + SETUP MIXAMP PRO GEN 2 (2019)

in XBoX on Consoles
    ASTRO A40 + SETUP MIXAMP PRO GEN 2 (2019): Salve, vorrei sapere come si configura headset (astro a40 + mixamp pro) su xbox per usare il dolby atmos usando l'app dolby access poichè se lo configuro secondo la guida di astro l'app mi dice...
  10. Astro A40 TR + Mixamp Not Connecting to profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40 TR + Mixamp Not Connecting to profile: Hello! I am new to this community forum thing, so hang with me. Yesterday I went out and purchased the Astro A40 TR headset with the updated mixamp. Upon arriving home I followed the instruction...