ASTRO A40 + SETUP MIXAMP PRO GEN 2 (2019)

Discus and support ASTRO A40 + SETUP MIXAMP PRO GEN 2 (2019) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Salve, vorrei sapere come si configura headset (astro a40 + mixamp pro) su xbox per usare il dolby atmos usando l'app dolby access poichè se lo... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Skorpion 111196, Dec 12, 2019.

1. ASTRO A40 + SETUP MIXAMP PRO GEN 2 (2019)

Salve, vorrei sapere come si configura headset (astro a40 + mixamp pro) su xbox per usare il dolby atmos usando l'app dolby access poichè se lo configuro secondo la guida di astro l'app mi dice che il dolby atmos non è attivo e quinda da configurarlo. Premetto
    che sia app (accesso dolby) che mix amp pro sono stati aggiornati all'ultima versione e che headset sull'xbox viene riconuscito è completato perfettamente se lo configuro secondo la guida astro però app dolby mi dice che non è abilitato al dolby atmos.

[Translation - Hi, I would like to know how to configure headset (astro a40 + mixamp pro) on xbox to use dolby atmos using the dolby access app as if I configure it according to the astro guide the app tells me that dolby atmos is not active and
    quinda to configure it. I state that both the app (dolby access) and mix amp pro have been updated to the latest version and that the headset on the xbox is reconquered is perfectly completed if I configure it according to the astro guide but dolby app tells
    me that it is not dolby atmos enabled.]

:)

Skorpion 111196, Dec 12, 2019
  2. XBF Ezra G Win User

Hi Skorpion,

Thanks for your post. I understand you are looking to configure your Xbox One to work with your Astro A40 and MixAmp Pro. You may want to check out the
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-T9kucG5nQ made by Astro.

I hope this helps.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Skorpion 111196,

Thank you for clarifying. Upon further research, I found that the mix amp you have made by Astro produces sound in the digital format of Dolby Digital Audio, which is different than Dolby Atmos, which is a surround sound technology engineered by Dolby to
    have a virtual surround sound experience with any headset that you may use. Since your headset includes the mix amp, you only have to make sure you set it up exactly like the video and make sure the button is turned on the mix amp that allows the Dolby Digital
    Audio. Dolby Atmos would not be necessary unless you plan on not using the mix amp. I suggest looking online for other threads that have people who are experts or know more about the technicalities of the differences between Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi

Did you start Dolby's 30-day free trial or did you pay the one-time payment (14.99$) to unlock Dolby Atmos for Headphones through the app? Or did you redeem a pre-paid code unlocking access to Dolby Atmos?

Dolby Atmos is not free. The app is free to download but you won't be able to set up Dolby Atmos for Headphones unless you get access using the methods I asked above.

You can visit this link for more information: https://www.dolby.com/us/en/apps/access/pc-xbox.html
  5. Skorpion 111196 Win User

Salve

L'app è stata riscatta con un codice ed è ancora attiva, se configuro secondo l'app il dolby atmos mi dice che è attivo però non seguo la guida di astro ma dell'app z, nel giocare però se sul mix amp provo a mettere la modalit dolby con il pulsante è come
    si sentisse l'eco, quello che voglio capire è se lo configuro secondo il dolby access e lascio il mix amp in modalit sorgente tramite il pulsante presente il dolby atmos funziona ugualmente.

[Mod Translation-Hello

The app has been redeemed with a code and is still active, if I configure according to the app the dolby atmos tells me that it is active but I don't follow the astro guide but the app z, in playing though if on the mix amp I try to putting the dolby
    mode with the button is how you hear the echo, what I want to understand is if I configure it according to the dolby access and leave the mix amp in source mode through the button present the dolby atmos works the same.]
  6. Skorpion 111196 Win User

Salve xbf Ezra G

Se lo configuronseconda la guida di astro l'app dolby access mi dice che il dolby atmos non è abilitato

[Mod Translation-Hi xbf Ezra G

If you configure it with the astro guide the dolby access app tells me that dolby atmos is not enabled]
Thema:

1. ASTRO A40 + SETUP MIXAMP PRO GEN 2 (2019) - Similar Threads - ASTRO A40 SETUP

2. Astro a40 microphone problem on windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Astro a40 microphone problem on windows 11: I have an astro a40. I checked all options and i still have this low volume microphone. I have checked microphone volume and all this things but I still can't get heared by my friends. It is...
  3. My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Astro A40 mic works in discord, but when I go into Xbox party it says “we can’t find...: I have an Xbox one S. I’m not sure why the mic works in discord, but not in the Xbox party. I don’t change anything when I switch, my mic isn’t muted but when I go to an Xbox party others can’t...
  4. Should I be running Dolby atmos or stereo uncompressed for my Astro A40’s ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I be running Dolby atmos or stereo uncompressed for my Astro A40’s ?: I’m thinking stereo uncompressed makes footsteps easier to decipher between rather than surround sound. Any thoughts? 9aa85272-1f42-4dd3-83ef-32b640501492
  5. Astro A40 TR +Mixamp audio issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Astro A40 TR +Mixamp audio issues: Hi there, I've recently installed the beta for MW2 and whenever I go into a game I get a horrid screeching noise through my headset. I also get the same noise when playing forza horizon. I don't...
  6. I can't hear voice chat in games astro A40 XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear voice chat in games astro A40 XSS: i can't hear voice chat from games i have an astro headset a40 4 gen and the astro optical audio adapter with an xbox series s, everything Is update, my audio settings are stereo uncompressed...
  7. Astro A40 tr +M80 mixamp not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40 tr +M80 mixamp not working: I recently bought the astro A40 tr +m80 mixamp but they do not work with my Xbox elite series 2 controller on my Xbox series x. If I use the basic audio cable that comes with the headset, I get...
  8. Astro a40 + Mixamp Gen 4 won’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro a40 + Mixamp Gen 4 won’t connect: Hello, I need some help with my new Astro set up. I completed all firmware updates after buying it. I tried plugging it in to my Series X via Micro USB, but nothing happens. My series X doesn’t...
  9. Astro A40 TR Headset not being detected on my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40 TR Headset not being detected on my account: So I have been repeatedly trying to figure out how to get the microphone on my Mixamp to work but my xbox account wont recognize any of my headsets for some reason. I have hard reset my xbox and...
  10. Astro A40 with M80 Mixamp Microphone Troubles

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Astro A40 with M80 Mixamp Microphone Troubles: To whom it may concern: I have had the astro A40 headset for a little over a year, purchased in new condition. Lately I have had the issue with the microphone not working anymore, but the sound,...