Assigned to Family with random person as a child?

Discus and support Assigned to Family with random person as a child? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; After I migrated my minecraft account to a new email address as I was forced to do, I found myself suddenly locked out of any multiplayer features.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JudeHarcourt, Mar 10, 2023.

1. JudeHarcourt
    JudeHarcourt Guest

After I migrated my minecraft account to a new email address as I was forced to do, I found myself suddenly locked out of any multiplayer features. After checking, I realised that it had assigned me to a family with a random person who shares my last name, and I was completely unable to change my date of birth or country, both of which were wrong. The issue is that my account seems to believe that I was born in 2014, meaning that I'm both locked out of MP features and unable to either change my date of birth or leave the family. The family organiser, who I don't know, has been completely unresponsive to all my contact attampts. I've talked to many different supports about this and every time they promise to fix my issue and then get back to me with 'there's nothing we can do'. Apparently, unless this random person removes me or I wait 10 years to be of age, nothing can be done. I'm truly desperate here and out of options. Surely there's something that can be done since I'm at an absolute dead end and starting to lose it. Please help?

:)

JudeHarcourt, Mar 10, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi JudeHarcourt,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum. We Hope you are well today other that his account issue.

We understand that you are having trouble on your account bearing a date of birth as child and it is under certain family organizer whom you have no contact with recently. As per description you have consulted this to various supports but fail to resolve your issues. May we ask if the support you have consulted was our live Xbox support? They are the best support who can manage this kind of issue other that the said organizer whom you do not know, and whom you don't have access with.

What we can recommend for you now is to find a way to remember that family organizer in order to have access to your account and manage the possible change of details. For sure he/she is just one of your relatives or close friends. Xbox Community Forum caters gaming issues and software related only. We have limited resources for issues like you have mentioned here especially details of accounts.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Jude Charlie Harcourt,

We appreciate for your patience and truly understand how you feel now.

We are investigating this issue further and ask referrals to some experts in gaming here. We get back to you once we got feedback.

Have a great day.

Kind regards,,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hello Jude Charlie Harcourt,

Thank you for updating and we are happy to hear that you were able to contact the said organizer already.

Allow us to close this thread for now. Should you need further assistance feel free to contact us again and for your other concern in the future you may create a new thread here. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Have a good one and Happy gaming!

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Jude Charlie Harcour Win User

It definitely isn't a member of my family since they are registed in the United States, and me and my entire family are in the United Kingdom, the problem is not on my end here. I have previously talked to xbox support and they told me that can't do anything, which I think is completely ridiculous since I'm losing out on features I paid for through no fault of my own. It's not that I've fallen out of contact with the family organiser, it's that I DO NOT KNOW THEM AND THEY ARE NOT A MEMBER OF MY ACTUAL FAMILY. I have checked with all of them, none of who have the name of the account, I only came here since I've tried many other supports and all of them have been useless - thanks for replying at least.
  6. Jude Charlie Harcour Win User

Don't worry about it, I have managed to make contact with the organizer and he has removed me, still no clue how I got added to it though.
Thema:

1. Assigned to Family with random person as a child? - Similar Threads - Assigned Family random

2. Headset Pairing and Assignment

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Pairing and Assignment: So I just recently bought a refurbished wireless headset, (Razer Kaira Pro), and the day I bought it I paired it to my girlfriends xbox one, and it assigned to her account. I’m now at my own house...
  3. Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controllers assigned to profiles issue: My wife and I are trying to play 2 player fortnite. I recently bought her a new Xbox brand Xbox controller and a turtle beach head set. I paired her new controller to our Xbox and created her own...
  4. How to assign controller 2 to player 2 when playing locally?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to assign controller 2 to player 2 when playing locally?: Hello, when I try to play 2 players locally on my Xbox series S, it recognizes the 2 controllers for player 1. I tried to turn off/turn on the controller 2, it still assign it to player 1. How can...
  5. Can the be two assigned as adults in family safety

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can the be two assigned as adults in family safety: In Family Safety app, can a husband & wife both share organizer role? 29181d13-df6f-42f4-accd-26362a79156e
  6. Assign buttons to steering wheels

in XboX Insiders
    Assign buttons to steering wheels: Forza Motorsport is coming out and it will surely not be possible to assign the additional buttons on my fanatec steering wheel since Xbox only allows me the default buttons on the controller....
  7. Stopped Auto assigning

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stopped Auto assigning: Ive had this headset for a year and it has always automatically assigned to my main account on my xbox, yesterday it stopped automatically assigning and it didn't let me hear anyone in party chat...
  8. Assigning Minecraft account to a diffrent Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assigning Minecraft account to a diffrent Microsoft account: Since my Microsoft account was linked to my Minecraft account I lost access to my Minecraft account cause someone deleted my Microsoft account. Now Im not sure what happens but I was wondering if...
  9. There is an XBox profile assigned to my Microsoft Account that is not me! How to Delete???

in XBoX Accessibility
    There is an XBox profile assigned to my Microsoft Account that is not me! How to Delete???: Can someone please tell me why there is an XBox profile assigned to my Microsoft account, and how to delete this? I have never used XBox! No-one else has access to my computer. I tried looking at...
  10. New assign possibilities to Xbox Elite 2 Controller's paddles

in XboX Insiders
    New assign possibilities to Xbox Elite 2 Controller's paddles: I would really like to be able assign the following to the Xbox Elite 2 Controller's paddles: * Button combinations, like LB + X to P1, LB + Y to P3. For example in Snowrunner, the AWD and Diff...