Assassin's creed Valhalla & Odyssey editions with DLCs are worth the extra money?

Discus and support Assassin's creed Valhalla & Odyssey editions with DLCs are worth the extra money? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have already bought a few games during the black Friday and there are a few more I would like to buy before tomorrow. My knowledge... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Giobox77, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Giobox77
    Giobox77 Guest

Assassin's creed Valhalla & Odyssey editions with DLCs are worth the extra money?

Hi everyone,

I have already bought a few games during the black Friday and there are a few more I would like to buy before tomorrow. My knowledge about gaming is very low so any advice from experienced gamer is well appreciated.

Although the low ratings I find Valhalla visually amazing., has anybody played and enjoyed this game?

The standard edition is around £19 , however there is also a complete edition with all the DLCs (which are a lot for $42) since I bought already a few games I did not want to spend £42 for another game but considering the number of DLC in the edition it seems a bargain.

My concern is that on YouTube everyone complains about Valhalla DLCs and consider them a waste of money as they are pretty much a repetition of the original game with slightly different scenarios.

What is your opinion? I would not mind spending more if the DLCs are amazing , but if they are useless as people say on YouTube then I would rather save some money.

I might also buy Odyssey and there is a gold edition with all the DLC anyone would like to share his/her opinion about these?

Many thanks Assassin's creed Valhalla & Odyssey editions with DLCs are worth the extra money? :)

:)

Giobox77, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Giobox77 Win User

Thank you Leo for your very helpful comment! I played one of the old AC probably 20 years ago on a pc it was the one among Venice, Florence, etc. Only gam I ever played together with pes at fragments of gta3.

At the time it was visually stunning plus I'm Italian even if I live in the UK so it was amazing climbing on historical building and look at the beauty of Italy.

I love that historical period too I really enjoyed vikings at the beginning and last Longdon on netflix even if fictional.

Thank you!
  3. Leo Invictus Win User

I enjoyed Valhalla quite a lot, but I'm very interested in the historical period of Anglo-Saxon/Danelaw England, which of course is the setting for the game, and that plays into my overall opinion of the game's story and setting.

Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite game franchises, but even so, I haven't played every AC game simply because they are so big and long and I have limited time to play. My rule of thumb is to play the AC games which focus on the historical time periods I am most interested in.

It sounds like you have not yet played an Assassin's Creed game, which is one reason I suggest just buying the base game first to see if you enjoy the gameplay and story. You'll get a huge amount of content just with the base game, and after playing a while you may be better able to assess whether you'll be interested later in devoting more time to the game through the add-ons.

I bought the first two DLC add-ons (Wrath of the Druids and Siege of Paris) on sale when I was ready to play them after the base game. I haven't tracked the price for Dawn of Ragnarok, but it's been out a while and should be coming down in price also. I honestly can't recall if I even used any of the Berserker items. Except for the runes, I believe they are mostly cosmetic in nature.

The only other game on your list that I've played, at least partially, is Red Dead Redemption 2. I only made it to Chapter 2 before getting sidetracked, so I can't give much of an opinion on the game. I need to get back to it one day.

Best of luck and happy gaming.
  4. Giobox77 Win User

Wow that is a very satisfying answer!

I love when experienced gamers share their experience about gaming as I am completely new to this world and it is so easy to get lost among the many titles and editions. Did you enjoy Valhalla? Is it just visually stunning or are gameplay and story any good too?

I thought about buying the DLCs later if I feel the need, but I never seen them on sale, all I see on sale are the editions including the DLCs, but if you tell me that soemtimes also the DLCs are on sale I can wait :) and I suppose I could do the same with Odyssey if the DLCs are on offer too sometimes.

What about the definite edition? Is 26£ and does include all the berserker packs and a set of runs. Is this content a big deal or would you still go for the standard edition £19?

Since you are so kind there are another few games I am considering to buy before the black Friday ends tomorrow

Red Redemption 2

Watch Dogs Legion (especially gold edition)

Far Cry 6

Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom pain

Judgment/lost judgment

If you played any of these may I ask you a couple of quick questions about the ones you played
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Odyssey & all the dlc's are definately worth it.

Not started the dlc's on Valhalla yet but have put in about 120 hours on the base game getting 100% on everything.The Beserker pack is definately worth it for the armour you get.I've used it for the whole game,upgrading it when needed.

Out of the two i'd say Odyssey is probably the better game but i have enjoyed playing both.
  6. Leo Invictus Win User

Howdy!

I've played Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and two of the DLC add-ons.

If you decide to go with Valhalla, my personal suggestion would be to purchase the standard edition and play through that, and then later decide if you wish to purchase the add-ons. The base game is massive and is likely to provide well over 80 hours of game play for you - probably much more. The DLC is frequently on sale should you later wish to extend your time with the game.

I would say that the opinions you've read that the DLC is more of the same is a reasonable view, which, if you enjoy the game, isn't a bad thing. But due to the length of the base game, I think many folks have gotten burnt out by the time they are ready to play the add-ons. Personally, I enjoyed them.

I haven't played Assassin's Creed Odyssey, but I've heard good things. It is also a very long, massive game.
Thema:

1. Assassin's creed Valhalla & Odyssey editions with DLCs are worth the extra money? - Similar Threads - Assassin's creed Valhalla

2. Assassins creed Valhalla won't even start to download on my pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassins creed Valhalla won't even start to download on my pc: I am trying to download assassins creed Valhalla on my PC through game pass, and when I hit install absolutely nothing happens. I double checked, and there is more than enough storage space, only...
  3. Assassin's Creed Valhalla gives me a sad face when I install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla gives me a sad face when I install: Recently moved which account is linked with Xbox and ubisoft. All the old games show up on the new Ubisoft account, and Ubisoft shows the correct xbox account. However, when push install on AC:...
  4. Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on...: Assassin's creed Valhalla just added to a game pass. But when I try to Install a game on a Xbox one x it does not show install option. it's show buy ubisoft+ subscription....
  5. Assassin's creed mirage and valhalla are the only games crashes in xbox x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's creed mirage and valhalla are the only games crashes in xbox x: Assassin's creed mirage and valhalla are the only games crashes in xbox x. Tried clearing cache, different profiles, rest the console (both methods) and reinstalled but still the same. Also I...
  6. Why is Assassin's Creed Valhalla is not installing properly?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Assassin's Creed Valhalla is not installing properly?: I have tried to installed Valhalla twice and it always stopped at 99%. No matter what I do, it doesn't install properly. 15945a6b-9c36-433e-99ef-2e01229892c5
  7. Assassin's Creed Valhalla Siege of Paris keeps crashing.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Siege of Paris keeps crashing.: Just purchase the siege of Paris expansion for Assassin's Creed Valhalla and it keeps crashing after the cut scene in the rot of slums. Try to go back and reload the game but it kicks me out in...
  8. Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...: I have installed the game and It goes to the main screen of the game as soon as I press a it acts like it's going to load and then Kix me back to the dashboard I have tried all of the basic things...
  9. Assassin's Creed Valhalla Install Stops, Requires Already Present Physical Disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla Install Stops, Requires Already Present Physical Disc: I am trying to install Assassin's Creed Valhalla on an Xbox One using a physical disc. At some point during the install (offline mode) or update (online mode), the install/update stops and gives...
  10. Assassins Creed Valhalla crash on series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Assassins Creed Valhalla crash on series s: Yesterday I bought Assassins Creed Valhalla on my series s and download it. Today when I try to start the game for the first time I wanted to use my older ubisoft connect account to get my process...