: Aspect Ratio

Discus and support : Aspect Ratio in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Aspect Ratio Have you already consulted the manual for the tv. Here is a link to a copy... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Bigdawg153, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Bigdawg153
    Bigdawg153 Guest

Bigdawg153, Mar 15, 2020
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Aspect ratio

Hi, that is usually caused by something called overscan on the Tv, try looking for some overscan option in the Tv picture settings.

If you're struggling please post the make and model of the Tv and I'll try to find more info, be aware that not all Tv's have this overscan option so you may be stuck with the cut off screen.
  3. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Aspect ratio

You could try changing that to HDMI, it can sometimes help. If you lose the display totally then you would need to reset the display settings.

support.xbox.com/.../tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

Before going that route though, have you tried all the available HDMI port on the Tv ? If not then try a different port.
  4. WerferAkrobat Win User

Aspect ratio

I'm from Austria and my TV is from a local store. Not sure if you will find something about it (OK. ODL 32150-B LED TV)
  5. schnurren Win User

Aspect Ratio

Hello Bigdawg153,

By wide do you mean 16:9? That should be good enough for your Xbox One.

Question, this question is for your Xbox or a question with your TV?
  6. XBF - Evie Win User

Aspect Ratio

Hello masterskygamerthor frommherz,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that your monitor aspect ratio changed when launching a game. Let us check on this together so you can get back to gaming.

To reset your monitor aspect ratio, please follow the steps below.

1. Search for "Adjust display resolution" in the search bar in the bottom left corner of your screen
    2. Select "Change the resolution of the display" in System Settings option
    3. In Display panel, select the monitor you wish to change (will be labeled, if you do not know which monitor is which you can select "Identify")
    4. Under Scale and Layout, use the drop-down to select your desired scale
    5. Under Display resolution, select your desired resolution
    In game, you can edit your video settings to your desired preferences.

1. Launch the game
    2. Select Options & Career
    3. Navigate to Settings (gear icon)
    4. Select the Video tab
    5. From here, you can change your Window Mode, Aspect Ratio, and Resolution Settings to your desired preferences
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know if these suggestions help. Additionally, if there is any misunderstanding or clarification needed, please reply to this response.

Sincerely,

XBF – Evie

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. : Aspect Ratio - Similar Threads - Aspect Ratio

2. Can we fix my aspect ratio for my series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can we fix my aspect ratio for my series S: [img] Xbox series S displays in the top right corner, it's not filling out to the rest of the tv screen. Worked fine 2 days ago. 51f43356-8892-4d38-b40c-3d10c6469194
  3. How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x: My xobx one x has been working normally until a few hours ago when the display shrunk down to like 6:9 and no matter what I do wether I try to change settings on my TV or on my Xbox it won't fix....
  4. So I have a few questions about Xbox series s aspect ratio and resolution...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I have a few questions about Xbox series s aspect ratio and resolution...: So I have a 1366x768p TV and I wanted to ask first of all which aspect ratios are supported by Xbox series and also does Xbox have a problem with non standard resolutions like mine or will I get...
  5. Aspect ratio issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Aspect ratio issue: Hello, I’d like to have an ability to adjust aspect ratio in my XBOX’s settings. My current tv does not have an aspect ratio setting, so I cannot normally play because an image is going out of my...
  6. How to fix aspect ratio issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix aspect ratio issue?: I've played counter strike on 4:3 and since then every game starts in 4:3 even if the screen is set to 16:9. Is this a setting that i accidentally enabled? If no, how do i fit?...
  7. Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox: I recently purchased a LG 35WN65C and there is no aspect ratio that allows me to correctly use the full screen without the game looked stretched. Is there an adjustment that can be made either on...
  8. Adjust aspect ratio in a TV(1366*768p) for Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adjust aspect ratio in a TV(1366*768p) for Xbox series S: I just bought a Xbox series S, and try to play games via a 1366*768P TV. Unfortunately, the screen always can’t get a suitable aspect ratio. The default output screen is 1080p, at this picture...
  9. Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically: My Xbox one S keeps changing aspect ratio while I'm playing, tried other settings on my TV and in the Xbox but this keeps happening, it didn't happen before, it started about two weeks ago. anyone...
  10. Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox: [TECH] I've been trying to troubleshoot my TV because the screen Is too zoomed. I've changed the aspect ratio in the TV settings and it's the same outcome. I was wondering if anyone knows how to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Underscan picture ratio