Aspect Ratio=Overscan

Discus and support Aspect Ratio=Overscan in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Some TV's have preset aspect ratio. The only way to fix it, is to voice our problem to xbox, so they can add a update to the settings to adjust the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CHRONIC42O, Jan 1, 2014.

1. CHRONIC42O
    CHRONIC42O Guest

Aspect Ratio=Overscan

Some TV's have preset aspect ratio. The only way to fix it, is to voice our problem to xbox, so they can add a update to the settings to adjust the vertical and horizontal aspect. XBOX PLEASE FIX THE OVERSCAN PROBLEM!! Some games like battlefield 4 allow
    you to adjust your aspect. IT'S A SIMPLE FIX FOR XBOX<

:)

CHRONIC42O, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Peggle 2 Borders being cut off Screen.

Can you toggle your TV's overscan?

Perhaps you can mess around with your TV's aspect ratio?

XUnbornEchelonX, Jan 1, 2014
  3. The Nerdiest
    The Nerdiest Guest
    Xbox One Aspect Ratio/Overscan

I have an LCD 32' Sony Bravia, KDL-32BX310 and there's a good 2, nearly 3 inches of picture missing from my display. I had this same problem with my 360 but after messing around in the systems settings I managed to fix it. The same can't be said about my
    Xbox One :\ I managed to get it to where you can see a good slice of your pins from the page (720p, HDMI instead of auto-detect, color depth 36, when I initially switch from auto-detect to HDMI, it gives an ugly 640x480 resolution but proper aspect ratio) like
    if you were to just sign-in, but the picture is distorted and looks like i'm looking through the Predator's thermal vison visor (only happens when i take off auto-detect, looks great but zoomed in otherwise). My TV has no overscan fix, i press the "wide" button
    and all it does is zoom in. I'm guessing the problem is my TV.. which is moderately new, and if that's the problem, does Microsoft expect ppl to buy a new tv after dropping $500 for a new console? Shouldn't there be a simple aspect ratio setting, like the
    PS4 has? Don't get me wrong, I love my Xbox One, just a little depressing not getting my intended picture. Will there be a future update with this in mind? Help me Oprah.

The Nerdiest, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Aspect Ratio=Overscan

Hey there!

I can certainly understand wanting this option. I suggest making this post over in the
    Feedback Forums so the feedback team can take a look and take it into account. =)

Mister Cerb, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Mr Bro
    Mr Bro Guest
    It's certainly the most annoying problem that I find with using the new system. I will be adding a post to the feedback forums as well.

Mr Bro, Jan 3, 2014
  6. SnackRemix
    SnackRemix Guest
    Vote for Microsoft to fix this on their new Feedback forums here:

[Mod Removed -please
    see Xbox forum guidelines]

SnackRemix, Oct 31, 2018
  7. SnackRemix Win User

Aspect Ratio=Overscan

Vote for Microsoft to fix this on their new Feedback forums here:

[Mod Removed -please
    see Xbox forum guidelines]
  8. Mister Cerb Win User

Aspect Ratio=Overscan

Hey there!

I can certainly understand wanting this option. I suggest making this post over in the
    Feedback Forums so the feedback team can take a look and take it into account. =)
  9. Mr Bro Win User

Aspect Ratio=Overscan

It's certainly the most annoying problem that I find with using the new system. I will be adding a post to the feedback forums as well.
  10. XUnbornEchelonX Win User

Peggle 2 Borders being cut off Screen.

Can you toggle your TV's overscan?

Perhaps you can mess around with your TV's aspect ratio?
  11. SwordofWhedon Win User

Aspect ratio issue

You should be able to adjust all of that in your television settings, please consult your manual. You don’t have an aspect ratio issue, you have an overscan issue.

Most TVs, except for the bottom of the bargain basement, have the ability to virtually eliminate it, but they often use different terms. . There is only one aspect ratio for HD TVs, and one aspect ratio that Xbox supports, 16:9. Please consult your manual for how to eliminate overscan, the only one I know off the top of my head is Samsung, who calls it “just scan “
Thema:

Aspect Ratio=Overscan

1. Aspect Ratio=Overscan - Similar Threads - Aspect Ratio=Overscan

2. Hi i have just purchased an x box x and a 34inch curved monitor the monitor is 21:9 aspect...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i have just purchased an x box x and a 34inch curved monitor the monitor is 21:9 aspect...: Hi i have just purchased an x box x and a 34inch curved monitor the monitor is 21:9 aspect but the x box is 16:9 can i fill the screen with any adjustments ?? 3bf8d3d3-5562-44f0-866a-da432e1ee22f
  3. Are there any plans for Microsoft to release an update for the Xbox supporting new aspect...

in XBoX on Windows
    Are there any plans for Microsoft to release an update for the Xbox supporting new aspect...: I’ve recently purchased an ultra wide monitor. I’m wondering if there are any plans in place for Xbox to support new aspect ratios to better fit screens like this one....
  4. Can we fix my aspect ratio for my series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can we fix my aspect ratio for my series S: [img] Xbox series S displays in the top right corner, it's not filling out to the rest of the tv screen. Worked fine 2 days ago. 51f43356-8892-4d38-b40c-3d10c6469194
  5. How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x: My xobx one x has been working normally until a few hours ago when the display shrunk down to like 6:9 and no matter what I do wether I try to change settings on my TV or on my Xbox it won't fix....
  6. Are you able to detach the Xbox/gaming aspect of a Microsoft account to a different...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are you able to detach the Xbox/gaming aspect of a Microsoft account to a different...: I was using a freinds Xbox and never wound up making my own account, just used his, and years later I was still playing a lot and he wasn’t. Bottom line, I made a lot of progress in a lot of games...
  7. So I have a few questions about Xbox series s aspect ratio and resolution...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I have a few questions about Xbox series s aspect ratio and resolution...: So I have a 1366x768p TV and I wanted to ask first of all which aspect ratios are supported by Xbox series and also does Xbox have a problem with non standard resolutions like mine or will I get...
  8. Aspect ratio issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Aspect ratio issue: Hello, I’d like to have an ability to adjust aspect ratio in my XBOX’s settings. My current tv does not have an aspect ratio setting, so I cannot normally play because an image is going out of my...
  9. Looking for insight into what aspect of the Code of Conduct I violated to justify a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Looking for insight into what aspect of the Code of Conduct I violated to justify a...: Hi everyone, I've been on Xbox for well over a decade, and I always try to help people wherever and whenever I can. My brother and I were accused of "soft-locking", and although I'm not sure what...
  10. Xbox One Aspect Ratio/Overscan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Aspect Ratio/Overscan: I have an LCD 32' Sony Bravia, KDL-32BX310 and there's a good 2, nearly 3 inches of picture missing from my display. I had this same problem with my 360 but after messing around in the systems...