Aspect ratio help

Discus and support Aspect ratio help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; @Acidgen ... That's just the problem. My HDTV does not have a "PC Mode" option in the Picture Menu. This is not, however, a limitation of my TV. As... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by candyman100, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest

Aspect ratio help

@Acidgen ... That's just the problem. My HDTV does not have a "PC Mode" option in the Picture Menu. This is not, however, a limitation of my TV. As I've already stated above, my TV has been working just fine for my 360 - no issues whatsoever. This is an
    Xbox One issue. Thanks, though, for your trying to help me Aspect ratio help :)

Awxafy, Apr 15, 2014
  2. Acidgen
    Acidgen Guest
    Hi AWX, Yeah read through all the posts yesterday.

Most WOULD have been solved with PC mode. I dunno if you guys tried it but....

Check settings on xbox one and FORCE the HDMI output to PC mode....

But since a lot of you guys have the problem, only thing i can think of is... nothing...

You usually have this problems on Windows Machines hooked up to the tv, with the aspect ratio and all that..., and you have to go in to the graphic card settings and do the cropping etc etc.

Must be something with the TV / Projectors and the XBOX One signal. I thought my tv was going to give me problems. (PFL9956) but for once it has been smooth as silk.

Br,

Acidgen, Apr 15, 2014
  3. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    Br,

The only "setting" present within the One is a Calibration indicator that shows you where the green and blue lines are. If that's not what you are referring to, can you be a bit more specific?

Thanks for those fast replies, man. A real champ, indeed.

Awxafy, Apr 17, 2014
  4. Acidgen
    Acidgen Guest

Aspect ratio help

Hola!

In the Screen and Audio setup of the xbox, where you choose like 1080p (Can't look at the One atm since the kids have done a complete take over of the main livingroom here) there is options to choose Depth and HDMI mode. The HDMI mode can be used to choose
    e.g PC mode / TV Mode. Change that to PC mode, and lemmieknow how that does for you!

No problem, glad to help, it this works for 3 of you guys with problems i'm glad. If the rest of you are still having problems, that makes me a sad puppy.

Br,

Acidgen, Apr 17, 2014
  5. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    Br,

If you get the chance, can you outline the procedure step by step once you have access to your One? I don't have it for testing purposes.

Really appreciate it, man.

Awxafy, Apr 19, 2014
  6. bigbenx88
    bigbenx88 Guest
    I just got done reading this whole thread, and Awx it really seems like you have a thing or two to say about the X1. But I think a larger point is being missed here and I'd be remiss not to make it.

Now before I get into that, I want to preface this whole post with the fact that I in no way consider myself a "fanboy" of either side and I am in no way trying to be hostile or critical of your views.

That being said, it seems to me you're really missing out on the big picture here. I'm also going to save you a lot of time and hassle, the LIMITATIONS of your TV are going to hold you back from fully enjoying the system. There is no work around. There
    is no fix. There is no incoming patch. There is no adapter to buy that will fix your issue. And it sucks, I really feel for you. But that's just a segway to the main point, that being: real innovation has to be a balance of convenience and progression.
    The short version, you have an old TV and the X1 was made with thoughts to the future. This is a system that has to run the distance for the next decade, at least. If you want to be at the forefront of what the system is capable of doing, and you want to
    be on the cutting edge, then you need to be willing to make the investment to do that.

The tired complaint of 'well the 360...' is just that, a tired old complaint. And the same goes for 'shoulda bought a PS4'. I have both a PS4 and an X1 and I can tell you from experience that the only thing that makes the PS4 nice is it is only just now
    coming on par with the 360. Sure the hardware is better in the newer system, but it's capabilities and how they're being used are right on par. As for the X1, there are bumps in the road, just like there was with the 360. Just like there was with the PS4
    and 3 and 2. These systems were all nightmares at first. But after years of updates and remodels, we have the systems we now know today.

Your inconvenience is rough, I get that, I have a TV that's about 5 years old I can play it on at all either, so when I do want to play I have to wait until the kids go to bed so I can use the one TV in the house that can use it properly. It's a price I
    pay until I can make the investment into something more convenient. It's the price I have to pay for being a first adopter.

It seems to me the X1 isn't a good fit for you...right now. And maybe you'd be better off playing a PS4. That's your call. But I firmly believe that if you want the most out of the next gen and you're willing to make that investment with both your patience
    and your money (for the new TV), the I believe you'd be a lot happier in the long run. At the end of the day, you have to do what's best for you.

bigbenx88, Apr 19, 2014
  7. Acidgen
    Acidgen Guest
    Acidgen, Apr 20, 2014
  8. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest

Aspect ratio help

Has anybody been able to test the method that Acidgen provided? I feel unsure about buying this console only to find out that the above recommendation might not work, no offense Acid (I do hope it works, trust me).

Awxafy, Apr 29, 2014
  9. Ive tested it. Doesnt work. Still only the blue box visable. Please release a fix.

The 13mm Jackal, May 15, 2014
  10. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    wow ... it is MAY of 2014 ... and this STILL HASN'T BEEN RESOLVED!? ... this must be just too much to handle

Awxafy, May 17, 2014
  11. I'm having the same issue. Here's to hoping for a fix...

JeremyRandall, Jun 12, 2014
  12. SnackRemix
    SnackRemix Guest
    Hey everyone looks like Microsoft just ignores these forums since they haven't addressed this issue after all this time.

However, they have new feedback forums, so vote here to fix this issue:

[Mod Removed -please see Xbox
    forum guidelines]

SnackRemix, Oct 31, 2018
  13. Awxafy Win User

Aspect ratio help

wow ... it is MAY of 2014 ... and this STILL HASN'T BEEN RESOLVED!? ... this must be just too much to handle
  14. Awxafy Win User

Aspect ratio help

Br,

If you get the chance, can you outline the procedure step by step once you have access to your One? I don't have it for testing purposes.

Really appreciate it, man.
  15. Awxafy Win User

Aspect ratio help

UPDATE #3: Tried to get into contact with Joystiq, Destructoid, and VideoGamer about this and none of them were interested. It really amazes me how these sites will claim that they're all about bringing you guys "the news," yet when I want to mention that
    something basic is missing from MS's "next-gen" console, I receive no response. I don't use profanity and I'm quite professional with the way in which I message these sites. Very very odd, indeed (not really, I know what's up ... still sad).
  16. Awxafy Win User

Aspect ratio help

UPDATE: I messaged IGN about this through its "IGN Has Your Back" column A WHILE AGO, and I've received no reply from any one of its editors. Those "journalists" are undeniably in bed with MS. I guess I'll stop hitting them up for news and look for an outlet
    that's interested in ... you know ... answers?
  17. Thundercleetz Win User

Aspect ratio help

I didn't even notice this issue until I tried to use the calibrate feature in the settings. Anyways the calibrate feature says you have to adjust the aspect ratio in your tv settings. Luckily my Samsung LED had a setting called "screen fit" which perfectly
    adjusted the screen to see the blue outline. I never realized how much screen i was missing. CoD looked awesome after the complete calibration. I guess if your tv doesn't have an aspect ratio like that you're out of luck. Microsoft is this likely to blame
    the TV instead of the X1.
Thema:

Aspect ratio help

1. Aspect ratio help - Similar Threads - Aspect ratio help

2. Can we fix my aspect ratio for my series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can we fix my aspect ratio for my series S: [img] Xbox series S displays in the top right corner, it's not filling out to the rest of the tv screen. Worked fine 2 days ago. 51f43356-8892-4d38-b40c-3d10c6469194
  3. How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x: My xobx one x has been working normally until a few hours ago when the display shrunk down to like 6:9 and no matter what I do wether I try to change settings on my TV or on my Xbox it won't fix....
  4. So I have a few questions about Xbox series s aspect ratio and resolution...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I have a few questions about Xbox series s aspect ratio and resolution...: So I have a 1366x768p TV and I wanted to ask first of all which aspect ratios are supported by Xbox series and also does Xbox have a problem with non standard resolutions like mine or will I get...
  5. Aspect ratio issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Aspect ratio issue: Hello, I’d like to have an ability to adjust aspect ratio in my XBOX’s settings. My current tv does not have an aspect ratio setting, so I cannot normally play because an image is going out of my...
  6. How to fix aspect ratio issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix aspect ratio issue?: I've played counter strike on 4:3 and since then every game starts in 4:3 even if the screen is set to 16:9. Is this a setting that i accidentally enabled? If no, how do i fit?...
  7. Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox: I recently purchased a LG 35WN65C and there is no aspect ratio that allows me to correctly use the full screen without the game looked stretched. Is there an adjustment that can be made either on...
  8. Adjust aspect ratio in a TV(1366*768p) for Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adjust aspect ratio in a TV(1366*768p) for Xbox series S: I just bought a Xbox series S, and try to play games via a 1366*768P TV. Unfortunately, the screen always can’t get a suitable aspect ratio. The default output screen is 1080p, at this picture...
  9. Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically: My Xbox one S keeps changing aspect ratio while I'm playing, tried other settings on my TV and in the Xbox but this keeps happening, it didn't happen before, it started about two weeks ago. anyone...
  10. Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox: [TECH] I've been trying to troubleshoot my TV because the screen Is too zoomed. I've changed the aspect ratio in the TV settings and it's the same outcome. I was wondering if anyone knows how to...