Aspect ratio help

Discus and support Aspect ratio help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have issue with it just when watching tv I have to go into my direct tv dvr box and change it to wide screen every time I turn my xbox of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by candyman100, Jan 2, 2014.

1. candyman100
    candyman100 Guest

Aspect ratio help

I have issue with it just when watching tv I have to go into my direct tv dvr box and change it to wide screen every time I turn my xbox of

:)

candyman100, Jan 2, 2014
  2. Aspect ratio?

I have been looking up aspect ratio problems since I got my xbox one last week.

The only conclusion I have come to is that the aspect ratio setting on xbox one are incredibly lacking. I'm missing a small portion of screen on the top and bottom and a larger portion on the left and right.

My research had lead me to find that this had been an issue for a lot of people since launch and had yet to be resolved or even mentioned by Microsoft. This is a rather large issue that effects the fundamental appearance of the UI as a whole and should have
    been dealt with by now.

Excuse me if this has been fixed, but my xbox software is all up to date.

My television has no setting to alter this. I've been through everything. If I change to do through the xbox one the only added option I get is 640x480 which is useless.

This is an issue effecting a lot of people that can only be resolved in a patch for the system. Not everyone's televisions have these options.

TheodoreTweeder, Jan 2, 2014
  3. Aspect Ratio

Here is what going on my sons TV 32" Insignia and his Xbox Ones aspect ratio are linked together literally the Tv is changing the Xbox ones settings and the Xbox One is changing the TVs settings. The two are connected via the HDMI cable. After setting up
    the Tv option in the Xbox One the picture and sound came threw with no problem but the aspect ratio wasn't correct the picture was not filling the TV screen, at this point I went into the TVs menu and changed the video setting form normal to cinema. Now the
    video fills the screen of the TV but when I go to the home screen of the Xbox One the video screen is to big I can't see all the menu Items so I now go into the Xbox Ones settings and change the HDMI setting to 1080i ok the screen is normal, but when I switch
    back to the TV on the Xbox One the Screen Is small again HUH? So now I go back into the TVs menu and notice that the Xbox One has changed the setting on the TV from Cinema back to Normal (After doing this several times is when I noticed that one was changing
    the other) How is this possible? I even tried disconnecting the Xbox and setting the TV alone but once connected again they seem to vert back to the same state. Can some one help or is this a bug awaiting a fix?

KIRANkiller43, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Aspect ratio help

I came close to buying a new TV last night but thought forget it, it's not my fault and not everyone can afford to get a new tv to suit this console. If it actually did look super amazing then maybe I could semi justify the spending, in reality this is a
    simple thing,,,

RedEye Expr3ss, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    [quote user="RedEye Expr3ss"]

I came close to buying a new TV last night but thought forget it, it's not my fault and not everyone can afford to get a new tv to suit this console. If it actually did look super amazing then maybe I could semi justify the spending, in reality this is a
    simple thing,,,

[/quote]

I'm glad you didn't. That would've been a completely spineless move. Nobody in his or her right mind would go out of the way to purchase another television for an inferior console when he or she knows good and well that the TV currently owned is in perfect
    shape. I'm not going to break and buy a One as long as this ridiculous issue persists; I'm still enjoying my 360 Aspect ratio help :) Hopefully, I won't have to buy a PS4 to make the transition into the next-gen. Tis would be such a pity ... on MS's part, of course Aspect ratio help :D

Awxafy, Jan 6, 2014
  6. Yazzer6
    Yazzer6 Guest
    I have a Sony KDS-60A2000 (same as KDS-60A2020) and was researching between Xbox One & PS4. I might wait a few more months before I make a decision, but if this isn't fixed, the obvious choice will be PlayStation 4.

Yazzer6, Jan 10, 2014
  7. pd730
    pd730 Guest
    Most TVs overscan by default, which is probably leftover from the days of tube TVs where they had to overscan to fix the picture for tube curvature. If not overscanning, the picture would be too small and you'd see the curve of the image or white/crawling
    lines like what we see in non-anti-aliased images. See if you can find out how to get into the setup menu for your TV and adjust the overscan/image size that way. Be very careful though, don't change anything you don't know what it does and keep a record
    of the values that were there before you changed them. I used to do that with my old Panasonic tube HDTV, but now I have the option in the Panasonic LCD menu for Size 2 as someone already posted.

pd730, Jan 10, 2014
  8. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest

Aspect ratio help

@Yazzer6 ... Been thinking that since I got it. Trust me, I want this fixed so that I can move on with the Xbox legacy. If nothing's done, however, I won't mind switching to the PS4 in the slightest.

Awxafy, Jan 12, 2014
  9. I have the same issue with my Samsung 50 inch HDTV. Only size options are zoom, 16:9 and 4:1 or something like that, none of which make the screen fit. Even the blue box is off on my screen which is terribly annoying. It originally bothered me since i couldn't
    see the green words for voice command at the bottom of the screen. But then i got Rise and pretty much forgot about the issue since i could adjust the screen in that game. Now i just got Dead Rising and the issue is slapping me in the face again. I can't even
    play the game because most of the writing is off the screen when it tells you about things. Hope this issue is fixed soon. Right now i have xbox 360 minecraft and diablo 3 to hold me over. Feels weird owning an xbox one and spending more time on my 360 because
    of this.

Tomlinsonj11309, Jan 13, 2014
  10. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    [quote user="PaulFxgmen"]

Hope this issue is fixed soon. Right now i have xbox 360 minecraft and diablo 3 to hold me over. Feels weird owning an xbox one and spending more time on my 360 because of this.

[/quote]

This is why I returned mine. I'm not going to sit around and wait for a "possible" software patch. I want to
    know when the fix will come about. Ghosts on 360 is keeping me busy. Plus, I have Episode 2 of BioShock Infinite's
    Burial at Sea to look forward to. It's an absolute annoyance for sure, but it's not the end of the world.

Awxafy, Jan 13, 2014
  11. I have the same issue on my KDF-42E2000 Sony I have done everything that Microsoft live chat support has told me to do.

I mean literally everything and every suggestion.

No solution was found.

I am very disappointed that a $500 next-gen console isn't compatible with so many HDTVs and there is no solution whatsoever.

The support ended up telling me to post my issue on this forum and there is already this thread with like 4 pages with no official response.

I don't really understand how something like this goes undetected before a console is launched. I don't really care anymore I am going to return my Xbox One.

Good luck Microsoft,

NeoDestiny-631E6317-8E0E-4C3A-86AF-925A13EB9C85, Jan 22, 2014
  12. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    [quote user="NeoDestiny"]

I have the same issue on my KDF-42E2000 Sony I have done everything that Microsoft live chat support has told me to do.

I mean literally everything and every suggestion.

No solution was found.

I am very disappointed that a $500 next-gen console isn't compatible with so many HDTVs and there is no solution whatsoever.

The support ended up telling me to post my issue on this forum and there is already this thread with like 4 pages with no official response.

I don't really understand how something like this goes undetected before a console is launched. I don't really care anymore I am going to return my Xbox One.

Good luck Microsoft,

[/quote]

And it's not like we want to hate on MS. We want to continue on with the Xbox legacy. But what does the company expect us to do when its console suffers from developer incompetence? Suck it up and deal with it like cowards?
    Wrong. I'll gladly become a PlayStation fanboy before I buy an Xbox One with this persisting problem.

Microsoft, please fix this. If you do not, I will be forced to switch sides. That's just the way it is.

Awxafy, Jan 23, 2014
  13. Aspect ratio help

I already returned my Xbox One.

This is unacceptable but at least I got it refunded so it isn't the end of the world.

NeoDestiny-631E6317-8E0E-4C3A-86AF-925A13EB9C85, Jan 23, 2014
  14. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    [quote user="NeoDestiny"]

I already returned my Xbox One.

This is unacceptable but at least I got it refunded so it isn't the end of the world.

[/quote]

*High Fives*

Yeah, I returned mine a while ago. Welcome to the club! I'm glad to see that you received a full refund. Now? Enjoy your 360 Aspect ratio help :) Can't wait for BioShock Infinite's
    Burial at Sea: Episode 2.

Awxafy, Jan 23, 2014
  15. Kind of annoying they haven't even mentioned that they are working on a fix for this.

Tomlinsonj11309, Jan 29, 2014
Thema:

Aspect ratio help

1. Aspect ratio help - Similar Threads - Aspect ratio help

2. Can we fix my aspect ratio for my series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can we fix my aspect ratio for my series S: [img] Xbox series S displays in the top right corner, it's not filling out to the rest of the tv screen. Worked fine 2 days ago. 51f43356-8892-4d38-b40c-3d10c6469194
  3. How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x: My xobx one x has been working normally until a few hours ago when the display shrunk down to like 6:9 and no matter what I do wether I try to change settings on my TV or on my Xbox it won't fix....
  4. So I have a few questions about Xbox series s aspect ratio and resolution...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I have a few questions about Xbox series s aspect ratio and resolution...: So I have a 1366x768p TV and I wanted to ask first of all which aspect ratios are supported by Xbox series and also does Xbox have a problem with non standard resolutions like mine or will I get...
  5. Aspect ratio issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Aspect ratio issue: Hello, I’d like to have an ability to adjust aspect ratio in my XBOX’s settings. My current tv does not have an aspect ratio setting, so I cannot normally play because an image is going out of my...
  6. How to fix aspect ratio issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix aspect ratio issue?: I've played counter strike on 4:3 and since then every game starts in 4:3 even if the screen is set to 16:9. Is this a setting that i accidentally enabled? If no, how do i fit?...
  7. Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox: I recently purchased a LG 35WN65C and there is no aspect ratio that allows me to correctly use the full screen without the game looked stretched. Is there an adjustment that can be made either on...
  8. Adjust aspect ratio in a TV(1366*768p) for Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adjust aspect ratio in a TV(1366*768p) for Xbox series S: I just bought a Xbox series S, and try to play games via a 1366*768P TV. Unfortunately, the screen always can’t get a suitable aspect ratio. The default output screen is 1080p, at this picture...
  9. Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically: My Xbox one S keeps changing aspect ratio while I'm playing, tried other settings on my TV and in the Xbox but this keeps happening, it didn't happen before, it started about two weeks ago. anyone...
  10. Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox: [TECH] I've been trying to troubleshoot my TV because the screen Is too zoomed. I've changed the aspect ratio in the TV settings and it's the same outcome. I was wondering if anyone knows how to...