Aspect ratio help

Discus and support Aspect ratio help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hopefully they are working on a patch for this, I have a 26" Dynex (Best Buy housebrand) 720p LCD set that I use for my 360 and my One and I have no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by candyman100, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Aspect ratio help

Hopefully they are working on a patch for this, I have a 26" Dynex (Best Buy housebrand) 720p LCD set that I use for my 360 and my One and I have no problems with the 360 cutting off the image but I can't see the green lines on the Xbox One calibration screen
    and I've tried everything with no fix yet.

JustinSane1991, Jan 29, 2014
  2. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    [quote user="JustinSane1991"]

Hopefully they are working on a patch for this, I have a 26" Dynex (Best Buy housebrand) 720p LCD set that I use for my 360 and my One and I have no problems with the 360 cutting off the image but I can't see the green lines on the Xbox
    One calibration screen and I've tried everything with no fix yet.

[/quote]

"Hopefully" is right. I'd hate to miss out on the next Gears / Halo game. Too bad I won't be getting Titanfall for the One Aspect ratio help :(

Awxafy, Jan 29, 2014
  3. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    Does anybody know if February's update will resolve this?

Awxafy, Feb 5, 2014
  4. phishyphishy
    phishyphishy Guest

Aspect ratio help

The recent update did not fix this problem.

However, I will say that I have now been dealing with this issue for a few month and it has not greatly impacted my experience. Besides Peggle, the issue is not noticeable. I am assuming as long as the smaller aspect box fits in the screen, future games
    will not be a problem.

phishyphishy, Feb 15, 2014
  5. Unfortunately the update did not help this issue. Anyway we can get someone from microsoft to comment in this thread. I would love to find out if this will be fixed.

Orbal-FD108213-753D-47C5-8C89-6088536B4898, Feb 15, 2014
  6. pete8475
    pete8475 Guest
    I have a 42" RCA LCD TV with the same issue. I can see the blue line but not the green and NO setting in the TV menu will all you to adjust viewable display size on 1080p or 720p HDMI signals.

The PS4 and PC I have hooked up to the other 2 HDMI inputs thankfully have options in their software to reduce the screen size so that all games and apps show up correctly.

pete8475, Feb 15, 2014
  7. I didn't even notice this issue until I tried to use the calibrate feature in the settings. Anyways the calibrate feature says you have to adjust the aspect ratio in your tv settings. Luckily my Samsung LED had a setting called "screen fit" which perfectly
    adjusted the screen to see the blue outline. I never realized how much screen i was missing. CoD looked awesome after the complete calibration. I guess if your tv doesn't have an aspect ratio like that you're out of luck. Microsoft is this likely to blame
    the TV instead of the X1.

Thundercleetz, Feb 15, 2014
  8. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest

Aspect ratio help

@Thundercleetz "Microsoft is likely to blame the TV instead of the X1."

That would be a very stupid thing to do, seeing that those people who are suffering from this particular issue have not been experiencing it on the 360 (Microsoft's previous console).
    By the way, the PlayStation 4 has had a feature that allows users to adjust the aspect ratio to whatever they deem fit since the console's launch on November 15th, 2013. Admitting that the feature is missing and announcing a near-future fix would go a long
    way. So far? MS looks quite incompetent.

Awxafy, Feb 16, 2014
  9. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    UPDATE: I messaged IGN about this through its "IGN Has Your Back" column A WHILE AGO, and I've received no reply from any one of its editors. Those "journalists" are undeniably in bed with MS. I guess I'll stop hitting them up for news and look for an outlet
    that's interested in ... you know ... answers?

Awxafy, Mar 3, 2014
  10. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    UPDATE #2: Contacted Gamespot about the exact same thing ... and no response. So much for uncompromising news outlets. That relationship has to be kept tight.

Awxafy, Mar 10, 2014
  11. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    UPDATE #3: Tried to get into contact with Joystiq, Destructoid, and VideoGamer about this and none of them were interested. It really amazes me how these sites will claim that they're all about bringing you guys "the news," yet when I want to mention that
    something basic is missing from MS's "next-gen" console, I receive no response. I don't use profanity and I'm quite professional with the way in which I message these sites. Very very odd, indeed (not really, I know what's up ... still sad).

Awxafy, Mar 29, 2014
  12. lowey21
    lowey21 Guest
    Just had similar problems on my Panasonic tv, my fix (at least so far) seems to be turning pixel orbiter to Auto (instead of On) through my tv settings. There really should be an option to manually set the boundaries though.

lowey21, Apr 10, 2014
  13. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest

Aspect ratio help

@lowey ... I have a 27" Samsung HDTV. I've had it for years. It works just fine for my 360. In fact, it's worked just fine for my 360 for a long time. For some reason, though, the Xbox One seems to have regressed. Which is odd, seeing that it's
    competition (namely, the PS4) has not. Sony's next-gen system has had an adjustable aspect ratio feature since it was first launched on November 15th, 2013. It's now April 2014, and MS STILL HAS NOT implemented said feature. It's strictly incompetent. I'll
    hold onto my 360 until it is no longer supported. If this problem has not been resolved by then, which will be a while (2016), I will no longer purchase a MS product ever again. Hopefully,
    that won't be the case because I love Halo and Gears Aspect ratio help :D

Awxafy, Apr 13, 2014
  14. Awxafy
    Awxafy Guest
    Forgot to mention that my HDTV does not have an option to appropriately adjust aspect ratio. However, it hasn't had that option since I've had my 360, either, which works just fine. It's not a limitation of the TV, as MS routinely says. It's a limitation
    of the console, plain and simple. Every time I mention that my 360 has worked just fine, what response do I get? "__________________________"

Awxafy, Apr 14, 2014
  15. Acidgen
    Acidgen Guest
    Hi,

Most TV's crop the HDMI signal input unless you can put the tv in "PC MODE".

Check your TV if you have such a function, and activate it. This should give you better color space and not interfere much with the crop aspect of the signal.

Hope that helps.

Br,

Acidgen, Apr 15, 2014
Thema:

Aspect ratio help

1. Aspect ratio help - Similar Threads - Aspect ratio help

2. Can we fix my aspect ratio for my series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can we fix my aspect ratio for my series S: [img] Xbox series S displays in the top right corner, it's not filling out to the rest of the tv screen. Worked fine 2 days ago. 51f43356-8892-4d38-b40c-3d10c6469194
  3. How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change the aspect ratio on xbox one x: My xobx one x has been working normally until a few hours ago when the display shrunk down to like 6:9 and no matter what I do wether I try to change settings on my TV or on my Xbox it won't fix....
  4. So I have a few questions about Xbox series s aspect ratio and resolution...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I have a few questions about Xbox series s aspect ratio and resolution...: So I have a 1366x768p TV and I wanted to ask first of all which aspect ratios are supported by Xbox series and also does Xbox have a problem with non standard resolutions like mine or will I get...
  5. Aspect ratio issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Aspect ratio issue: Hello, I’d like to have an ability to adjust aspect ratio in my XBOX’s settings. My current tv does not have an aspect ratio setting, so I cannot normally play because an image is going out of my...
  6. How to fix aspect ratio issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to fix aspect ratio issue?: I've played counter strike on 4:3 and since then every game starts in 4:3 even if the screen is set to 16:9. Is this a setting that i accidentally enabled? If no, how do i fit?...
  7. Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Correct aspect ratio/resolution for LG 35WN65C when playing games on Xbox: I recently purchased a LG 35WN65C and there is no aspect ratio that allows me to correctly use the full screen without the game looked stretched. Is there an adjustment that can be made either on...
  8. Adjust aspect ratio in a TV(1366*768p) for Xbox series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adjust aspect ratio in a TV(1366*768p) for Xbox series S: I just bought a Xbox series S, and try to play games via a 1366*768P TV. Unfortunately, the screen always can’t get a suitable aspect ratio. The default output screen is 1080p, at this picture...
  9. Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one changing aspect ratio automatically: My Xbox one S keeps changing aspect ratio while I'm playing, tried other settings on my TV and in the Xbox but this keeps happening, it didn't happen before, it started about two weeks ago. anyone...
  10. Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox: [TECH] I've been trying to troubleshoot my TV because the screen Is too zoomed. I've changed the aspect ratio in the TV settings and it's the same outcome. I was wondering if anyone knows how to...