Ark players who had access on gold now have to get a different membership because gold is...

Discus and support Ark players who had access on gold now have to get a different membership because gold is... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I only purchased gold so I could play ark, no other games interest me. Why was I not notified when I purchased my membership in September that I would... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sammie Fetty, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Sammie Fetty
    Sammie Fetty Guest

Ark players who had access on gold now have to get a different membership because gold is...

I only purchased gold so I could play ark, no other games interest me. Why was I not notified when I purchased my membership in September that I would loose access to the gold games in a week? Do I get a refund or am I expected to purchase another type of membership to play?

:)

Sammie Fetty, Sep 29, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Ark players who had access on gold now have to get a different membership because gold is now core membership?

Ark wasn't included with Gold. Gold isn't even something you'd need for PC. You'd either have to had purchased the game or have had to had PC Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate to be able to play it.
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Ark players who had access on gold now have to get a different membership because gold is now core membership?

Your Gold membership will have been converted to Game Pass Core, so you shouldn't be any worse off.

Game Pass Core still gives you access to online play, weekly discounts/sales, access to past games you claimed via Games With Gold, plus it also gives you access to a catalogue of 36 games, kind of like a mini version of Game Pass.

Games With Gold has ended, so no new games will be offered via that, but any past games you claimed can still be played as long as you have either Game Pass Core or Ultimate.
  4. Sammie Fetty Win User

We have discovered that thanks to my kid owning the game I don't even need a subscription at all to play on our server from the p.c. I have only ever had the gold subscription. Now that the game is on the drive I can click play instead of get game pass 😁 I had 4 separate Xbox subscriptions to pull of playing together on both p.c and console. Apparently all I needed was one account to own and download the game on our devices. I'm no longer upset but relieved 😌 Much cheaper to buy the game than to pay subscriptions. I think I assumed I needed the "live" subscription to connect with online games... perhaps this only works because we are hosting our own server? I won't ask anymore questions now that I'm not going to have to pay again and again. Happy face ☺
  5. Sammie Fetty Win User

I have upgraded to a new p.c. and now when logging on to both my Microsoft store and my Xbox app my only options are to purchase the game or purchase a game pass... this confused me because when I go to my subscriptions it is telling me I have core game pass and not game pass... I had gold before and the game was always available to me to play. Why now that I have core it is not available without game pass. I'm so confused. I only purchased a gold subscription because it was the only way the Ark survival would let me play. Sad face
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

I suspect you either had Game Pass for PC or Game Pass Ultimate, which would have given you access to the game, but you mistakenly assumed it was via Gold.

Unfortunately, your Gold subscription has been upgraded to a Game Pass Core subscription, which is aimed at consoles.

You have 2 options really: -

1. If you have a lot of time left on your Game Pass Core subscription, you can pay for 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate to convert your Core to Ultimate on a 3:2 ratio, so, for example, 12 months of Core would convert to 8 months of Ultimate. Not ideal, but it would get you back up and running and your Core sub wouldn't go to waste.

2. If you only paid for a short amount of Gold and that got converted over to Core, you could just subscribe to Game Pass for PC and let your Core sub lapse as it's not needed.

Oh yeah, if you fire up the Game Pass app on PC, you should see a "Give PC Game Pass" button, where you can gift 5 one month subs to people. You could use one of those for yourself, which would get you back up and running with Ark for 1 month without you having to spend any money. If, for some reason, it doesn't let you gift it to yourself, message me over Xbox Live and I'll gift you 1 month. EDIT - Actually, I think that might be for new subscribers only, so it may not be an option for you.
Thema:

1. Ark players who had access on gold now have to get a different membership because gold is... - Similar Threads - Ark players access

2. Can't load into ARK player dedicated server my friend has, please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't load into ARK player dedicated server my friend has, please help.: I cannot load into my friends player dedicated server. Whenever I try to join it loads the PrimalGameDate_BP and then cannot connect into the server from there. I have tried to reset my wifi,...
  3. Ark Player Dedicated Server Join Failed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Player Dedicated Server Join Failed: I have 3 Xbox consoles, Xbox One, Xbox One S V-2, and Xbox Series X. I also have a high quality gaming laptop with 16 gig graphics and 32 gigs ram with 1 Terabyte SSD. When I attempt to use my...
  4. "Can't load player connected storage" : Ark survival evolved. im on windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Can't load player connected storage" : Ark survival evolved. im on windows 11: I NEED HELP! "Can't load player connected storage" : Ark survival evolved. im on windows 11 aac87c30-4d20-4509-9ff6-5275d6715ab7
  5. : How to query an Ark Survival Evovled server for xbox and find out server/player information?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : How to query an Ark Survival Evovled server for xbox and find out server/player information?: : How to query an Ark Survival Evovled server for xbox and find out server/player information? I know it is possible just want to understand how it may differ from the steam API protocols to...
  6. Ark survival evolved player dedicated server bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark survival evolved player dedicated server bug: I have been made aware on many Facebook ark survival evolved groups that there appears to be a bug in the menu system when you accidentally chose Player dedicated ark from the drop down menu it...
  7. Ark: Dedicated Host on PC, Player on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark: Dedicated Host on PC, Player on Xbox: I have Ark running on my PC using the Play Anywhere version as a dedicated server. However, i cant log onto the game from my Xbox because my account is being used for the server. What are my...
  8. Can't load player storage : Ark survival evolved

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't load player storage : Ark survival evolved: When i launch the game and click the "Start" button, the game start loading for a while and then an error occure with the message : Can't load player storage What does that mean and what should...
  9. Ark Survival Evolved - Harassment, threats, abuse, griefing, and racism from a player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark Survival Evolved - Harassment, threats, abuse, griefing, and racism from a player: Yesterday night my brother and I were harassed, threatened, and abused in the game Ark Survival Evolved. I have written the game designer company Studio Wildcard over the matter and was pressed to...
  10. ARK Survival Evolved - Harassment, threats, abuse, griefing, and racism from a player

in XBoX on Consoles
    ARK Survival Evolved - Harassment, threats, abuse, griefing, and racism from a player: Yesterday night my brother and I were harassed, threatened, and abused in the game Ark Survival Evolved. I have written the game designer company Studio Wildcard over the matter and was pressed to...