Are you able to purchase the first month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate without subscribing?

Discus and support Are you able to purchase the first month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate without subscribing? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi, I just used some of my Microsoft rewards points to have a $1.25 giftcard added to my account, and I wanted to use that money to get one month of... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by EverydayAden, Feb 17, 2021.

1. EverydayAden
    EverydayAden Guest

Are you able to purchase the first month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate without subscribing?

Hi, I just used some of my Microsoft rewards points to have a $1.25 giftcard added to my account, and I wanted to use that money to get one month of Game Pass Ultimate, but it’s saying that I still have to choose another payment option to complete the purchase. Is it because I’m also paying $14.99 for the subscription too? Is there any way to just buy the first month without subscribing so I only have to pay with what I have on my account? Thank you.

Are you able to purchase the first month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate without subscribing? [​IMG]

:)

EverydayAden, Feb 17, 2021
  2. EverydayAden Win User

The only way to purchase without subscribing is by using a prepaid Ultimate card. Otherwise, in order to use the funds from your Microsoft account, you also have to have a credit card/Paypal on file or enough funds in your account for the next payment. You'll still only be charged the $1 initially, but you have to prove that you can make the next payment. You can turn off auto-renewal after making the purchase.
    Thank you, this helps a lot!
  3. Smwutches Win User

The only way to purchase without subscribing is by using a prepaid Ultimate card. Otherwise, in order to use the funds from your Microsoft account, you also have to have a credit card/Paypal on file or enough funds in your account for the next payment. You'll still only be charged the $1 initially, but you have to prove that you can make the next payment. You can turn off auto-renewal after making the purchase.
  4. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

XBOX GAME PASS ULTIMATE... DIVIDE & CONQUER? GEARS OF WAR 5 .. Decisive or Derisive?

It actually costs less to subscribe to Game Pass Ultimate, than to subscribe to 2 separate services(Game Pass + Xbox Live Gold).

Example:

Xbox Live Gold($69.99/yearly subscription) + Game Pass($11.99/mo.) = $213.87/yr.*

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate($16.99/mo.) = $203.88/yr.*

There is also a current promotion for Game Pass Ultimate "Get first 2 months for $2":

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate($2.00/2mo.) + ($16.99/mo.) = $171.90/yr*

*The above example is Canadian pricing.

Additionally, if you are already an active subscriber to Xbox Game Pass and/or Xbox Live Gold, your first purchase of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing memberships to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate(up to a max. of 36 months).

For example, if you have 6 months of Xbox Live Gold and 6 months of Xbox Game Pass remaining on your account when you purchase your first month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, it will also convert your existing memberships to Ultimate, making a total of 13 months
    of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. That's a pretty sweet deal right there!

Even if you don't game on PC, these savings alone should be enough incentive to purchase Game Pass Ultimate..... and you still have the added bonus of PC gaming, if you ever desire to do so in the future.

Save yourself some money, get access to Gears 5 Ultimate Edition and all its content, plus 4 day early access.

Go Ultimate, you owe it to yourself! ;)
  5. Nursemorph Win User

I can't redeem my Game Pass Ultimate code from Discord Nitro. Can someone help?

I haven't had ultimate but I had normal game pass for pc before
    That would be why you can't redeem it then...from the FAQs in the link I posted before:

"If you were previously subscribed or currently subscribed to Xbox Game Pass for PC, or an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you will not be able to redeem the two month trial for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate!"
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Upgrading from Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have a question on game pass Ultimate conversion. This will happen if you are first time subscriber to game pass ultimate. Not every time you subscribe. You can read on it in the

game pass ultimate FAQ
    . After the first sign up gold will be converted to Ultimate. I think one year of gold is 4-5 months of Ultimate.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Are you able to purchase the first month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate without subscribing? - Similar Threads - Are able purchase

2. I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass.: I can't play Minecraft Preview without purchasing Game Pass even though I own the Minecraft bedrock base game. Xbox store says "Minecraft Preview is only available to players who own Minecraft."...
  3. Why the hell am I not being able to purchase an Xbox series X game

in XBoX on Windows
    Why the hell am I not being able to purchase an Xbox series X game: I couldnt download a game called biomutant or any type of Xbox series X game and it was a mark down from cyber something or other and was 39.99 and lowered to around 15 dollars and its like a 5...
  4. I am not able to purchase ESO crowns. I checked with Bethesda/Zenimax and my account is in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am not able to purchase ESO crowns. I checked with Bethesda/Zenimax and my account is in...: I am not able to purchase crowns for ESO. I checked with Bethesda/Zenimax and my account is in good standing. Microsoft is saying there is a problem processing my payment? I have money in my and...
  5. If I purchase a digital game on Xbox one UK, will I be able to play on xbox series X ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchase a digital game on Xbox one UK, will I be able to play on xbox series X ?: If I purchase a digital game on Microsoft will I be able to play on xbox series X & Xbox one ? 2c834b64-66df-4b2c-82df-647d36b61ec7
  6. Is Batman Arkam Origin DLC no longer able to be purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Batman Arkam Origin DLC no longer able to be purchased?: I purchased the disc version of Arkham Origins recently and wanted to buy the season pass. Even when accessing the content through the in-game store, the only prompt it shows is just a cancel...
  7. My purchase for 2k24 was declined how come I was still ?able to install the game

in XBoX Accessibility
    My purchase for 2k24 was declined how come I was still ?able to install the game: How come when I purchased 2k24 it was declined yet I was still able to install the game? 179cedc7-6b37-45e7-be63-4e81a83dc797
  8. If I purchase starfield premium edition will I be able to play September 1st using game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I purchase starfield premium edition will I be able to play September 1st using game...: I'm planning on purchasing starfield, but my computer doesn't mean the minimum system requirements so I was planning on playing over cloud gaming. I'm hoping to be able to play during the week of...
  9. i purchased a digital game from microsoft and i never have been able to get the game to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i purchased a digital game from microsoft and i never have been able to get the game to...: i purchased the game Destroy all Humans- Reprobed and i have never been able to play or launch the game. My xbox series x acts like it is going to launch it and then it goes right back to the home...
  10. why am i not able to play digitally purchased games bought from my old xbox to my new

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why am i not able to play digitally purchased games bought from my old xbox to my new: i have previously purchased tom clancys rainbow six seige on my old gen xbox but after buying a new gen xbox and trying to play it, it is saying that i dont own this game. this has also happened...