Are there systems in place to prevent misuse of the report tool?

Discus and support Are there systems in place to prevent misuse of the report tool? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Last night after a lost match on sea of thieves, wherein the host of our party chat was very offensive, I messaged another team mate hoping to spark up... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Farqsquad, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Farqsquad
    Farqsquad Guest

Last night after a lost match on sea of thieves, wherein the host of our party chat was very offensive, I messaged another team mate hoping to spark up a conversation about why the host was acting that way.

With no lead up, the team mate I sent a message to reported my message resulting in a four day suspension.

My question is, if he wanted to continue to report me after the fact regardless of precedent, is there anything to keep him from doing so?

TL;DR- is there a system in place to prevent misuse of the report function.

:)

Farqsquad, Nov 27, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Submitting too many false reports can result in a suspension for that player.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Misuse of Reporting System

Blocking another player prevents you from receiving that player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the player from seeing your online activity and removes them from your friends
    list, if they were on it.

All complaints are investigated by the enforcement team. So if someone else is filing false complaints on you and getting their friends to do so as well, they can see that. If those people are found to
    be filing a lot of false complaints, they can be suspended based on that. If they file a complaint on you, it can trigger the enforcement team to investigate your account and they could see any conversations you have with friends. Even though they are friends,
    profanity is a violation of the code of conduct and you can still be punished.
  4. Zero Jehuty Win User

Misuse of Reporting System

Fake reports do nothing to you at all. Blocking them prevents them from messaging you, they can report you to their hands fall off and it will do nothing to your reputation/ban. People who abuse the report system however can get them selves in trouble.

However if you are using nasty words in a message and someone reports that message you will be punished for any rules you break. I highly suggest you keep all text coms clean.
  5. {Parity} Win User

I cannot set my friend's gamertag anymore as My Home Xbox for gamesharing purposes .

It is doubtful that you will get it reset. It is in place to prevent the misuse of the system which is exactly what it appears that you are attempting to do. As stated in the previous post by Maxen13 the sharing functionality was designed specifically
    for use within a single household with multiple consoles.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Misuse of the System of Reports on Xbox One

one there is no public posts on the enforcement site

2nd if you had read the actual enforcement site it would dispel all the misinformation you are getting users

3rd all fake reports are checked and reviewed by more then one person and are issued valid or invalid if invalid it scores as a bad report and their accuracy score drops

Them before any suspension takes place it is sent to another team to review

If you had read the actual enforcement site you would know thisthis

Bans and suspension aren't instant it could be a month ago or a week ago

It takes time to review and nothing is instant

Instead of relying on misinformed players educate yourself on the system

Rep is not a enforcement issue nor will any pet member address those

Half the time it's really is the misinformed players fault

Retaliating or they want to shout I'm going to sue ms for false report
Thema:

1. Are there systems in place to prevent misuse of the report tool? - Similar Threads - Are systems place

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. Warranty incorrectly expired on the system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Warranty incorrectly expired on the system: Hello. Appreciate if someone can advise me. i am from South Africa. I purchased an xbix controller on the 30 April 2023 with a 1 year warranty. It was suppose to be expiring in the 30 April...
  4. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  5. What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do I do when my controller turns on and stays on but the system is is completely...: This is the first time this has happened to me so I searched up a solution online and every thing I saw involved being able to go into the settings app and the power off/restart menu which I...
  6. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  7. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  8. System error E102 on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    System error E102 on Xbox One S: I turn on my xbox and saw System error E102 it tried to update but didn't fully do it and now I can't get it of my troubleshooting page. I have tried restarting UT, resetting it, and tried to...
  9. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  10. GUILD RECRUITING WITH REAL RANKING SYSTEM IN PLACE AND PVP DAYS.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GUILD RECRUITING WITH REAL RANKING SYSTEM IN PLACE AND PVP DAYS.: We are in the North American server and we are looking for serious people. We are active, knowledgeable, and helpful. We have specific days in place dedicated to PvP. With promotions through our...