Are there any HDMI Splitters compatible with Xbox one

Discus and support Are there any HDMI Splitters compatible with Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Don't wanna have to leave the xbox on if I'm just watching TV. So was hoping someone knew if there were any good HDMI splitters that could solve this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by yesac73, Jan 2, 2014.

1. yesac73
    yesac73 Guest

Don't wanna have to leave the xbox on if I'm just watching TV. So was hoping someone knew if there were any good HDMI splitters that could solve this issue for me. Thanks

:)

yesac73, Jan 2, 2014
  2. AT&T U-Verse HDCP authentication failure

Any HDMI splitters, hubs, or conversion cables?

Iautorenewedu, Jan 2, 2014
  3. ANDY319
    ANDY319 Guest
    Cables and Extensions

Hi,

does anyone know if there are any HDMI Splitters that work for both Xbox One and PS4 ????

The reason I'm asking is because my TV only has 1 HDMI port and I recently bought a HDMI Splitter for £15 but it did not work at all!!!

Also what's the best External Hard Drive that you think I should get for the Xbox One ???

If you haven't guessed it already I suck with this kind of knowledge on this tech stuff haha!!

Thank you to all who reply!!!

ANDY319, Jan 2, 2014
  4. jmcode
    jmcode Guest

Yes, I use the Monoprice 8204. Cable box to HDMI input on 8204 then one output to Xbox One and the other to my AVR (then to TV, or if you don't have an AVR, directly to TV). Works great and gives me the option of watching TV with or without the Xbox One.

www.monoprice.com/Product

jmcode, Jan 2, 2014
  5. jmcode Win User

Yes, I use the Monoprice 8204. Cable box to HDMI input on 8204 then one output to Xbox One and the other to my AVR (then to TV, or if you don't have an AVR, directly to TV). Works great and gives me the option of watching TV with or without the Xbox One.

www.monoprice.com/Product
  6. Hordie Win User

XBox One dual output for cinema projection- HDMI video, AV audio

Hi Enfynet,

The Xbox One only has 1 HDMI out. The only way to use a dual out would be to have an HDMI splitter of some sort. Using a splitter you'd be able to supply video to each of your devices. If your device doesn't use HDMI, I would recommend getting with the
    manufacturer of your video device, and seeing if there was a compatible HDMI to (other video type).
  7. WonDown Win User

Question about hdmi splitter and connecting through the cable box

You are actually using a HDMI switch, which is different from a splitter. You need a 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter. You will connect the HDMI from you cable/sat box to the splitter, then 1 HDMI from the splitter directly to your TV to watch like normal. Then
    the other HDMI from the splitter to your Xbox one HDMI input, and another HDMI from Xbox one output to the TV. Check out the video like I posted for more info.

Watch "Xbox One Cable Box HDMI Splitter" on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH1G3-yw-g&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  8. LoSeg Win User

XBOX One X - HDMI Splitter into Input

I was using a 4x splitter with the "out" HDMI to a 5040UB Epson Projector. I plugged the xbox into one of the 4 input hdmi spots on the splitter. My laptop was put into another and a TV Box into another. It did not work. The screen frequently blanked
    out and during any video activity from any of the input devices did the same. I changed all the HDMI cables to the best 4x I could buy and this still didn't help.

However, when I connected the splitter to the Xbox one x (one of two HDMI connections) and the Xbox one directly to the projector everything worked perfectly. I could switch between any of the inputs to the splitter. Of course when I wanted to use the
    xbox one x for all the xbox stuff I simply went to the xbox home screen and away things worked with no issues.
  9. Warlok9 Win User

Question about hdmi splitter and connecting through the cable box

[quote user="WonDown"]
    You are actually using a HDMI switch, which is different from a splitter. You need a 1 in 2 out HDMI splitter. You will connect the HDMI from you cable/sat box to the splitter, then 1 HDMI from the splitter directly to your TV to watch like normal. Then
    the other HDMI from the splitter to your Xbox one HDMI input, and another HDMI from Xbox one output to the TV. Check out the video like I posted for more info.

Watch "Xbox One Cable Box HDMI Splitter" on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH1G3-yw-g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[/quote] Thanks for that video. J was going to do this, but was reading that Xfinity/Comcast boxes detect splitters as copying devices and the box locks out. Can you confirm your cable provider and cable box model? Also, how was your xb1 shutting off when you
    switched inputs?
Thema:

1. Are there any HDMI Splitters compatible with Xbox one - Similar Threads - Are HDMI Splitters

2. Is There an HDMI Splitter That Won't Diminish Video Quality of Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is There an HDMI Splitter That Won't Diminish Video Quality of Xbox?: I have a new OLED 4K TV with a new Denon 4K receiver. Suffice it to say, the video displayed from the Xbox looks fantastic when it's connected directly to the TV. I mean B-E-A-utiful. Now I'm...
  3. HDMI splitter at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI splitter at 120hz: I need to buy a HDMI splitter @ 120hz for my Xbox Series X. So I can duplicate the picture on my TV and monitor at the same time. I searched for many on Amazon. Which is best for Xbox series X...
  4. Trouble with Xbox, PC, HDMI Splitter and Capture Card - Help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with Xbox, PC, HDMI Splitter and Capture Card - Help!: Hi, I am trying to help my son with his streaming set up, but I have hit a roadblock. I did a little research and bought an HDMI splitter and a capture card. I have the splitter plugged into...
  5. Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter

in XboX Insiders
    Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter: I have this problem, I have an xbox x series and an HDMI 2.0 monitor that gives me 1080P 120HZ with Freesync activated. I bought an HDMI 2.O Splitter to have zero latency by doubling the signal to...
  6. Hdmi to optical splitter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hdmi to optical splitter: i used the optical output to my av reciever and hdmi straight to my tv for my xbox one x my reciever was not hdmi 2.0 ready. Do you know of a good 4k 60 hz splitter (my tv is not 120 hz capable)...
  7. Problem Xbox and Splitter HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem Xbox and Splitter HDMI: Hi, I have this configuration: Xbox one X Monitor 4K with HDR 10 Splitter HDMI that support 4K and HDR10 HDMI Capture Card (connected with Usb at my Pc) The problem is if i want to use...
  8. Xbox One X USB's fail to power HDMI splitter when first turning on the console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X USB's fail to power HDMI splitter when first turning on the console.: I bought this 4k 60hz capable HDMI splitter in order to allow my Xbox One X to effectively have two HDMI out ports. One goes to my 1440p monitor and the other goes to my 1080p TV. The splitter...
  9. Can I use an HDMI Splitter, 1 in 2 out, with my Xbox One X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I use an HDMI Splitter, 1 in 2 out, with my Xbox One X?: I used an HDMI Splitter with my Xbox One X for about 1 month and then my Xbox would not turn on anymore. I had to get a replacement Xbox One X. I bought a different brand of Splitter and am...
  10. XBOX One X - HDMI Splitter into Input

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One X - HDMI Splitter into Input: So i purchased an HDMI switch and plugged it into the input of the XB One X, and it says no video found. Trying to have a Apple TV, Verizon FIOS, Steam Box, and PS3 all use the XBOX input and...