Are patches still made to fix bugs on backwards compatible games?

Discus and support Are patches still made to fix bugs on backwards compatible games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there! So, first of all, backwards compatibility was a feature that really made me want to buy an Xbox One back in 2018-19, and I love every bit of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BiliousShelf846, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Are patches still made to fix bugs on backwards compatible games?

Hey there! So, first of all, backwards compatibility was a feature that really made me want to buy an Xbox One back in 2018-19, and I love every bit of it!

Having said that, of course since it is all made through emulation, bugs may arise and I wanted to report some of them asking if they could be fixed in the future with a patch.

The first one happens on Manhunt, when it was made backwards compatible on November 2021 I could see some visual artifacts on the floor whenever a VHS filter cutscene shows up

https://youtu.be/2nWGlY8sllw

You can notice some black flickering when the horizontal line on the VHS filter goes below the screen

The second one occurs on Assassin's Creed 1, there are some texture flickering that I could only see on the bacwards compatible version like shown on the scene below:

https://youtu.be/mbeIqXPINZg

And the third one altough not so relevant happens on Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, look on the change of tone in the map boundaries:

https://youtu.be/D56VL0ZY8O0

And well, these were my observations and I hope this could reach to the engineers at Microsoft so it may be fixed.

:)

BiliousShelf846, Nov 9, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today BILIOUSSHELF846

I don’t like to give bad news but nope, the backwards compatibility program has ended.
    This means that no new releases or bug patches are going to be released
    Sorry :c
  3. IRB Win User

Fable 2 is still busted after the update on 7/6/18

Hi

Any updates that are posted to the game will be for backwards compatibility issues.

Any in-game bugs won't be patched now as the game it quite old, and the studio that made the game no longer exists sadly.
  4. Legendary ZA Win User

question about why xbox 360 games keep updating on xbox one

Hi!

To resolve any issues with the game being backward compatible - game stability / bug fixes.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Sudden updates for backwards compatibility games for no reason

If there is updates available for those games, then I would assume it's bug fixes for the backwards compatibility.
  6. badGame-CE203597-2E4 Win User

Manually Download Patches?

When they stop providing support that will include downloading updates/patches/dlc that is not compatible with their next console. Look what happened with the old Xbox. Only a handful of games were made backwards compatible with the 360.
Thema:

1. Are patches still made to fix bugs on backwards compatible games? - Similar Threads - Are patches still

2. Can you guys patch the false low battery indicator

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you guys patch the false low battery indicator: Hi! I have been experiencing the FLBI (False Low Battery Indicator) despite my computer being about 50 some-odd percent. Is there something wrong with my computer, it is a Windows 10 and can you...
  3. Patch number 1.35.21.0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Patch number 1.35.21.0: I have a more or less high end pc. Four times now, I have installed 1.35.21.0 all the way to 100. Everytime it’s gotten there, it freezes. Over 24 hours I’ve waited and nothing. I began following...
  4. Why is Remnant II downloading twice? Is this just how games are patched now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Remnant II downloading twice? Is this just how games are patched now?: [img] This is ridiculous if this is the case. d3e245f6-f2df-4c17-ad5a-6016a56b7fb6
  5. Quick Resume Patch - still not consistently working?

in XboX Insiders
    Quick Resume Patch - still not consistently working?: Does anyone have Quick Resume consistently working after the latest update that claims to fix this? Doesn’t seem to be for me, so I’m curious what others are experiencing... submitted by...
  6. Still having issues even after 1.06 Update patch? I am...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Still having issues even after 1.06 Update patch? I am...: Hello y'all, I just updated ME:A this morning and loaded it up. I still can NOT craft the Nomad Shield Generator and I'm still hearing SAM tell me I have new emails when in fact I do NOT. These...
  7. Destiny 2.0 patch... STILL DOWNLOADING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Destiny 2.0 patch... STILL DOWNLOADING: Hey, so at the time of posting this, I have been downloading the Destiny 2.0 patch for approximately 29 hours straight now. And wouldn't you know that I have successfully downloaded a whopping 3%...
  8. Crew patch bug on leather jacket still exists

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crew patch bug on leather jacket still exists: XboxClips - I'm ranked 129 and cant put crew patch on leather jackets only shirts and vehicles. This same bug I had as well on 360 version. Sent a few tweets to Rock Star and still no replies...
  9. Patch 3 for NBA 2K15 Still M.I.A. !!!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Patch 3 for NBA 2K15 Still M.I.A. !!!!!!: Today NBA Live 15 released it's 2nd Patch!!! NBA 2k15's 3rd Patch has been out every since 12/8/14 with the promise of xb1 users receiving the Patch later that week! Well now it's 12/21/14 and...
  10. Does the newer XB1 consoles have the DRM patch pre-installed, or does it still need to be ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the newer XB1 consoles have the DRM patch pre-installed, or does it still need to be ...: I think the topic title says it all. I ask this because there are more than a few new customers I'm currently speaking or reading comments from all around the internet who really want to buy an...