Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?

Discus and support Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I got an external fan for my console but after doing research (unfortunately after I found it) most people said this can damage my console. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GonnaSnipeYa35, May 23, 2024.

1. Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X?

So I got an external fan for my console but after doing research (unfortunately after I found it) most people said this can damage my console. I figured I would ask people with a bit more knowledge on this topic. Is this safe to put on my console? I’m trying to cat-proof my console as my cat likes to climb on it.
    Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X? [​IMG]

:)

GonnaSnipeYa35, May 23, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

No worries! It's always a pleasure to help.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

External fans can actually compromise the cooling by changing the internal static pressure

I'm afraid there is no obstacle that a cat cannot penetrate. It's heavy enough that it will be hard for them to clear the decks if that's what you're worried about
  4. GonnaSnipeYa35 Win User

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any suggestions on how to cat-proof it though?
  5. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there GonnaSnipeYa35, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

I recommend leaving the console as it is, in its native form, and not using any external fans. The console's design is intended to provide good ventilation without the need for external fans. Adding external fans can compromise the console's design and alter the airflow that the Xbox engineers had planned.

Please keep in mind that in this public forum, we are just fellow players like you, trying to help other players with our best intentions.

I appreciate your understanding and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Hello again,

Personally, I don't have cats, so I've never experienced anything similar. I know it can be difficult to keep a cat from climbing on top of the console, but I recommend placing it in a position that's hard for them to reach or laying it horizontally. This way, if they do climb on top, they won't block the top ventilation grille.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

1. Are external fans good for my Xbox Series X? - Similar Threads - Are external fans

2. My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My external storage device says it’s full but it’s empty. How do I fix this?: My Seagate Xbox External Storage device says that it is full while’s it’s not. I tried restarting the Xbox, power cycles, resetting the Xbox, and other usb ports but it still says it’s full how do...
  3. Xbox series X Capture to External Drive Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X Capture to External Drive Issues: The April update introduced an issue that causes captures to an external drive to stop working. I have to set captures to internal and restart the Xbox. Occasionally, that doesn't work and I also...
  4. Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you play games off an external HDD on Series X?: When I first got my XSX I tried playing games off my external seagate 2tb and after a period of time it would give me error (0x87e1001f), I just got a 5tb WD Black and my friend said he plays his...
  5. How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i delete my xbox games on a external drive that has been corrupted?: My external drive on my series s will show that the games i try to uninstall are gone, but the storage taken is still the same as when the game was installed. 29027c81-2fe6-4c75-940f-8ffa841133ef
  6. External Hard drives?

in XBoX on Windows
    External Hard drives?: yeah i have a 500gb 3.0 usb external and wondering can i play games from my external if they are not optimized for series x/s? i have an xbox series s if that help?...
  7. Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to make a xbox partition of an external drive: I have a 2TB external drive that I use on my xbox. I want to have roughly 500GB of it partitioned so that I can use it on my Windows PC(NTFS) and the rest partitioned so I can use it on my xbox...
  8. I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got a 5tb external hard drive and it is only showing 456.7GB of available storage?: It was purchased from Walmart and everything looks to be original. Had the correct seal and says 5tb on it. 49ee7566-fc65-42c2-aef9-ed50d09771ff
  9. Saving to external HD no longer works

in XBoX on Consoles
    Saving to external HD no longer works: As of a few weeks ago, saving to an external HD no longer works reliably. I can save one or two game sessions (COD) but then it no longer records. It says “recording started” then stops. I...
  10. Does an external cooling fan void the warranty?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does an external cooling fan void the warranty?: There's a lot of speculation that an external cooling fan voids the Xbox warranty but yet the fan is external and changes nothing about the Xbox itself. Someone please explain. Also instead of...