Are digital Windows gifts refundable under the right conditions or exchangable?

Discus and support Are digital Windows gifts refundable under the right conditions or exchangable? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently gifted what I thought was Minecraft Java Edition to a friend so that we could both join a realm. However, the Minecraft for Windows 10... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by embl, Nov 5, 2021.

  1. embl
    embl Guest

    Are digital Windows gifts refundable under the right conditions or exchangable?


    I recently gifted what I thought was Minecraft Java Edition to a friend so that we could both join a realm. However, the Minecraft for Windows 10 edition was bedrock, and realms between the two aren't cross platform. Is there a way I can get a refund so I can gift the correct version or exchange it for Java?

    :)
     
    embl, Nov 5, 2021
    #1
  2. MateusFontana Win User

    Are digital Windows gifts refundable under the right conditions or exchangable?

    Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

    First, welcome to the Xbox community.

    We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community. As a shipper, you can return the item for a refund. The recipient cannot return or exchange the gift code.

    Important: You must request a refund for a non-refundable code within 14 days of purchase. If the code has been redeemed, we will not be able to process a refund, even if it is less than 14 days old.

    *You can check this information at the link below.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/subscriptio...

    *Thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  3. [ A J ] Win User

    I gifted a dlc for the wrong platform on accident.

    Hi, UpdateSonix! thank you for reaching out.
    My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

    The only way to exchange your purchase would be to submit a refund for it and then purchase the correct version of this DLC. Unfortunately, a digital gift can't be refunded once the recipient has redeemed its code. This is mentioned in the Microsoft Gift Terms and Conditions (digital goods):

    "4- Returns and Refunds. Gifts may be canceled and refunded to the Gift purchaser up to 14 days after the purchase or until redeemed by the Gift recipient, whichever occurs first".

    Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/giftterms
    ___________________

    I hope this helps!
    Please let me know if you have any other questions.
  4. ngocphi Win User

    Why can't you refund gifts?

    No as they are one-time.use

    As per the terms of the gift once redeemed it can't be refunded

    Gifts can only be refund if it hasn't been redeemed

    If any of those conditions are met.you cannot refund it

    The refund policy otherwise only apply for Purchased games not gifted games under 14 days or 2hours of gameplay

    Gift games.conditions are unused or Same region as the gifter that's it

    This is the same with any giftcard
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

    Bought a digital gift game for a friend, but they already have it.....what now?

    That is not how the gift system works. If the recipient already has the game or doesn’t want it
    the recipient can give the code to someone else to redeem. Or, they can ask you to
    return the item for a refund. The recipient can’t return or exchange the gift code.

    Quick warning: You must request a refund for an unredeemed code within 14 days of making the purchase. If the code has been redeemed, we’re unable to process a refund, even if it’s within 14 days of purchase. For more info, see
    Microsoft Gift Terms and Conditions (digital goods).
  6. Daft Badger Win User

    Digital Game Refund?

    Incorrect,you can get refunds on digital purchases under certain conditions.

    Not liking a game a couple of months after release is not one of them though.
Thema:

Are digital Windows gifts refundable under the right conditions or exchangable?

Loading...
  1. Are digital Windows gifts refundable under the right conditions or exchangable? - Similar Threads - Are digital Windows

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....