Are digital games region locked?

Discus and support Are digital games region locked? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm in the UK, if I use a digital code for Forza 5 from the US will it work? I believe the disc will work but I can't find anything about a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Big Rossatron, Mar 22, 2014.

  1. Are digital games region locked?


    Hi,

    I'm in the UK, if I use a digital code for Forza 5 from the US will it work? I believe the disc will work but I can't find anything about a digital copy.

    Ross

    :)
     
    Big Rossatron, Mar 22, 2014
    #1
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    If I Buy Something Off The American Xbox Website, Is It Possible To Download It Even If It's Unavailable In The UK?

    Most digital games are region locked now as buying a game from a region that isn't your region is against the terms & conditions.
     
    Daft Badger, Mar 22, 2014
    #2
  3. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Supposedly Region Free?

    Thats strange. The xbox one is region free and so are xbox one games. Even digital codes are region free. Are you sure you didnt buy a 360 game ?
     
    x24hrs2livex, Mar 22, 2014
    #3
  4. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest

    Are digital games region locked?

    The digital code from the US will work on a UK Xbox One. I received a Fifa code from a friend in the UK and it works perfectly fine on my US console
     
    x24hrs2livex, Mar 22, 2014
    #4
  5. Smwutches Win User

    Xbox 360 digital content

    Digital 360 games had region locks as well.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

    Gifted a game overseas, no game, money stolen

    Digital games are region locked as prices vary from country/region due to taxation laws.
  7. Smwutches Win User

    Xbox original Black 2006

    Region locking is not only for discs. Publishers could region lock games if there were issues releasing certain content in specific regions. Which is why some games were released digitally in all regions while others were not.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

    If I Buy Something Off The American Xbox Website, Is It Possible To Download It Even If It's Unavailable In The UK?

    Most digital games are region locked now as buying a game from a region that isn't your region is against the terms & conditions.
  9. ChiefJoboo Win User

    XBOX live gold free games - not available in Slovakia for 6 weeks in a row, always replaced by The Maw

    Digital games are region locked and some may not be available for Slovakia. There's not much to do if the games with gold are not supported for your region.
Thema:

Are digital games region locked?

Loading...
  1. Are digital games region locked? - Similar Threads - Are digital games

  2. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  3. The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games

    in XboX Insiders
    The Disc to Digital Results for my 258 combined XB1/XBSX Physical games: So I like most of you other Insiders, I decided to check every Xbox One and Xbox Series X game I own to see which ones qualify for Disc to Digital. And between both consoles, I have 258 physical...
  4. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  5. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  6. Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc‑to‑Digital game reviews are being flagged as “Off Topic” and removed — possible...: In the Insider App, I only have access to Delta and Omega features, no beta or others versions on my Series X console, now I know my reviews are not always good, but I never wrote anything under...
  7. Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it...: Disk 2 Digital games crash upon opening? and were working perfectly fine yesterday?, is it a problem with the new update? ill try restarting my console then give an update submitted by...
  8. Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?

    in XboX Insiders
    Do they games have to be installed before digital license option is available?: I have only had the digital license notification pop up on discs that were already installed. On games others have confirmed that work it only triggers an install and doesn't pop up the digital...
  9. Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does unlisted games work for disc to digital?: I’ve tried using disc to digital on old games that are now delisted on the Xbox store does that mean I can’t get a digital license for games that are delisted forever or is that just because they...
  10. Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List

    in XboX Insiders
    Official Disc-to-Digital Compatible Games List: Does anyone know if there is an official disc-to-digital list with all compatible games? Can't seem to find one. XBOX should have a webpage that displays all compatible games, as well as...