Apps / games aren’t being updated automatically.

Discus and support Apps / games aren’t being updated automatically. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’ve recently LEFT the insider program and I’ve noticed that none of my apps / games are being updated even tho I am on the latest public version. Any... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/SynergyRamoz, May 18, 2021.

  1. Apps / games aren’t being updated automatically.


    I’ve recently LEFT the insider program and I’ve noticed that none of my apps / games are being updated even tho I am on the latest public version. Any idea ? It’s really frustrating when I start a game that I haven’t played for a while only to be hit with 10+ GB update.

    submitted by /u/SynergyRamoz
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/SynergyRamoz, May 18, 2021
    #1
  2. PrimaryLaker24 Win User

    Xbox One X party chat disconnected

    Hi Amber,

    I think you’re right about it being the xbox insider update that caused it. My friends aren’t insiders and they didn’t get an update. Their party chat is working just fine. I will report this on the insider hub app and update once I hear back.

    Thank You
  3. coco meat train Win User

    When you say no to a download and several hours later when you turn your console of it starts!

    Chief JoBoo answered this all very well.

    I’ve noticed consistently that when I start my console first thing in the morning from instant on (also keep my games and apps up to date) that Ill always have several in the “update” section. So I’ve been hit with the bug that games aren’t updating when
    set to (the exact opposite of your issue). Every time I will then see these same games and apps the next day in the queue section as being finished updating so they DO update overnight a day later by themselves.
  4. muhammedyousery Win User

    Xbox game pass for PC automatic update

    Thanks for the response, I checked the article and there is no mention for the automatic updated for games in the bete app. I will post in the feedback app as you suggested. I hope the option to disable automatic updates released soon.
  5. Mister Cazador Win User

    Recently installed

    Hi there DBD Electric, thanks for reaching out.

    Some games and apps may not update automatically even if you have the setting enabled. Additionally, if multiple game or app updates automatically update say overnight, you may not see them all populated in the queue.

    However, for YouTube, if you go to your My Games & Apps and launch the app from there, do you experience any trouble launching the app following the update?
  6. PrimitiveMeat Win User

    No more automatic game and app updates?

    Let me add that mine has not auto updated apps or games from day one of ownership... All settings as they should be.
Thema:

Apps / games aren’t being updated automatically.

Loading...
  1. Apps / games aren’t being updated automatically. - Similar Threads - Apps games aren’t

  2. Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game updates not showing in Games & Apps > Updates: Hey, I’ve been having an issue on Xbox where game updates no longer show up under Games & Apps > Updates. The weird thing is that when I launch a game that has an update available, I can see that...
  3. Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section

    in XboX Insiders
    Unwanted games appearing in Games & Apps section: How can I permanently hide games from my games and apps that I don’t have installed? Since the last update, I have several games appearing in that list but they aren’t installed and I don’t wish...
  4. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  5. My games and apps showing more things then I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My games and apps showing more things then I do: Is this a bug ? Or is this a setting somewhere I can’t remove them and I only have 4 of these installed and when I go to uninstall it doesn’t work But shows I have like 10 games on that list...
  6. Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can we get an option to select expansion slot when installing games from XBOX app and not...: We should have the option to select storage options from the app. Choose between internal and expansion slot. submitted by /u/JRest71 [link] [comments]
  7. September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1000.53.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 22,...
  8. XBOX PC app won't close games properly

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX PC app won't close games properly: I know I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw it on some games subreddit, even for not insiders, but to me it's on all of my Xbox Games on PC. When I close them via the in-game menu,...
  9. September 14, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.16.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    September 14, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2609.1001.16.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 14,...
  10. Why aren’t games and apps, including Xbox services, not working?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why aren’t games and apps, including Xbox services, not working?: I’ve been having issues connecting to multiple Xbox services on my Xbox, including the Xbox support app. For some reason this is also happening to my games and apps in a general sense. When trying...