applied xbox gold live card to my account instead of my kid's account. how do i fix?

Discus and support applied xbox gold live card to my account instead of my kid's account. how do i fix? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; applied xbox gold live card to my account instead of my kid's, how do i fix? 830acb8c-7012-4368-9c20-03678d04de58 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Irma623, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Irma623
    Irma623 Guest

applied xbox gold live card to my account instead of my kid's account. how do i fix?

applied xbox gold live card to my account instead of my kid's, how do i fix?

:)

Irma623, Sep 8, 2022
  2. [ A J ] Win User

Hi, Irma623! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Unfortunately, transferring the ownership of your active Xbox Live Gold subscription from one account to another is not possible, but you could try sharing it instead.

To do so:

• Sign in to your account on your kid's console.

• Then go to Settings > General > Personalization > My Home Xbox > Make this my Home Xbox.

• Once you do this, all the accounts on your kid's console will be able to access your account's purchased games, subscriptions, and other content from the Microsoft Store.

You can find additional information regarding the Home Xbox feature at:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

//

Considering you will be adding your account to a shared Xbox console, I'd also suggest creating a passkey to prevent unauthorized purchases:

• Sign in to your account

• Go to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey > Create my passkey.

• Enter a 6-digit passkey, and then re-enter the passkey to confirm.

• Then go Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey > Change my sign-in & security preferences.

• Select "Ask for my passkey".

For more information on Passkey management, see:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/family-onli...

I hope this helps! please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
  3. Pedro G. Dias Win User

XBox Game Pass Ultimate and Family

Thanks. This partially answers my questions. Do i sign in with my kids live accounts to let them sign in? And will the Microsoft family restrictions also apply on the xbox?
  4. Lancel0tDuLac Win User

Multiple Xboxes

Yes that would be correct Lancel0t, that would be the method to take if you don't want to be signed in at all and have games on both consoles.
    That is what I thought, thank you for confirming.

My follow-up question to that has to deal with Xbox Live Gold. I have a subscription to Xbox Live Gold with my account. Obviously, in order to take advantage of the Games with Gold feature on both Xboxes, I would have to get an Xbox Live Gold subscription
    with the second account as well. But I'm curious if the second Gold account for Console B would allow the kids to play the games I've already downloaded with my current account on Console B or if it would only apply to new games going forward? Basically,
    would having a second Gold account give my kids access to Games with Gold games downloaded from my original account or would I still have to sign in on console B for the 40+ games that I have already downloaded with my Games with Gold?
  5. kelly1KT Win User

xbox set up? ea account? multiplayer online?

Ok. This is I think is part of my problem. I have set up the xbox with an Microsoft account that I don't use and an email that I don't use? My kids profiles are under this Microsoft account. Then I have a Microsoft account that I do use and is this for
    real?? that is how I purchased the xbox one s live gold membership?...
  6. AIexandar Win User

redeem code problem

Did you redeem the code on the Xbox 360 console? If you did, I would suggest redeeming the code on your computer.

You can redeem all types of prepaid codes, including Xbox gift cards, Xbox Live gold cards, and Xbox Music Pass cards, on a computer and have them applied to your account immediately. Here’s how:

1. Go to www.xbox.com

2. Sign in

3. Go to the "Xbox Live Gold" tab and click "Redeem Code"

That's it! Your Gold membership will be applied instantly.

Hope this helps.

-A
Thema:

1. applied xbox gold live card to my account instead of my kid's account. how do i fix? - Similar Threads - applied gold live

2. Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network keeps disconnecting while playing, hardware after updates applied problem problem: Hardware problems and network keeps disconnecting while gaming, happens after updates applied a1f9530a-3de3-43a5-9e9d-ac9a410f5d3d
  3. I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cant apply to or make any looking for group posts ive tried checking my wifi updating my...: Ive tried everything i can think of even looking at other posts on here and i dont know. This has been going on for a couple months now so i dont think it has anything to do with moderation....
  4. Do issues from Insider release notes apply to the stable build as well?

in XboX Insiders
    Do issues from Insider release notes apply to the stable build as well?: From the latest build release notes: We are investigating reports of an issue where the console may not connect to their network as expected on boot. If you experience this, be sure to report...
  5. Applying Roblox gift card to screen name we are unable to reset password on to get into

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Applying Roblox gift card to screen name we are unable to reset password on to get into: I got my son a Roblox gift card. He has a username for Roblox but did not attach an email address or phone number to this username. I am unable to log into his Roblox account to add the gift card...
  6. Everytime I check my Id@xbox game to submit it reads "ready to apply"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Everytime I check my Id@xbox game to submit it reads "ready to apply": Submitting first finished game to id@xbox. The application is filled out 100%, my accound is signed into corectly and all prerequisites to apply filled out and confirmed in account. I go to press...
  7. i have age of empire3 dlc but not applied in pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have age of empire3 dlc but not applied in pc: i have dlc but in game, It says I don't own the dlc When I installed the game and purchased each DLC a year ago, it worked fine, but now that I reinstall it, it doesn't work. so i try, go app...
  8. Can minecoin gift cards be redeemed to your Microsoft account and applied to a PS4/5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can minecoin gift cards be redeemed to your Microsoft account and applied to a PS4/5 game?: My sone received 3500 minecoins on a gift card fir his birthday. Minecraft is on our PS5 and I cannot link the accounts to download the purchase to use in the game. Any advice?...
  9. I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt

in XBoX Accessibility
    I paid for a gamertag change and in some areas it applied but in others it hasnt: On October 2nd I paid for the gamertag change. In some areas like the microsoft store the name was changed however in the xbox store and site where you request a name change it has not been...
  10. When are the progression,save,applying bugs going to be fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When are the progression,save,applying bugs going to be fix: Cannot progress,save,or apply things in forza motorsports ,black screen when trying to play multiplayer 8a547a46-50fc-436d-b22d-c2931fd642b1