Appearing offline, still updates recently played?

Discus and support Appearing offline, still updates recently played? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I have a lot of friends who “aren’t on xbox” but are actually just appearing offline. I was wondering if the appearing offline setting also stops... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ib_dark17, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Ib_dark17
    Ib_dark17 Guest

So I have a lot of friends who “aren’t on xbox” but are actually just appearing offline. I was wondering if the appearing offline setting also stops the recently played tab updating. E.g. being able to see if they are actually offline or not. If there are any other ways of seeing if they are just appearing offline using the Xbox app or Xbox in general I’d love to know, thanks.

:)

Ib_dark17, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

It is not possible to know about this, Dark.

The "appear offline" mode is exactly for the user who doesn't want to be disturbed, so there's no way around it and check if the user was playing.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. ALEA J4CTA EST Win User

Friends Status

Does your friend appear offline? The appear offline feature will still increase in day count if they play while appearing offline. If he is not appearing offline, sometimes (very seldom) will the friends list show people with a wrong status, but when
    it does it usually updates within a few hours when this issue occurs.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

delete recent players history

Hi Lukitas,

Unfortunately there is no way to get rid of recent players or hide when you last played. If you keep your account to appear "Offline" then to others it will just show you as "Offline" and not list a time or what you last played. Users that have not been
    online in a long time will display "Offline" where the status reads and selecting to appear "Offline" should recreate the same thing.

If you would like to present this as an idea to consider for future updates, you can do so at

https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/
  5. NENGaming Win User

Xbox one activity feed not updating

Check that you're not appearing offline. Your activity feed will not update if you chose to appear offline. It will update again when you chose to appear online.
  6. XXRPGGAMEMANXX Win User

Xbox stalker

Along with filing a complaint and avoiding the player I would also suggesting appearing offline and seeing if he still gets matched with you. If that player gets matched with you then he is just luckily getting put in a lobby with you most likely based on
    connection. If he stops appearing in your matches then he was joining you by your gamertag on his recent played list. There are some crazy people out there that just like messing with people. Appearing offline can really help if someone is following you across
    games. And if you're not sure how to appear offline you hit the Guide button go over right twice to the Settings blade and select Preferences then Online Status and select Appear offline.
Thema:

1. Appearing offline, still updates recently played? - Similar Threads - Appearing offline still

2. Game froze now when I load any game that same frozen image appears.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game froze now when I load any game that same frozen image appears.: Any help from anyone would be appreciate! Im at a loss. Ive done everything I was playing Ark survival ascended like i do daily and it froze mid game about 2 hours. I did all the power cycling and...
  3. Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.: I was thinking that it would be nice if they would add a feature that would allow you to appear offline with the option of showing certain friends that you are online instead of showing offline to...
  4. Why am I appearing offline?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I appearing offline?: My gf and I are both showing "offline" to each other, I'm on PC and she's on console, we're not appearing offline either and we reset both our systems and logged out and back in. We're also trying...
  5. All my friends on xbox and minecraft are appearing as offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All my friends on xbox and minecraft are appearing as offline: All of my friends on xbox are showing as offline even though they aren't. I went onto minecraft to see if it showed they were online there but then it said I had no friends. I have no clue how to...
  6. Why is my profile saying offline when the status is saying appearing online?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my profile saying offline when the status is saying appearing online?: My profile is saying I'm offline,but when I go to the account status, it's saying appearing online,and when I change it to offline,it says online status unknown,i turned off the Xbox,I restarted...
  7. Appearing offline when I'm online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Appearing offline when I'm online: I'm online but it's saying that I'm offline bc3c319e-eacb-425c-b945-cd48aab7a76d
  8. Xbox profile is stuck saying offline for friends even when I'm online & appearing online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox profile is stuck saying offline for friends even when I'm online & appearing online: My Xbox friends have all said that my status is offline even though I appear online whenever I ask them. I have tried many solutions that have been presented on other forum posts. The only thing I...
  9. Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help: How come when I try to appear offline it doesn’t let me it says unknown bbcc64cb-a2a5-4fae-bb67-0df650d41904
  10. I’m stuck on appear offline. Nothing I do helps. Anyone else?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m stuck on appear offline. Nothing I do helps. Anyone else?: I have been stuck on appear offline for quite sometime now. I always switch between appear online/offline obviously when I don’t want to be bothered and it’s never been an issue. Now when I try to...