Apologies for being a little off topic, but I believe I have uncovered a fraudulent scheme...

Discus and support Apologies for being a little off topic, but I believe I have uncovered a fraudulent scheme... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all apologies if I am presenting the post in an incorrect manner or am erroneous in my understanding. So I am a customer from India has bought a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LXC06, Dec 3, 2022.

1. LXC06
    LXC06 Guest

Apologies for being a little off topic, but I believe I have uncovered a fraudulent scheme...

Hi all apologies if I am presenting the post in an incorrect manner or am erroneous in my understanding.

So I am a customer from India has bought a xbox controller for myself last month, which was delivered to me today. Upon registration to my microsoft account I noticed I have a 90 days warranty on it. Upon going through the manual I found out that the official warranty should be 1 year for new products and 90 days for refurbished ones.

Upon finding this out I went through all xbox controller sales on major websites (Amazon, Flipkart) and discovered that all the customers are only getting a 90 day warranty. This leads me to suspect that Indian sellers are importing refurbished controllers are selling them as brand new in the market defrauding thousands of people in the process.

I could not find a proper way to contact Microsoft or Xbox regarding this issue and am trying various methods to get in touch with them. If anyone could provide any assistance or advice in this matter it will be greatly appreciated. I have attached added proofs down below for reference.

Thank you

Apologies for being a little off topic, but I believe I have uncovered a fraudulent scheme... [​IMG]

Apologies for being a little off topic, but I believe I have uncovered a fraudulent scheme... [​IMG]

:)

LXC06, Dec 3, 2022
  2. LXC06 Win User

Apologies for being a little off topic, but I believe I have uncovered a fraudulent scheme here in India and was seeking help to communicate the same to you all seeking advice on future steps

Might I ask, then is the 1 year warranty for the s|x series consoles ? so they use the same warranty paper notebook for everything ? That seems confusing.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Apologies for being a little off topic, but I believe I have uncovered a fraudulent scheme here in India and was seeking help to communicate the same to you all seeking advice on future steps

Per the manual you posted, the warranty is "90 days for refurbished Xbox consoles and all Xbox accessories except Elite Wireless controller Series 2". Since an Xbox controller is an accessory, it has a 90 day warranty.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Yes, the 1 year is for a brand new console and the Elite Series 2 controllers.
  5. Shadowvegas Win User

A little Off Topic, but:

no one appreciates snipers
  6. ItSoHMtD Win User

A little Off Topic, but:

My appreciation bar is off too... actually have 30 roadkills with the Huey but it always says one.

Stop sniping.
Thema:

1. Apologies for being a little off topic, but I believe I have uncovered a fraudulent scheme... - Similar Threads - Apologies being little

2. Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox all of a sudden stopped being able to connect to my internet: I was watching a show on hulu, a day ago and all of sudden my Xbox disconnected from the internet. I thought nothing of it until it would now no longer connect. It will connect to my hotspot, but...
  3. My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gets very loud while being in the main menu/lobby of call of duty: My xbox gets very loud when im in the main menu/lobby of call of duty, but when i go into a game it goes full silent. I recently cleaned my xbox so there is no dust in it and call of duty is the...
  4. My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller

in XBoX on Windows
    My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller: This bugged may be due to me playing on cloud gaming 0edc4b19-cfec-4a50-a583-477e43a4b897
  5. Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x being throttled by Microsoft: I had xbox series x for two years and everything was working normally until two weeks ago. I have 2gbps connection. Everything else connected is working fine on my network. I factory reset xbox,...
  6. Xbox One S being slow and laggy.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One S being slow and laggy.: I have an Xbox One S (2 T), I bought it refurbished from GameStop about 2 years ago, although just 4 days ago any game I would play would be laggy and crash, and then ultimately the Xbox itself...
  7. Apology to the Enforcement team

in XBoX on Windows
    Apology to the Enforcement team: I apologize for overusing your refund system I had no knowledge that that would be a punishable thing I had no idea I promise I'll never abuse it again I truly am sorry for causing trouble for all...
  8. I was communication banned but I was not the one on my xbox I apologize for the long writing

in XBoX on Windows
    I was communication banned but I was not the one on my xbox I apologize for the long writing: I had family over for a thanksgiving party which they couldn’t attend and instead came over today, my cousins usually hang out in my room and I installed some games that they could play any games...
  9. Xbox 1 day ban apology and appeal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 1 day ban apology and appeal: Hello xbox, my account was banned due to me talking to someone during the xbox chat.They texted me saying we'll done implying that I messed up because I couldn't watch the defuser in my seige...
  10. This is an apology for my actions

in XBoX Accessibility
    This is an apology for my actions: Hey Microsoft I know I’m guilty of saying rude things to someone on xbox chat but this guy was rude and repetitively said L and haha because he reported me to get me banned but the thing is he...