Anyway I can fix this windows issue without trying to factory reset my computer?

Discus and support Anyway I can fix this windows issue without trying to factory reset my computer? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The issue is whenever I try to launch any game through the app a window pops up saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rileyrope125, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Rileyrope125
    Rileyrope125 Guest

Anyway I can fix this windows issue without trying to factory reset my computer?

The issue is whenever I try to launch any game through the app a window pops up saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I've tried to verify and repair the games in the app as well as reinstalling the games. I've tried to reinstall the Xbox app on my computer and repair and reset it in the window's settings under installed apps. Everything else works perfectly on my computer including steam so it seams to be a Xbox exclusive issue. Xbox support also hasn't been helpful in fixing this issue.

Anyway I can fix this windows issue without trying to factory reset my computer? [​IMG]

:)

Rileyrope125, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Normally there is also an error code, can you provide this please? A screenshot may also be of some help to us.

Thanks.
  3. Rileyrope125 Win User

There you go this is what shows up.
  4. Jules Pénuchot Win User

Unknown error at launch

Thanks, finally a relevant answer ! I factory reset my XBO to fix it, but anyway now I know the cause of the issue, thanks !
  5. Generalizor Win User

Download wont start on PC Xbox app

So I made a second system restore and made sure that everything was factory rested. And it finally worked to download the game.

I have played it a couple of times without problems, but now it crashes instead... anyway, I will try to find a solution to this problem on the CK3 forum.

But if anyone reads this looking for help, your only bet could be a complete factory reset and delete everything from your computer.
  6. Nuck-Chorris Win User

Cant scroll down

I was experiencing similar issues after the latest console update. What fixed it for me was doing a factory reset without deleting my games.
Thema:

1. Anyway I can fix this windows issue without trying to factory reset my computer? - Similar Threads - Anyway fix windows

2. My computer crashes 5-15 mins into a GTA V playing session, is there anyway to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My computer crashes 5-15 mins into a GTA V playing session, is there anyway to fix it?: Hello, I Have recently built a gaming pc, my problem is that whenever I play GTA V the system reboots or crashes after 5-15 mins of playing it. Specs of system: Motherboard: ROG STRIX B550-A...
  3. Is there anyway to fix p2p/sig: no_session(Empty Auth from Discovery) on a Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway to fix p2p/sig: no_session(Empty Auth from Discovery) on a Switch?: I keep getting it on Minecraft for Nentendo Switch when I try to join a friends world. Its getting quite annoying. Is there a way to fix it? b029f19c-e909-4c90-ad5e-5dd46caa10bc
  4. is they’re anyway i can try to fix this so he can get his account back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    is they’re anyway i can try to fix this so he can get his account back?: I tried getting into my boyfriends xbox passkey but his controller had sticky keys and made me lock him out because he can’t provide his password to his old email that he dosent have anymore. He...
  5. Is there anyway I can fix the settings so that when I'm using Spotify on xbox I can hear...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there anyway I can fix the settings so that when I'm using Spotify on xbox I can hear...: As the title asks I want to be Able to listen to Spotify while playing a game but i want to here the effects and dialogue in game as well especially if I play something with vehicles in it I like...
  6. Anyway to fix an issue in the my games and apps section where the full library says we're...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyway to fix an issue in the my games and apps section where the full library says we're...: So for the past few days I've not been able to load my Full Library in the My games and apps section on my Xbox Series X. I've tried a few different things I've read online, like clearing cache...
  7. Anyway to fix FPS on Xbox Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyway to fix FPS on Xbox Series S: For a few months now whenever I’m on Fortnite I get a massive frame rate drop after dropping from the battle bus (ironic isn’t it) and a rare case during cutscenes from COD:MW 2019. I have tried...
  8. Is there anyway to fix my Xbox One? Constant startup errors

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there anyway to fix my Xbox One? Constant startup errors: Hi, My Xbox One gets constant startup errors (101, 102, 105 and so on). No matter what I do (force close, disconnect cables) it always shows the "something went wrong" page. I can click on the...
  9. Twitch won't work anyway to fix it its been like this for 2 weeks

in XboX Insiders
    Twitch won't work anyway to fix it its been like this for 2 weeks: [IMG] submitted by /u/fivePhoenix545 [link] [comments]
  10. Beta is working, RTX isnt. Is there anyway to fix this?

in XboX Insiders
    Beta is working, RTX isnt. Is there anyway to fix this?: I have the beta clearly but no RTX, all drivers updated just cant get the advanced video options or RTX. Any tips? submitted by /u/RomeoLimaDeltaTTV [link] [comments]