Anyone remember or played the Xbox 360 indie game series Decay?

Discus and support Anyone remember or played the Xbox 360 indie game series Decay? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Like the title says, has anyone ever remember the Decay series? Or played it? I did. And it was a darn good game, one of the best indie games I ever... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jane Doe XBL, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Jane Doe XBL
    Jane Doe XBL Guest

Like the title says, has anyone ever remember the Decay series? Or played it? I did. And it was a darn good game, one of the best indie games I ever played.

Info for those who haven't played, or never heard of it: "Decay" was a 4 part game series, found in the indie games section of the Xbox 360 marketplace. It was a "point and click" game with horror elements, and had some puzzles.

The game itself is gone, but the memories I have playing it are still here. The purpose of this post is all about remembering the game, for those who did play it. The following is my experience with the game, years ago on my old Xbox account.

When I first started playing it, I was definitely liking the game. I hadn't really played many horror games yet, plus I was still kind of a chicken when it came to them. I was drawn into Decay's story, as it was strange. I had to find out the reason for
    all the strange happenings in the game, why they were happening. Some of the puzzles were fun too.

It had quite a few jumpscares. Looking back, the jumpscares might have not been too scary, but at the time I nearly jumped out of my skin quite a bit. Plus I was younger back then.

Bottom line, is that I loved the series.

And when I find out that the indie games were taken off the store, before I had a chance to buy them again on my new account? I was crushed. Heartbroken, even. The fact that I could never play Decay again? It devastated me.

And to be honest, I'm still seriously sad about it. I have fond memories of the game, but I still yearn to play it, even though it's impossible now.

I know it's kind of silly to be upset over a game like this, but I can't help it. There's a hole in my heart (not literally!) that just won't seem to mend, because the game is gone.

And yes, I am aware that there is a sequel. "Decay: The Mare" I've played it, and it was great. But as much as I love the sequel, I still miss playing the original.

Anyone else played the game before it was taken down? Did you like it? Sad that it's gone? Feel free to comment!

(This post turned angsty real fast. Oops.)

:)

Jane Doe XBL, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Jane Doe XBL Win User

I haven't played it but I sure want too now after your post!
    It's just too bad that it was taken down with all the other indie games. :( But the sequel is available on the Xbox One, so it's not all bad! The original is better in my opinion, but "Decay: The Mare" is still pretty good.
  3. MightyQuinn75 Win User

I haven't played it but I sure want too now after your post!
  4. ravary212 Win User

Sorty bro i dont remember decay
  5. Albert X Win User

I dont remember the series but now I am intrigued and will look into it. This is why I love the forums. I learn new things everyday.
  6. Jane Doe XBL Win User

Backwards Compatible Wish List

For me, the F.E.A.R. games. I find the series to be very underrated, and having them bc would make me happy. The 2nd game (project origin) is on my list of top favorite games, and it's one of the few games that actually managed to scare me quite a bit.

Heck, an HD collection containing all 3 games would be awesome too.

Also, anyone remember the indie games from the 360? The 4 part series "Decay" is also a favorite of mine. But the indie games were taken off the store, and the chances of bringing back Decay on the XB1? Pretty much zero. :(

(Yeah, I know there is a sequel. I've played it, and while I love it, I still miss the original game...)
Thema:

1. Anyone remember or played the Xbox 360 indie game series Decay? - Similar Threads - Anyone remember played

2. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  3. Anyone remember the old Xbox One menu sfx?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone remember the old Xbox One menu sfx?: Video of the sfx I just found my old original Xbox One and turned it on when suddenly I found myself on the old menu. Before I connected the console to the internet to update it, I navigated...
  4. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  5. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  8. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  9. Has anyone successfully managed to speak to an agent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone successfully managed to speak to an agent: My Xbox X 3 months old would not update games or update console, I performed a full reset as suggested and now it will not allow account sign in. A circle appears and then it just goes back to you...
  10. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...