anyone know why city of brass does not run for me?

Discus and support anyone know why city of brass does not run for me? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Laptop Asus Tuf F17 Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400H @ 2.70GHz 2.69 GHz Ram 8gb OS had win 11 downgraded to 10 GPU: Nvidia 3050 got... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Damascus Blaze, Sep 20, 2022.

1. anyone know why city of brass does not run for me?

Laptop Asus Tuf F17

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400H @ 2.70GHz 2.69 GHz

Ram 8gb

OS had win 11 downgraded to 10

GPU: Nvidia 3050

got the steam version of the game

worked on two slow laptops that i no longer have

one had windows 10 and the other i dont remember possibly win8

tried it on this one crashes before it startsup at all

looked around on the internet saw breifly that this is not the only incompatible game

found that out after trying to start it in compatiblity mode after it did not work it told me it was an incompatible program

in the windows event viewer i see... this

Faulting application name: COB-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 4.21.2.0, time stamp: 0x62463797

Faulting module name: COB-Win64-Shipping.exe, version: 4.21.2.0, time stamp: 0x62463797

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000185a3

Faulting process id: 0x16e4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d8cc5253b270ba

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\City Of Brass\COB\Binaries\Win64\COB-Win64-Shipping.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\City Of Brass\COB\Binaries\Win64\COB-Win64-Shipping.exe

Report Id: 328008be-adec-4f41-9309-f86433487b44

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

can i do anything about this?

:)

Damascus Blaze, Sep 20, 2022
  2. Damascus Blaze Win User

might try it out thanks side note asked some people i know on youtube hinting to me that it might be a hardware issue so untill further notice this is as far as i can go i got oracle virtual box but also not a whole lot of ssd space that an i might be missing some drivers now that ive thought about it for a bit because i still thought iobit was trust worthy i used their driver booster(forgot the name) to update my laptop and tried to play another game the last remnant (also steam was still in my library after it was unregistered from steam) i had to factory reset my laptop and update my drivers and got that to work i had uninstalled some stuff before that netframe work vc runtime thinking i installed broken drivers and runtimes since they also affeced me being able to run another game Nightmare reaper could not start it up fixed that so i have to be missing a couple of not obvious drivers ive also tried redownloading all the frameworks i think i need and the runtimes and that did nothing
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, don't worry. I can advise you another 4 things to try:

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily
    Restart your computer and give it a new try

B. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

C. Exists the possibility of an incompatibility with your specific hardware. Try the thing with the virtual machine.
    In case you need a tutorial follow this one:
    If your windows edition allows it:
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualizatio...
    Or using a third party app:
    https://www.techspot.com/guides/1672-windows-vi...

**This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Damascus Blaze Win User

whoops forgot to put some of the other stuff i got windows defender i turned everything that i could think of off on that firewall too

verifying the files on steam running in admin from the direct file in the steam folders, reinstalling it i have not tried a vm yet or how to set that up as far as persisting on win 10 or 11 its persisted for me on both i even tried putting the whole folder in syswow64 to see if it would run there no dice
  5. Damascus Blaze Win User

also double whoops this is probably the wrong place to ask
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Damascus

I can assist you with some things, but if the issue persists you may need to reach Steam support or the developer

First, The issue persists on both Windows 10 and 11?

If yes, may I know if you have installed an antivirus?

Sometimes the antivirus can interfere with some games, if yes. Please disable all the protections temporarily and try to run the game

If that doesn't work, and to avoid giving you the same troubleshooting steps tell me.

Besides running the game in compatibility mode, what else did you tried?
Thema:

1. anyone know why city of brass does not run for me? - Similar Threads - anyone why city

2. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  3. Does anyone know why i’m experiencing slow connection with n my xbox? i

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know why i’m experiencing slow connection with n my xbox? i: ran wifi speed tests on my phone which reached 380 mbps and on my xbox reaching 16mbps in the same location. Only started experiencing these issues for this last week [img] [img] ....
  4. My Series X is having difficulties and I don't know why. Can anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Series X is having difficulties and I don't know why. Can anyone help?: So I recently got a new series x, and everything has been fine, everything is up to date and I've had no real issues except for one. I have an xbox one copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 and I'd like...
  5. Why can’t I hear anyone on warzone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I hear anyone on warzone?: When I play in teams, I can’t hear anybody? I can hear people when in the lobby but nothing when the game starts? Any help? a482bade-63d2-47d7-b857-ed32b0adad5d
  6. Why can’t I play siege even though I have game pass on top of owning the game? Has anyone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play siege even though I have game pass on top of owning the game? Has anyone...: When I load the game all is fine but I can’t load Ubisoft connect nor launch a game fa31eed5-9cff-4b03-83f6-0bb4f5f6711b
  7. Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know why after fortnites recent update when I ready up, Fortnite freezes and...: After fortnites new season update when I load the game everything is fine and normal. When the game loads everything is normal however as soon as I ready up the game crashes. Is this an xbox issue...
  8. Xbox X right joystick not working in games. Do anyone know why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X right joystick not working in games. Do anyone know why?: I have a Xbox X that I purchased brand new in January of this year. A few weeks ago I went to play call of duty and noticed that the right joystick was not working. The issue was that, the...
  9. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  10. Can anyone tell me why Sjchor cant be used as a gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anyone tell me why Sjchor cant be used as a gamertag?: The name Sjchor has always been my gamer tag in all games but it says that it is not available and I'm not sure why. the meaning of it is my first initial, middle initial, and last name. I don't...