Anyone know how to get my old gamer tag onto my console after starting a new account?

Discus and support Anyone know how to get my old gamer tag onto my console after starting a new account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I screwed up. Had to restart my console. When signing back in I started a new account and gamer tag. All my purchased games and game pass is on the old... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Jay Tarala, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Jay Tarala
    Jay Tarala Guest

Anyone know how to get my old gamer tag onto my console after starting a new account?

I screwed up. Had to restart my console. When signing back in I started a new account and gamer tag. All my purchased games and game pass is on the old account and gamer tag.

Anyone know how to get rid of this new account and tag and get my old one back on my console??

:)

Jay Tarala, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Jay Tarala Win User

Thanks, I appreciate you getting back to me but that isn’t helping.

Maybe I’m not explaining this right.

I restarted my console this morning when I signed back in I didn’t read things correctly and used my email and password to sign in and then started with a new gamer tag with the same email as my old gamer tag.

Now when I sign in it’s my new gamer tag that pops up. I tried deleting the new tag off my console and resigning in but again the new gamer tag pops up.

There is no option to look for tags associated with the same email???

All my purchased games and game pass is associated with my old gamer tag. How do I get my old gamer tag back with this email and onto my console???
  3. Jay Tarala Win User

The problem is I used the same email address for the new gamer tag as my old one. So now when I sign in my new one automatically pops up.
  4. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Jay, I want to let you know that it is not possible to have two Microsoft accounts under the same email address.

I recommend you to use a phone number to log into the account in case you linked one previously
  5. KindGryphon Win User

Thanks, I appreciate you getting back to me but that isn’t helping.

Maybe I’m not explaining this right.

I restarted my console this morning when I signed back in I didn’t read things correctly and used my email and password to sign in and then started with a new gamer tag with the same email as my old gamer tag.

Now when I sign in it’s my new gamer tag that pops up. I tried deleting the new tag off my console and resigning in but again the new gamer tag pops up.

There is no option to look for tags associated with the same email???

All my purchased games and game pass is associated with my old gamer tag. How do I get my old gamer tag back with this email and onto my console???
    You had to have used a different email for the new account. Its simply not possible to have two accounts under the same exact email.

If you tried it would say the account already exists
  6. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Jay, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

Do you remember the login credentials for the account you want to use on your Xbox?

If that's the case please follow these steps to add the account:

"Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & System > Add or switch > Add new.
    Enter the email address for the Microsoft account that you want to add, and then select Enter.
    Important Make sure that you do not select Get a new account unless you want to create a new Microsoft account.
    Enter the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Enter.
    Review the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement, and then select I Accept.
    Follow the steps to configure your Sign-In, security & PIN preferences to finish adding your profile to the console."

You can review the same steps here:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
Thema:

1. Anyone know how to get my old gamer tag onto my console after starting a new account? - Similar Threads - Anyone old gamer

2. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  3. Anyone remember the old Xbox One menu sfx?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone remember the old Xbox One menu sfx?: Video of the sfx I just found my old original Xbox One and turned it on when suddenly I found myself on the old menu. Before I connected the console to the internet to update it, I navigated...
  4. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  5. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  8. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  9. Does anyone know how i can retrieve my old xbox account? It was my first one and i only...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Does anyone know how i can retrieve my old xbox account? It was my first one and i only...: I really want my first account back but my parents made the account and had gotten new phones and new emails, the only thing i know of it left is the username can anyone help?...
  10. Ik the username for my old xbox account but can't figure out the email, can anyone help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ik the username for my old xbox account but can't figure out the email, can anyone help?: Want to access old account but can't figure out the email for it a4caec48-7a52-4ecb-855f-f02c84ab8894