Anyone know how to delete the password history microsoft stores?

Discus and support Anyone know how to delete the password history microsoft stores? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I had not logged into my account for several months as i dont use any microsoft products besides minecraft and windows. Tried to play minecraft and had... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CraigList_910, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Anyone know how to delete the password history microsoft stores?

I had not logged into my account for several months as i dont use any microsoft products besides minecraft and windows. Tried to play minecraft and had to recover my account. Now i cant use my old password. What this means is microsoft is storing every password i have used on the platform. Given my experience with microsofts lack of internal security, this greatly conserns me. Keeping a list of all passwords in a nice little file for anyone to steal is like trying to prevent a fire by soaking the ground with gasoline. The only real personal info on my account is my email.

So how do i delete those saved passwords? That list of saved passwords is the only thing threatening my privacy and security.

:)

CraigList_910, Dec 6, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello CraigList_910,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

The passwords are stored on the cloud (Microsoft Server). Which it looked to work, if you delete a password from within the passwords page here: edge://settings/passwords It should sync and remove the password from the cloud. Thus, effectively removing it.

Kindly check this article posted by Nathan Roberts (SN) about How to manage saved passwords in Microsoft Edge: How to manage saved passwords in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Community

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
  4. IronDiamond Win User

Xbox Insider Hub issues

I don't know how to delete Microsoft Store.
  5. Dark ArchSeraph Win User

How Can I delete my download history?

So If you cannot delete download history does anyone know how to sign out of an existing Vudu account on the console and sign in a different one under the same gamertag?
  6. Seksaoui Abderraouf Win User

Forced to create another xbox account on an email that already has one, and now i can't log in to xbox app.

I can see that I changed my password on July 14th, so it doesn't seem like the Microsoft account got deleted, since if that were the case i would've remade it today and the History of password changes wouldn't be there.
Thema:

1. Anyone know how to delete the password history microsoft stores? - Similar Threads - Anyone delete password

2. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  3. Anyone remember the old Xbox One menu sfx?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone remember the old Xbox One menu sfx?: Video of the sfx I just found my old original Xbox One and turned it on when suddenly I found myself on the old menu. Before I connected the console to the internet to update it, I navigated...
  4. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  5. Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Seagate external drive not connecting after new Xbox update?: After the update to the Xbox console recently my external hard drive isn’t connecting to my Xbox anymore. I have the Xbox series x and a 5T external Seagate hard drive. Is it happening to others...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  8. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  9. Will anyone be able to access my account if I delete it from my Xbox One S console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will anyone be able to access my account if I delete it from my Xbox One S console?: I am going to sell my console and would like to know if by deleting my account from my Xbox One S no one will be able to access it and my game progress. If I open or register my account to my new...
  10. My account on xbox got hacked so if anyone plays can you permanently delete my account from...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account on xbox got hacked so if anyone plays can you permanently delete my account from...: I have not and don't expect too ***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category*** f94a7abb-478c-4982-adf0-87daf3441d18