Anyone having trouble canceling downloads?

Discus and support Anyone having trouble canceling downloads? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After fixing my last problem, where Xbox would not even open by updating my computer, I ran into this issue where the games that I had previously tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bill Lehman, May 1, 2023.

1. Bill Lehman
    Bill Lehman Guest

After fixing my last problem, where Xbox would not even open by updating my computer, I ran into this issue where the games that I had previously tried to install would not cancel their installation. Anyone have any tips for fixing this?
    Anyone having trouble canceling downloads? [​IMG]

:)

Bill Lehman, May 1, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Bill. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the steps one at a time to resolve the issue.

Solution 1: Reset the Xbox app and Gaming Services app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps Features. Select Xbox app, then click Advanced options. Click the reset button, do the same for the Xbox app, try launching the game again using the Xbox app and see if it works.

Solution 2: Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services App

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to check if you can cancel the installation or install games properly.

Solution 3:

Kindly check if you can cancel the installation by using the Microsoft Store app, go to Library > Updates & Downloads.
  3. LiveJOKER ACE Win User

New Map Pack

I had trouble too. all I did was cancel the download and then try to download it again and it worked.
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

Anyone else having trouble downloading TMNT:OOTS?

Hey there Shadow!

I'm sorry to hear about the download issues. Usually that error just pops up for a time and is resolved after an hour or two.
    Are you still having issues with it?

If so, are you able to try downloading the game to a formatted
    USB drive
    ?

Let us know how that goes and we'll work with you from there! ^_^
  5. SteveGoesInski Win User

Games With Gold - Gears of war. Won't download for me!

I'm having straight up trouble downloading this game period. I'm in the US but I'll get to around 15-20% and it will say "cannot download gears of war" and just cancel it.
  6. sparklestranger Win User

Life is Strange

hey is anyone having trouble downloading life is strange episode 2?
Thema:

1. Anyone having trouble canceling downloads? - Similar Threads - Anyone having trouble

2. Did anyone else have trouble unlocking the "Occultist" achievement for the game Goetia?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Did anyone else have trouble unlocking the "Occultist" achievement for the game Goetia?: On November 4th I finished the game Goetia. I have unlocked every achievement in game which means that I should have unlocked the "Occultist" achievement. It has not unlocked and I have yet to be...
  3. Is anyone having trouble with update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone having trouble with update: Ever since the mandatory update November 1st, 2023 my Xbox one will not play physical Xbox one disks or blu-ray. Yet, it will play all Xbox 360 games. Xbox hasn't resolved the issue, nor will...
  4. Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having trouble signing into Xbox live 360 servers on the series S or X: I have gone through many forums and I haven’t found a solution that works. For some reason I can no longer connect to Xbox live when trying to play any 360 game I have either purchased or...
  5. Is anyone else having trouble doing anything on their Xbox with the server outage. Because...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anyone else having trouble doing anything on their Xbox with the server outage. Because...: It says my network connection is good but I can’t play anything online or update my games 6d22be80-fc73-4a21-835d-87954bb2bf43
  6. Anyone else located in the Isle of Man having trouble accessing the Microsoft Rewards?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone else located in the Isle of Man having trouble accessing the Microsoft Rewards?: I recently moved to the Isle of Man from the UK and since I have not been able to access the Microsoft Rewards as it keeps saying "oops it looks like your on the go". I've changed my location...
  7. Is anyone else having trouble with unlocked achievements showing up?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is anyone else having trouble with unlocked achievements showing up?: I’ve been gaming on my Xbox for several years and I know very well that I’ve unlocked lots and lots of achievements for games that I’ve played— especially since there’s so many. I’ve even used my...
  8. xbox having trouble updating. Does anyone have any advice.

in XboX Insiders
    xbox having trouble updating. Does anyone have any advice.: I was just playing normaly then my xbox says. "There was a problem with the update". submitted by /u/Emperor4Head [link] [comments]
  9. Hello. I have been having trouble doing copy and paste on Xbox during a game. Does anyone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello. I have been having trouble doing copy and paste on Xbox during a game. Does anyone...: Does anyone know how to copy and paste on Xbox during a game? Please tell me how to. ca72d928-d198-4314-9c03-7f0e22917f77
  10. I’m having trouble entering my card details. Can anyone help or have suggestions?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m having trouble entering my card details. Can anyone help or have suggestions?: It keeps saying “Check the info you entered. It doesn’t match the info for this card.” Even though I’ve check many times 8bb184e5-d1d7-4727-899e-173c4b5a8a95