Anyone have problems with games backing out to dashboard?

Discus and support Anyone have problems with games backing out to dashboard? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just started doing it to me the last few days. I will be playing max the curse of the brotherhood, and it will kick me to the dashboard once in awhile.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ethereal Corpse, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Anyone have problems with games backing out to dashboard?

Just started doing it to me the last few days. I will be playing max the curse of the brotherhood, and it will kick me to the dashboard once in awhile. Same thing with killer instinct. It don't happen all the time.

:)

Ethereal Corpse, Jan 7, 2014
  2. BeigeRose
    BeigeRose Guest
    BLACK SCREEN THEN FREEZE UP

The new update for ww2 , I now have lag issues, when backing out of a lobby to go to headquarters I get a black screen and have to reset game, loading into games can't see weapons, end of games can't see anything but names and throws you right into another
    match, wondering if anyone else but me and the group I play with have these problems and how to fix it....I love the game but not the issues

BeigeRose, Jan 7, 2014
  3. xbox 360 compatible flash drive

I use a sandisk cruzer blade 4gb memory stick that i have never had any problems with for backing up game saves.

THEOWENKILLER, Jan 7, 2014
  4. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest

I've had it a few times as well. It stopped doing it after I started doing a hard reset at least once a week. It hasn't done it once to me since. If you don't know how to do just hold down the on button for about 5 - 10 seconds. Don't know if it will help
    but it did for me.

DuFFuL, Jan 7, 2014
  5. I've had a few instances so far. It's not too bad though - happens maybe once every week or 2. I can't recall which games though. Regardless, it would be nice to know what's causing it & see if it can be fixed.

Also, just for the record, the term dashboard is so 360... If you don't want to feel old or out-of-date, it's now called the
    home screen.

Galactic Geek, Jan 7, 2014
  6. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    yeah do a hard restart... hold down the power button till the 1 turns off.. let it sit for about 15 seconds... then restart it... should solve all those problems plus more you didnt realize you had...

tohellnbak, Jan 7, 2014
  7. it happens occasionally. usually after being on for large periods of time. doing a hard reboot fixes everything. Best way to do a hard reboot is to go to settings, turn the power option to energy saver (turning off standby mode) saying xbox turn off waiting
    until the power brick is orange for 30 seconds then pressing the power button to turn it on

Upinya Slayin, Jan 7, 2014
  8. CAMARO Xlll
    CAMARO Xlll Guest

maybe I need to do a hard reboot. I have like 5 crashes to the Home Screen this weekend in BF4. (then again, its hard to blame the console for any issues with that game). LOL

CAMARO Xlll, Jan 7, 2014
  9. [quote user="x0x CAMARO x0x"]

maybe I need to do a hard reboot. I have like 5 crashes to the Home Screen this weekend in BF4. (then again, its hard to blame the console for any issues with that game). LOL

[/quote]After the first 2 crashes to the home screen, I do a hard reboot and that fixes things for a week or so. I for one, will be glad when the next X1 update comes out. It will hopefully addresses this issue, among other things.

SparkStormrider, Jan 7, 2014
  10. [quote user="SparkStormrider"]

[quote user="x0x CAMARO x0x"]

[/quote]After the first 2 crashes to the home screen, I do a hard reboot and that fixes things for a week or so. I for one, will be glad when the next X1 update comes out. It will hopefully addresses this issue, among other things.

[/quote]

its just bogged up by caches and temp files. pretty normal for multitasking devices. my droid bionic, and ipad air both need frequent hard reboots as well. I wouldn't expect it to completly go away, but it'll get better. if i only have to hard reboot once
    a month that is good enough for me as i hard reboot by phone and tablet at least once a week if not more. my X1 is right on par with that

Upinya Slayin, Jan 7, 2014
  11. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    one of the "fixes" coming in the update is supposed to be for the memory and the way it is managed... I am sure... once that update is live.. the hard reboot will only need to be done, possibly monthly as apposed to weekly...

tohellnbak, Jan 7, 2014
  12. Dmack x 4142
    Dmack x 4142 Guest
    so can't wait for this 'update' there are so many problems at the moment

Dmack x 4142, Jan 7, 2014
  13. Anyone have problems with games backing out to dashboard?

Thanks guys i think this worked

Ethereal Corpse, Jan 7, 2014
  14. Happened to me on BF4 and NFS

MazdaSpeedNinja, Jan 7, 2014
  15. I have yet to do a hard reboot since I got my Xbox One & so far, for the most part, it seems fine.

Galactic Geek, Jan 7, 2014
Thema:

1. Anyone have problems with games backing out to dashboard? - Similar Threads - Anyone problems games

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. Does anyone know what this problem is

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know what this problem is: I’ve recently gotten back on my Xbox one but I keep getting network issues when my internet connection is working fine and with the settings saying a service is having issues but doesn’t tell me...
  4. Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Xbox live/games pass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Xbox live/games pass?: help - I cannot connect with Xbox live/game pass - I am hard wired bb5d908e-4a1a-4c6b-b9bb-c4cd20fdc979
  5. Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem..it will not launch any games or apps and says...: Does anyone know how to fix Xbox one problem....won't launch Amy games or apps...just pauses for a couple seconds when I click and says having problem launching 28512a93-5ae7-4129-9a72-604e0ec74a75
  6. Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have a problem with a game missing from their microsoft store library? Stolen...: In my case "Sea of thieves". It is no longer in my library in my microsoft store. Furthermore, I have only one account and I do not use Gamepass or Xbox services and I have not given anyone access...
  7. Does anyone know how to fix my xbox's loading problem for games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix my xbox's loading problem for games?: I recently started having a major problem with my Xbox One S. Two of my core games are fortnite and rocket league and both are having problems, but it doesn't seem like an Epic Games thing. For...
  8. Xbox x will not play next gen games. Anyone else have this problem.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox x will not play next gen games. Anyone else have this problem.: Games with scarlett file name keep crashing. 28751b5d-ef23-441b-b46d-b100fd036ba3
  9. Ultimate Word Games daily challenge won't open. Anyone else have this problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ultimate Word Games daily challenge won't open. Anyone else have this problem?: In Ultimate Word Games, starting today July 28th, I cannot open the daily challenge. Has anyone else had this problem? fdcb0298-194d-443f-a654-5a531aa38172
  10. Has anyone else been having problems with Friday 13th game on Xbox one playing right now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else been having problems with Friday 13th game on Xbox one playing right now: it's been saying database login failure and hasn't let me play in over a week but there are 6 ppl on my friends list that are playing right now 6f744722-c034-4b0b-ae16-ec7e192a2a25