Anyone getting error code 0x8b100042 with game pass or gold games?

Discus and support Anyone getting error code 0x8b100042 with game pass or gold games? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just started getting this error and I can't launch any game pass games or games with gold. I've already restarted the system and reported it.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Ackis, Mar 13, 2023.

1. /u/Ackis
    /u/Ackis Guest

Just started getting this error and I can't launch any game pass games or games with gold.

I've already restarted the system and reported it.

submitted by /u/Ackis
    [link] [comments]

/u/Ackis, Mar 13, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Unable to play Game Pass games, comes up with error code: 0x8b100042

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

0x8b100042

We’re currently investigating this error. In the meantime, try the solutions below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/errors/erro...

Microsoft is aware of the problem, and they have notified that it has been resolved, but due to the number of complaints the problem continues, unfortunately only Microsoft can fix the problem, it is necessary to wait.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Getting problems with the 8C210003 Error

Are you trying to purchase a discounted game from the Deals with Gold or get the free download for Games With Gold? If so then the reason you're getting that error code is because a trial pass is only good for some Gold abilities such as online multiplayer.
    A trial cannot be used to take advantage of gold only deals.

8C210003
  4. jjack0310 Win User

Error code 0x8b100042

I tried to update through the USB, but before doing that, I tried to troubleshoot and just did a Factory reset.

Once I did the reset, it asked me to update again and was able to update automatically. It also solved the games not starting issue.

Thanks for your help.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Error code 0x8b100042

Are you able to perform the update with a different wifi network?

If that not possible, try in this case perform an offline update for your console.

For this you need a USB and PC to format it and transfer files provided in the link below (with steps):

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Error code 0x8b100042

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jack

Please answer the following questions to assist you properly :

Are you part or do you have installed an insider / beta OS in your Xbox Console or are you using a regular OS?
    May I know if you tried with a different wifi network to see how it goes?
    If you have a physical game, can you test with one game? Or is this happening with both digital and physical games?

And, may I know which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix?
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

-------
    In the meantime try this all together, I'll be waiting for your answers

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, try to remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again
Thema:

1. Anyone getting error code 0x8b100042 with game pass or gold games? - Similar Threads - Anyone getting error

2. Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?: So, like the title says, I can’t get a good NAT or get the Terdeo IP, I’m not sure why, I’ve follow every step on the help page and called my ISP and had them help me reset my network. This is a...
  3. I am unable to get in contact with anyone over the phone

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to get in contact with anyone over the phone: I have been trying for over half an hour to get in contact with someone over the phone however whenever I put my number in I get “We’re unable to process your request for a call back. Please try...
  4. Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue: im in a party with my girlfriend then it keeps disconnecting with the error code 95614660-5b61-403d-aae3-8a8546eac6b8
  5. I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Can anyone help me?: [img] I get this Screen whenever I press the Xbox button to open the menu. Help d2ceb160-e98e-47ac-9b2c-442ff356f022
  6. Does anyone know how to get in contact with a Microsoft support agent?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know how to get in contact with a Microsoft support agent?: I've had an ongoing issue with the Microsoft rewards app on Xbox where it keeps telling me to update my consoles location, causing me to lose my streak. I finally got some help via a live chat...
  7. I keep getting a dev error on call of duty modernwarfare 3 anyone have any ideas on what is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I keep getting a dev error on call of duty modernwarfare 3 anyone have any ideas on what is...: I keep getting dev errors on call of duty modernwarfare 3 Xbox console any advice would be appreciated 3084d7ee-7b53-4733-b641-897e1ab7e38d
  8. Anyone know why every time I try to login to Xbox design lab I get an error code?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone know why every time I try to login to Xbox design lab I get an error code?: I can use any other Microsoft service no problem such as the Xbox app, logging into my Xbox, Microsoft.com. But when I try to log into design lab I get this error message “You can not login right...
  9. anyone else getting error code 0xd05e0123? PC XBOX APP

in XBoX Games and Apps
    anyone else getting error code 0xd05e0123? PC XBOX APP: It started when I tried to uninstall Fallout 76 through the app but it gave me this error code. So I ignored it and tried downloading tetris but since fallout wasn't able to uninstall, it was...
  10. Anyone know a fix to getting the 0x87e0000f error on pc game pass?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know a fix to getting the 0x87e0000f error on pc game pass?: Anyone know a fix to 0x87e0000f error on pc game pass? Have been getting it near constantly whenever I try to install any game, even as far as having downloads stop at 99% and not being able to...