Anyone else's Xbox one losing static ip settings between reboots ?

Discus and support Anyone else's Xbox one losing static ip settings between reboots ? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As above, been having this issue for the last week now, i input my static ip settings (static ip setting created via router) into the xbox one,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lyndonJ, Jan 3, 2014.

1. lyndonJ
    lyndonJ Guest

As above, been having this issue for the last week now, i input my static ip settings (static ip setting created via router) into the xbox one, everything works fine open nat is reported....that is until a reboot occurs either via myself switching it off
    overnight ect....next day says fails to connect to xbox live and when i go into to look it has a totally diferant ip assigned to it.......

Just wondered if this was particular issue to me or if others were having the same issue.

Cheers.

:)

lyndonJ, Jan 3, 2014
  2. STARL0RDx
    STARL0RDx Guest
    How to open your NAT with the Motorola SBG6782 and prob any other modem

Assign a static IP address to your xbox. Apply said IP address into the DMZ option in the router settings. Hard reboot Xbox and enjoy your open NAT!

STARL0RDx, Jan 3, 2014
  3. New Xbox doesn't know how to handle Highspeed internet

Bell's got *** routers, my xbox 360 will randomly switch between nat:Moderate and nat:Open.

When its moderate, i reboot the console and most the time it reboots on Open,

Im forwarding ports using a static IP outside my DHCP range.

Shalaw-32AD68F1-CAE9-46E5-968A-9C55ACEA5738, Jan 3, 2014
  4. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest

I had this issue when I set up my static ip. Its possible that your router is just reassigning that IP address to another device on your network. Try setting a static IP with a larger number at the end so your router doesn't automatically give that IP to
    some other device in your house when your ONE is off. Maybe this will help. Did for me.

Stoyvensen, Jan 3, 2014
  5. lyndonJ
    lyndonJ Guest
    tried that, i have set the static ip via the router as well.......its a strange one thats for sure....

lyndonJ, Jan 3, 2014
  6. Using DHCP server setting in router, you have to register the console's MAC address and assign the I.P. from there I had the same issue during the launch week. Now if I could stable out the NAT changing from strict to Open even with the all the ports opened
    I would be solid.

Carlton WMarshall, Jan 6, 2014
  7. To find the MAC address for the console go to settings, Network, Advanced setting and on the right side you will see at the bottom you will see the Wired and Wireless MAC address for your console.

8. WillSmithVXR
    WillSmithVXR Guest

I don't assign a static IP address but my Router has the option to use DHCP and assign the same IP address each time.

As we have 3 Xbox 360's & an Xbox One connected to the Router DMZ or Port Forwarding is a non starter.

WillSmithVXR, Jan 6, 2014
  9. I have a lot of devices connected as well during first week of launch my xbox 360, xbox one, dvd player, and tablet were all jumping i.p's everyday so I decided to assign them one.

10. WillSmithVXR
    WillSmithVXR Guest
    [quote user="D3AtHbLoOmS"]

I have a lot of devices connected as well during first week of launch my xbox 360, xbox one, dvd player, and tablet were all jumping i.p's everyday so I decided to assign them one.

[/quote]

I have many devices in addition to the consoles that connect to the router, hence my enthusiasm about my router using DHCP and assigning the same IP address each time. Makes life easier as I know what IP address my network printer, network HDD and networked
    AV Receiver are using.

WillSmithVXR, Jan 6, 2014
  11. Nat staying open is my biggest problem even with the ports being opened on router it will bounce from strict to open then from open back to strict. Have to either power cycle the xbox and restart modem or constantly run the check multiplayer connection
    and hold both bumpers and triggers until it finally opens back up.

Carlton WMarshall, Oct 31, 2018
  12. WillSmithVXR Win User

[quote user="D3AtHbLoOmS"]

I have a lot of devices connected as well during first week of launch my xbox 360, xbox one, dvd player, and tablet were all jumping i.p's everyday so I decided to assign them one.

[/quote]

I have many devices in addition to the consoles that connect to the router, hence my enthusiasm about my router using DHCP and assigning the same IP address each time. Makes life easier as I know what IP address my network printer, network HDD and networked
    AV Receiver are using.
  13. Carlton WMarshall Win User

Using DHCP server setting in router, you have to register the console's MAC address and assign the I.P. from there I had the same issue during the launch week. Now if I could stable out the NAT changing from strict to Open even with the all the ports opened
    I would be solid.
  14. Stoyvensen Win User

I had this issue when I set up my static ip. Its possible that your router is just reassigning that IP address to another device on your network. Try setting a static IP with a larger number at the end so your router doesn't automatically give that IP to
    some other device in your house when your ONE is off. Maybe this will help. Did for me.
  15. Carlton WMarshall Win User

Nat staying open is my biggest problem even with the ports being opened on router it will bounce from strict to open then from open back to strict. Have to either power cycle the xbox and restart modem or constantly run the check multiplayer connection
    and hold both bumpers and triggers until it finally opens back up.
  16. Carlton WMarshall Win User

Thema:

1. Anyone else's Xbox one losing static ip settings between reboots ? - Similar Threads - Anyone else's losing

2. Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with their Series X.: I’ve got stick drift, it won’ read brand new discs, when it turns on it plays videos in slow motion. YouTube constantly crashes i got the console on Christmas of 2023….. someone help...
  3. Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else not able to see images and videos in the XBox store?: I have recently connected to Startlink and have just tried to connect XBox series X to the Internet. Now I can't see any videos or images in the xbox store. I notice there is an outage for the...
  4. Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Let’s sue Xbox? Has anyone else purchased used Xbox equipment that ended up being...: Just wondering if anyone wants to get together and sue Xbox for not letting us make contact with enforcement to even begin to telll on them about our problem Yes. They won’t even let me make a...
  5. Alpha Skip-Ahead update size. Anyone else received a 5GB update?

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip-Ahead update size. Anyone else received a 5GB update?: I have a mysterious 5GB update pending. That seems like a full OS update to me. My console got banned for unknown reasons. Had zero strikes etc and i have no way to get any information about the...
  6. Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you...: With the latest update on xbox one I now keep getting the error code Error 0x80072ee2 0x00000000 0x00000206 has anyone tried else encountered this and did you find a solution?...
  7. Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else’s Xbox falsely detecting an Ethernet connection?: I started having this issue about a week ago where my Xbox is somehow detecting an Ethernet cable when I don’t have one and it won’t let me connect to my WiFi and not sure how to fix, sometimes...
  8. Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X on ‘Preview Omega’ beta is no longer reading 4K UHD Blu-ray; has anyone else...: My Xbox played 4K-BR seamlessly before April 2024, but as of May 2024, my Xbox Series X has stopped reading all 4K UHD Blu-ray discs (BD50, BD66, BD100) - whilst all other formats (DVD, Blu-ray...
  9. Is anyone else having issues using xbox LFG on pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is anyone else having issues using xbox LFG on pc?: When i open up xbox game bar on my pc and open up the lfg widget, it says "launch game to see available groups to join" even though i already have my game open. It works some days and others it...
  10. Anyone else lose their deluxe dlc and preorder bonus for Jedi Survivor?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else lose their deluxe dlc and preorder bonus for Jedi Survivor?: My deluxe edition dlc and preorder bonuses are gone from Jedi Survivor! I have it for Xbox series X. How do I get it back?! 65443935-fdb3-4b92-9b9f-7ac7863cf697