Anyone else's batteries explode in brand new x box controller?

Discus and support Anyone else's batteries explode in brand new x box controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I put the brand new batteries that came with the brand new x box Volt controller in and within seconds the batteries nearly explode. The batteries were... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Amy Mooney, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Amy Mooney
    Amy Mooney Guest

I put the brand new batteries that came with the brand new x box Volt controller in and within seconds the batteries nearly explode. The batteries were so hot it burned my hand. Definitely wasn't the batteries because we put other batteries in and the same thing happened. My husband got hurt. And this has seriously upset us. I see a huge amount of other ppl are having the same problem. Someone is going to get seriously hurt, take the controllers off the shelf.

:)

Amy Mooney, Feb 19, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Amy, this is a very serious thing and Microsoft has specific procedures for situations like this, however, in order for them to help you, you will have to contact support through the link below.

Go to: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/

See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)

If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.

Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.

Click Contact us

Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.

On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Were you attempting to charge the included batteries?
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Gotcha, great, you did the right thing in returning it, sounds like an internal short. Unfortunately defects will happen but we’ll be on the lookout for more for sure.
  5. Amy Mooney Win User

No sir, I unwrapped the batteries that came with the brand new controller and put them right in. At first we thought they were faulty batteries, because they got so hot within seconds and the controller was not even on. Then we tried another set of our own batteries and the same thing happened. So immediately my husband brought the controller back to walmart and I told him to make sure they wouldn't put it on the shelf because I was scared someone else would get hurt. too. And my husband said they don't put controllers back on the shelf if the seal is broke. Well my husband bought another Eletric volt and he opened it right on the Walmart counter in front of the employees and there was a black controller inside instead of the volt. My husband left their store and will not be buying anymore electronics there again.
  6. UltimaDragoon89 Win User

Controller not vibrating/weak vibration when holding home button (Series X)

I am having this problem as well. Brand new series x, brand new controller, brand new batteries. System is up to date and so is the controller. Has to be a software issue, this does not happen on my Xbox One.
Thema:

1. Anyone else's batteries explode in brand new x box controller? - Similar Threads - Anyone else's batteries

2. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  3. Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?: So, like the title says, I can’t get a good NAT or get the Terdeo IP, I’m not sure why, I’ve follow every step on the help page and called my ISP and had them help me reset my network. This is a...
  4. Anyone else feel cheated with game selection?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else feel cheated with game selection?: Why do Xbox players not have access to all the cool games I see people streaming? There are games for PC that look REALLY cool. And I’m sure we’ve all seen hell divers. If I didn’t have so much...
  5. Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?: I've already dealt with AND deal with my controller disconnecting from the Xbox Series X whether it's connected to the console by USB cable or not. It REQUIRES being hooked up to disconnect LESS...
  6. Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting error code 0x80199cc disconnected from party's anyone else having the same issue: im in a party with my girlfriend then it keeps disconnecting with the error code 95614660-5b61-403d-aae3-8a8546eac6b8
  7. Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Xbox live/games pass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having a problem connecting to Xbox live/games pass?: help - I cannot connect with Xbox live/game pass - I am hard wired bb5d908e-4a1a-4c6b-b9bb-c4cd20fdc979
  8. Anyone else having issues with searches

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with searches: For about a week now I've been having trouble doing searches on the computer and on phone. Sometimes it works sometimes It doesn't even when I try to put in full sentences. It only givea about 10...
  9. Anyone else having their 4k setting revert back to 1080p?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else having their 4k setting revert back to 1080p?: First noticed on Prime when it said my hdmi connection was bad. Checked settings and picture was at 1080. Checking and un checking the 4k fixed it, has happened twice so far. submitted by...
  10. Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Anyone else unable to open the xbox app?: Its been crashing and freezing when I play Football Manager 24, I've downloaded the new app from the app store and all I get is ablack screen with the xbox sign and nothing else :(...