Anyone else notice an increase in their data uploads on there internet usage since getting ...

Discus and support Anyone else notice an increase in their data uploads on there internet usage since getting ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just looked at my internet usage and noticed that since getting xbox one it went from an average of 1 gig in uploads up to 3.5 gigs in uploads... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BaseSnail65818, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Anyone else notice an increase in their data uploads on there internet usage since getting ...

I just looked at my internet usage and noticed that since getting xbox one it went from an average of 1 gig in uploads up to 3.5 gigs in uploads monthly with average use. Also i have my game dvr turned off and i dont upload anything to upload studio. Could
    this be Microsoft collecting information?

:)

BaseSnail65818, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Why the Xbox One WON'T fail...

I just wonder how many low income families who buy their children game console for christmas will return their xbox ones when they learn it needs internet for games. I also wonder how that will be worded on the box itself. Will there be a tiny "internet
    connection required* or will it be straight out *games will not function without an internet connection*. Maybe *mobile phone needed for daily check in. Data usage fees may apply*.

Jedi Knight GZ, Jan 4, 2014
  3. WW2fanatic73
    WW2fanatic73 Guest
    Xbox live data usage

Hey does anyone know how much internet data Star Wars Battlefront 2 uses to play multiplayer? I am limited on my data usage and want to know if I could play online. Thanks.

WW2fanatic73, Jan 4, 2014
  4. Anyone else notice an increase in their data uploads on there internet usage since getting ...

No this is these much bigger and more complex games uploading through your network for hours everyday

Listed mia 510, Jan 4, 2014
  5. Thanatos465
    Thanatos465 Guest
    Likely both MS collecting information and you using a larger amount of data(watching netflix, playing games) If your really interested in finding out just setup a packet sniffer and watch where the data packet are going to, as far as I know only login is
    encrypted

Thanatos465, Jan 4, 2014
  6. pkvas
    pkvas Guest
    Not sure by how much but last couple months got warning that I used 75% of limit which isn't really a big deal usually get it on last day of month and it resets beginning of month plus my cap is 60GB meaning I used like 45GB

pkvas, Jan 4, 2014
  7. its definitly no problem for me i have a cap of 400 gigs a month and have never been up to 100, i just thought it was odd how my uploads went up 2.5 gigs per month since getting my Xbox One when im doing nothing different from before.

BaseSnail65818, Jan 4, 2014
  8. Anyone else notice an increase in their data uploads on there internet usage since getting ...

The size of the games themselves increased like 10x meaning you need to upload more info. It's pretty cut and dry

9. Xbox Music eats data alive. I'm guessing xbox Video does as well

10. SILKYJJ
    SILKYJJ Guest
    I always go over my limit anyway, every single month I am charged extra for going over my limit. I only watch internet based TV, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon..etc... I don't even pay attention anymore.

SILKYJJ, Jan 4, 2014
  11. All of those are... "Data Monsters"

12. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    silver with a zero..... do not feed...

YES.. it is the NSA watching you stick things where they do not belong

now we all know... as those videos are posted to the website and we all have seen them

tohellnbak, Jan 4, 2014
  13. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

Anyone else notice an increase in their data uploads on there internet usage since getting ...

[quote user="BaseSnail65818"]Could this be Microsoft collecting information?[/quote]From a 0G Silver account? What would they bother to collect from a non-consumer?

IceStorm III, Jan 4, 2014
  14. J Jones 9
    J Jones 9 Guest
    I cannot post a link they wont let me , but Just think of this microsoft has their own P2P network if 5 people dl a patch and their servers take a huge load they let people dl that patch from you and not the server saving them money . think about that for
    awhile .

J Jones 9, Oct 31, 2018
  15. pkvas Win User

Anyone else notice an increase in their data uploads on there internet usage since getting Xbox One?

Not sure by how much but last couple months got warning that I used 75% of limit which isn't really a big deal usually get it on last day of month and it resets beginning of month plus my cap is 60GB meaning I used like 45GB
  16. IceStorm III Win User

Anyone else notice an increase in their data uploads on there internet usage since getting Xbox One?

[quote user="BaseSnail65818"]Could this be Microsoft collecting information?[/quote]From a 0G Silver account? What would they bother to collect from a non-consumer?
  17. SILKYJJ Win User

I always go over my limit anyway, every single month I am charged extra for going over my limit. I only watch internet based TV, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon..etc... I don't even pay attention anymore.
  18. Listed mia 510 Win User

The size of the games themselves increased like 10x meaning you need to upload more info. It's pretty cut and dry
  19. BaseSnail65818 Win User

its definitly no problem for me i have a cap of 400 gigs a month and have never been up to 100, i just thought it was odd how my uploads went up 2.5 gigs per month since getting my Xbox One when im doing nothing different from before.
Thema:

1. Anyone else notice an increase in their data uploads on there internet usage since getting ... - Similar Threads - Anyone else notice

2. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  3. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  4. Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else not able to get a good NAT?: So, like the title says, I can’t get a good NAT or get the Terdeo IP, I’m not sure why, I’ve follow every step on the help page and called my ISP and had them help me reset my network. This is a...
  5. Anyone else feel cheated with game selection?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else feel cheated with game selection?: Why do Xbox players not have access to all the cool games I see people streaming? There are games for PC that look REALLY cool. And I’m sure we’ve all seen hell divers. If I didn’t have so much...
  6. Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone else have issues with the Elite Series 2 LB/RB buttons not responding with the console?: I've already dealt with AND deal with my controller disconnecting from the Xbox Series X whether it's connected to the console by USB cable or not. It REQUIRES being hooked up to disconnect LESS...
  7. Hi, does anyone else notice any issues with their graphics in game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, does anyone else notice any issues with their graphics in game?: I'm noticing issues mainly in Forza and call of duty. It almost looks like I have a terrible connection and the details of the map don't want to render completely, it's like playing on below 720p...
  8. I mainly played madden 24 but been noticing and reporting a lot of cheaters. Anyone else?

in XBoX on Windows
    I mainly played madden 24 but been noticing and reporting a lot of cheaters. Anyone else?: I mainly play madden 24 or ufc 5 online and I've been noticing a lot of cheaters. I report them but I still don't see a difference I still deal with a cheater every game or every other game....
  9. Anyone else noticing that Achievements are not showing on some games?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else noticing that Achievements are not showing on some games?: When I hit the Xbox button on my controller and go to the Achievements tab, my games have been saying “Achievements aren’t supported” and when I click on that it’ll say “This game doesn’t have...
  10. Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else noticed massive improvements to the HD content on the new Netflix app.: I know that there was some dolby vision overlay on top of 1080p content that for the most part wasn't too bad. However the movies were always very distinctly 1080p so in a lot of darker scenes the...