Anybody else think Xbox one cloud will revolutionize gaming?

Discus and support Anybody else think Xbox one cloud will revolutionize gaming? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay ive done some brutal research on this "Cloud" and how it will have an impact on games and how we play them in the future. after seeing forza 5... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by x7SNOOPY7x, Jan 6, 2014.

1. x7SNOOPY7x
    x7SNOOPY7x Guest

Okay ive done some brutal research on this "Cloud" and how it will have an impact on games and how we play them in the future. after seeing forza 5 with driveAtar, could there reallly be something that will just amaze us and make us say wow, if it werent
    for the cloud this game would not be the same? microsoft and developers have claimed it will be beneficial in everything from, physics, smarter Ai, graphics, matchmaking, larger maps. not to mention free up some power from xbox one and make it 4x powerful
    with cloud processing.

what do you guys think? Revolutionary? will Titanfall be the proof of that???

:)

x7SNOOPY7x, Jan 6, 2014
  2. Is anyone playing Watch Dogs 2?

Game is on sale on Xbox store. Anybody else but the game? Thinking of buying it.

MatthewGavin10, Jan 6, 2014
  3. bandwidth of xbox one. 200gbs total due to esram.

The cloud is not going revolutionize gaming.

>

The cloud does the same thing dedicated severs have for decades past. MMORPGs is the biggest example. That is essentially a cloud.

<

Past non-real time game play enhancements, the hype is all marketing speak.

<

Secondly it would be nice to see real world numbers on the bandwidth. Xbox one has essentially slow ram and fast ram. Combined they are high. In the real-world, it will avg much lower, as will the ps4.

Impact evaded, Jan 6, 2014
  4. voteDC
    voteDC Guest

Maybe eventually but I doubt it'll be within the One's life-time.

-

Simply for the fact that the internet infrastructure for people to take real advantage of 'the cloud' simply isn't there and doesn't look like it'll be there for a good long while yet.

-

Most developers aren't going to put a lot of money into cloud features for their games when millions of people wont be able to take proper advantage of it.

-

I expect for this generation the cloud is going to end up like Kinect for the Xbox 360. They'll have a feature for it here or there but nothing essential to the game.

voteDC, Jan 6, 2014
  5. N7 Gh0stz
    N7 Gh0stz Guest
    U wanna do research go on the respawn website and read up on what they say about he clouod

N7 Gh0stz, Jan 6, 2014
  6. i see the difference in forza already, also titanfall coming soon. I think this is the future

Upinya Slayin, Jan 6, 2014
  7. Blitz23 NZ
    Blitz23 NZ Guest
    I can see it adding great features like Drivatar but I very much doubt it'll add huge power to the console.

Blitz23 NZ, Jan 6, 2014
  8. Anybody else think Xbox one cloud will revolutionize gaming?

It has already and will continue to revo our x1 experiences. Even if it's full power is non accessible.

Listed mia 510, Jan 6, 2014
  9. VulcanVFX
    VulcanVFX Guest
    I do think Cloud is definitely revolutionary, not just for advanced AI systems like Drivatar but also the reason that microsoft is providing game developers with free dedicated servers, in fact all XB1 games must have dedicated servers, is because of cloud.
    Also Microsoft does have plans to use the cloud to help increase the power of the XB1 and future games, imagine how much more game developers could modify and change there games if they were cloud games, the files and folders for that game would be in easy
    access.

VulcanVFX, Jan 6, 2014
  10. I had great hopes for "the cloud", but after being part of the NBA 2k14 server down so I can't play the game problem, after reading about the SIM City problems when that PC game was first released... no, I don't think the cloud with revolutionize gaming.

There is too much lag for a lot of calculations to be offloaded to the cloud, so only data can be stored and pulled in before a section of the game is played. Like the Drivatars, the data is stored, pulled in, loaded, and the game is run.

I just see too many possible issues and not enough positive impact AT THIS TIME. I hope someone comes along and uses the servers out there to just surprise everyone in the world.

Sayburr-3DE85633-AAF0-4CEF-8454-9E388E5CBE36, Jan 6, 2014
  11. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    [quote user="Sayburr"]

I had great hopes for "the cloud", but after being part of the NBA 2k14 server down so I can't play the game problem, after reading about the SIM City problems when that PC game was first released... no, I don't think the cloud with revolutionize gaming.

There is too much lag for a lot of calculations to be offloaded to the cloud, so only data can be stored and pulled in before a section of the game is played. Like the Drivatars, the data is stored, pulled in, loaded, and the game is run.

I just see too many possible issues and not enough positive impact AT THIS TIME. I hope someone comes along and uses the servers out there to just surprise everyone in the world.

[/quote]

Your issue with 2K14 has nothing to do with the cloud. The game is run off of 2K servers not Microsoft.

x24hrs2livex, Jan 6, 2014
  12. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    [quote user="Galactic Geek"]Cloud-powered FTW![/quote]Game unplayable because of no internet connection. FTL!

That's why the cloud will not be an essential feature for a long time to come. Developers aren't going to make the cloud essential to their game when it could make their game unplayable.

Don't get me wrong. I think features like Drivatar are great but it doesn't stop you playing Forza if you aren't online.

voteDC, Jan 7, 2014
  13. Thanatos465
    Thanatos465 Guest

No, mmo's already do it, cloud is buzz marketing to sell you crap, LIVE is already "the cloud" as the cloud is just a marketing term for servers

Thanatos465, Jan 7, 2014
  14. blue spader
    blue spader Guest
    lots of cloud use in computing now and has done nothing but storage. titanfall is having nothing to do with it., they already said it wouldn't do anything for the game. lag is horrible on the xbox servers already[I have 66 mbs] so most games will be a joke
    on it. nope see it as a downfall just like kinnect

blue spader, Jan 7, 2014
  15. MurderTramp17, Jan 7, 2014
Thema:

1. Anybody else think Xbox one cloud will revolutionize gaming? - Similar Threads - Anybody else cloud

2. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  3. New xbox insider update not working anybody else having any issues?

in XboX Insiders
    New xbox insider update not working anybody else having any issues?: New xbox insider update not working anybody else having any issues? submitted by /u/Capable_Post8843 [link] [comments]
  4. Anybody else having issues with error code 8015000A on the 360 again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anybody else having issues with error code 8015000A on the 360 again?: Tried to connect to live on the 360 to update my gamertag and it's not letting me log in. I keep getting error code 8015000A. Spent 3 hours reading forums and such trying any and everything I came...
  5. Is anybody else having issues with COD crashing and locking up their XBox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anybody else having issues with COD crashing and locking up their XBox Series S?: I have reset my Xbox to factory defaults and reinstalled game. It happened with 2022 Warzone and is still happening with the latest COD, MW3. I’m completely flummoxed by this and would appreciate...
  6. Is anybody else having server issues with Motorsport 8 I've had the game for a week and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anybody else having server issues with Motorsport 8 I've had the game for a week and...: I've tried updating it and I reinstalled it and I have done all the network tests and it's still doing this network issue and I can't play career mode or anything so I don't know what to do...
  7. Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...: Since the latest console update my console smells like burning plastic mixed with an electrical fire with the added bonus of a hair dryer smell. It's messed me up I've been having medical issues...
  8. Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?: About 3 or 4 months ago I purchased a regular DVD movie from Redbox, put it in my console to watch it and nothing. I have the DVD app on it and everything. It don't show that theirs a disc in it...
  9. Does anybody else have this in their xbox ui?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody else have this in their xbox ui?: I see that everyone has "browse games" at the bottom left of their home screen, but mine has "create your own group". Does anyone have this also? Is there a way to change it into the "browse...
  10. Anybody else having static audio problem recently on the Xbox series x?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anybody else having static audio problem recently on the Xbox series x?: So recently my Xbox series x out of nowhere started making a static like noise with every game and even including the dashboard noises. Is this a hardware issue or did they release a bad update?...