Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs?

Discus and support Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been a big fan of Xbox since the original launched. Been a member of XBL since launch as well. However, the XB1 has been really pushing me away.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SB nEmEsYs, Oct 13, 2019.

1. SB nEmEsYs
    SB nEmEsYs Guest

I have been a big fan of Xbox since the original launched. Been a member of XBL since launch as well. However, the XB1 has been really pushing me away. My first XB1 had issues with the disc drive. It would not read any discs after only a couple of
    years. I would have to constantly eject and insert a disc to get it to read, until one day it finally quit. I eventually ended up getting the xb1x. Thinking being the "Premium" model, they would possibly put in a higher quality disc drive. I was wrong
    though. I did get the One x at launch, and I am already having issues with the disc drive. I know I am not the only one with this issue, as my brother and two of my friends have already had to purchase new consoles due to their disc drives working. I am
    curious how wide spread this is, and why Microsoft doesn't do anything about it. Being that my console is still young in it's life, it should be working just fine. Most of my games are digital, however my son prefers hard copy, he likes his collection, and
    I still prefer Blu-ray movies over digital. I though using more digital games, putting less wear on the drive, would help but it has not. MS needs to stop putting cheap hardware in their consoles. With next-gen consoles coming next year, I think I am done
    with xbox. The RRoD on the xbox 360 issue, then the cheap disc drvies on the xbox 1, I am done buying consoles that will die or stop working two years later. BTW, my PS4 I bought at launch still works perfectly, even my PS3 works without any problems. I
    preferred xbox due to the one x and xbl, but MS can't seem to make a reliable console that will last longer than 2-3 years.

:)

SB nEmEsYs, Oct 13, 2019
  2. SB nEmEsYs Win User

Luckily, my wife won an Eclipse edition Xbox One X from the latest Taco Bell giveaway. Thank you TB and MS for running that promotion. I decided to give my old One X to a buddy of mine that had only a PS4 and a switch. I let him know about the issue
    and he didn't care as it is basically a "digital only" version of the X now. Plus side, my son's games now work great again and my friend is now playing games on Xbox.
  3. OG Gamer Win User

Going digital for games is just so much easier.
  4. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

My xbox one is at least four years old and just now started having some problems with the disc drive. When it happens it dosen't give me an error message. It just refuses to read my disc and you can't eject the disc. It wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't
    have to reset my console to get the disc out. I haven't had this problem in about a month. So hopefully it was just a piece of dust on the laser causing the problem.
  5. SB nEmEsYs Win User

After purchasing the One X, I have gone completely digital with my games. My son on the other hand, likes to have his physical copies. On top of that, I still prefer watching 4k movies on disc, usually look a little better. I know technology fails,
    however having this happen twice, and my $500 console have parts that can't even last 2 years I aggravating. It is what it is though. I have had some great times with the Xbox brand, been a loyal customer since the original. I know I will eventually get
    a new Xbox, however I think this time I will get the PS5 first. Especially considering that most of the games I like to play on xbox will also be on PC. I do think I will tear it down one of these days.
  6. Hamartis Win User

Hello SB nEmEsYs,

I had same Disc Drive and HDD issues. If the problem comes from nowhere usually it is because of power cut/failure in your house when xbox running or sleep mode. If you plug out your xbox too much (when your xbox running or sleep mode) your disc driver and
    hdd may be broke.
Thema:

1. Anybody else have issues with the Disc drive not reading discs? - Similar Threads - Anybody else issues

2. Are there anybody who noticed server issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are there anybody who noticed server issues?: Hi, When I try to make the daily challenges or try to go to auctions it says the Forza 5 servers are not working try again later. 2a51a3f4-c505-491c-8f16-62891e22afd1
  3. can anybody tell me the issue of my xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can anybody tell me the issue of my xbox one s?: i was and i am getting sys error e101 and e106 i have tried the following: bought and formated a new disk wiped and formated the old disk osu many times factory reset many times put the system...
  4. Anybody else having issues with error code 8015000A on the 360 again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anybody else having issues with error code 8015000A on the 360 again?: Tried to connect to live on the 360 to update my gamertag and it's not letting me log in. I keep getting error code 8015000A. Spent 3 hours reading forums and such trying any and everything I came...
  5. Is anybody else having issues with COD crashing and locking up their XBox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anybody else having issues with COD crashing and locking up their XBox Series S?: I have reset my Xbox to factory defaults and reinstalled game. It happened with 2022 Warzone and is still happening with the latest COD, MW3. I’m completely flummoxed by this and would appreciate...
  6. Is anybody else having server issues with Motorsport 8 I've had the game for a week and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is anybody else having server issues with Motorsport 8 I've had the game for a week and...: I've tried updating it and I reinstalled it and I have done all the network tests and it's still doing this network issue and I can't play career mode or anything so I don't know what to do...
  7. Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...: Since the latest console update my console smells like burning plastic mixed with an electrical fire with the added bonus of a hair dryer smell. It's messed me up I've been having medical issues...
  8. Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anybody else had issues with their series x not recognizing disc?: About 3 or 4 months ago I purchased a regular DVD movie from Redbox, put it in my console to watch it and nothing. I have the DVD app on it and everything. It don't show that theirs a disc in it...
  9. Does anybody else have this in their xbox ui?

in XboX Insiders
    Does anybody else have this in their xbox ui?: I see that everyone has "browse games" at the bottom left of their home screen, but mine has "create your own group". Does anyone have this also? Is there a way to change it into the "browse...
  10. Anybody else having static audio problem recently on the Xbox series x?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anybody else having static audio problem recently on the Xbox series x?: So recently my Xbox series x out of nowhere started making a static like noise with every game and even including the dashboard noises. Is this a hardware issue or did they release a bad update?...