Any way to manually disable the throttling of download speed while playing a game?

Discus and support Any way to manually disable the throttling of download speed while playing a game? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Because I wanna play a single player game while downloading but the download in BG will take eternity to finish then. submitted by... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/153IQ-yet-retarded, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Any way to manually disable the throttling of download speed while playing a game?

Because I wanna play a single player game while downloading but the download in BG will take eternity to finish then.

submitted by /u/153IQ-yet-retarded
    [link] [comments]

/u/153IQ-yet-retarded, Oct 28, 2022
  2. ArminatorX Win User

How to increase Xbox Download Speed (Updates, Game Downloads)

How are you measuring the speedtest on your PC? Are you using Speedtest.net?

If so, manually select a server from the Seattle/Redmond area. Then compare these measurements with the download speeds on your console.

The only way to improve your download speed would be to physically move closer to the nearest Microsoft data center of your region, or investigate, if your provider is intentionally throttling downloads from high bandwidth services.

Usually, they don't tell you. But try to do a speedtest on your computer WHILE you are downloading on your Xbox.

To hide the fact they are throttling you, they will stop the throttle whenever they find you're measuring on known speedtest sites. If your download speed increases WHILE you are measuring, they are doing the throttling.
  3. dg225 Win User

Slow download speeds on Xbox one/x

While downloading games. All apps closed in background. Network test on xbox will show 700’s for download speeds. Apoears that xbox is throttling download speeds on their end as ps4 and pc are on same network and diwnload on avetage at 800 mbps. Why is
    microsoft continue to do this. I will be giving ny business to Playstation moving forward
  4. ArminatorX Win User

How can I limit download speed on the XB1?

While there is no method (yet) to throttle the download speed on your console, simply start playing an online game.

As soon as a game uses the Xbox Live service, the Xbox automatically throttles it's background downloads, to maximize the bandwidth for your online multiplayer session.

I know this is a cumbersome workaround, but an online game requires fewer bandwidth than a download at full speed, and you should get better bandwidth for your other applications.

If all else fails, simply shut down the console into energy saving mode, so the console is completely turned off.

You can do that by holding the power button on the console for about 10 seconds, or going into the system settings and set the energy settings to "Power saving" mode instead of "Instant on".

That way the console is really shut down and doesn't do background downloads when you need the bandwidth.
  5. BrodzterYT Win User

Modern warfare slow download

Sometimes servers stop higher download speeds or throttling to protect them from crashing. Basically they limit download speeds for consistency.
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Throttling download speeds

Hello Northernking420,

Thank you for your post but since this is a thread that Violates the
    Xbox Forum Guidelineswe will be locking it.

As stated under Rule 4) Do not post or use profanity or any creative form of bypassing the word filters. Even if it’s ****** don’t
    post it.

As well as Rule) 10) Do not flame or troll - Please do not try and provoke anyone into a fight. This includes posting condescending remarks or following people
    and replying to them to fuel a rivalry or continuing a discussion after it has gone downhill.

If there are any other questions or concerns please create a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That will allow us to tailor our support specifically to you!

Just make sure to review the Guidelines before a Thread/Post is made so as to not violate the rules by mistake.

Happy gaming.
Thema:

Any way to manually disable the throttling of download speed while playing a game?

1. Any way to manually disable the throttling of download speed while playing a game? - Similar Threads - manually disable throttling

2. Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Looking for pdf user manual for Kinect V2: Hi, I would need to download the pdf version of the user manual of Kinect V2, but it looks like it's missing from the Microsoft website. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks /D...
  3. How to get a manual refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to get a manual refund?: My son used the wrong card to purchase vc for his build on 2k24 due to the Xbox menu being delayed and slow responsiveness… So I tried to refund it a hour later as I returned home but the bot...
  4. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...
  5. Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any real or manual way a support representative can help me get into my account ?: I have contacted Microsoft support and no one has been able to help me get into my account. Everytime I do the account recover or reinstatement it sais that information is wrong . I made the...
  6. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox: I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've...
  7. Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it.: Purchased a Flight sim manual from Microsoft for £15.75 but cant find it. It is listed under purchases as 075 flight sim credits in my account but cannot find how to view or download the manual....
  8. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  9. how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    how does one manually set/control/expand game save allocations for any given game, or...: Rigid game save allocations mean I am often running out of space to save on so many games. Worse than this, the allocation is not extended for other users, so I might only have room for saves in...
  10. How to manually set up 1pv6 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to manually set up 1pv6 on my Xbox Series X: How to manually set up IPv6 on my Xbox Series X. I have both IPv$ and IPv6 on my router and Xbox but IPv4 is the active one 49e4044a-07d8-4e02-8ef3-67b6aa865d5e