Any way to change an email address on an old Xbox gamertag?

Discus and support Any way to change an email address on an old Xbox gamertag? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I was wondering if I was able to recover an old Xbox gamertag with a new email address since the email address that I originally used is now deleted.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ethequil, Dec 13, 2022.

1. Ethequil
    Ethequil Guest

I was wondering if I was able to recover an old Xbox gamertag with a new email address since the email address that I originally used is now deleted. Any help on this?

:)

Ethequil, Dec 13, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Well first you would need to recover the gamertag on your your console then change the alias

It would.be q major security risk if you didnt pass PII and able to change random gamrrtags

Pic proves ownership
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

the profile cannot be without e-mail, if this occurs microsoft deletes the profile and the gamertag is free. If it still exists, there is an email linked to the profile.
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

EMail Account Deleted - Can't associate new Email with Live Account

Hey there folks!

I'm sorry to say there really isn't much we can do at all unless there's an email address attached to your Gamertag. If there is no email address, we won't be able to make any changes to it.

Is there any way at all that you can get in touch with gmail and hotmail to request your account be reactivated? If you can gain access to your emails again, you'll be able to then change the email addresses attached to your accounts then deactivate the old
    emails again.
  5. The xShArK Win User

Change gamertag email on Xbox One

I'm trying to add my new email as alias on my old gamertag but it doesn't work!

I select "Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias" and than I put my email @outlook.com when a message comes up "This email address is already taken. Please try another one"

Is there another way to change the email associated to my old gamertag? Thanks
  6. WithheldPillow Win User

I can't add my new email as an alias

Do you know if there is a way to merge the accounts then? My old email address, that is also a gmail account, needed to be changed due to security problems. I changed my email and want to be able to keep my Gamertag but using the new email address. My goal is to get all accounts attached to the old email changed to the new one for security reasons. I really appreciate your willingness to answer my questions!
Thema:

1. Any way to change an email address on an old Xbox gamertag? - Similar Threads - change email address

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  4. change email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    change email address: I no longer work at Audiology Systems and have no way of accessing emails sent to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. My xbox account is setup with this email...
  5. Change email address on profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email address on profile?: My son has been using my email address for his Minecraft account now I want to transfer his profile over to his email.address so I can use my own email address for my new xbox account. Can anyone...
  6. Changing Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Email Address: I am trying to change my "Account Alias" as it is an old college email that I no longer have access to. Under "add email" it does not give me the option to merge accounts: [img] I have my...
  7. Change email address on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change email address on xbox: My ex husband has his xbox linked to my email account. I've changed my password for security & privacy reasons but he now can't access his xbox without me giving him my new password which I don't...
  8. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...
  9. How to change email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change email address?: I can't access my email account I originally used, and would like to change/update my account to my new email. But when I try to change it there is no option. How do I update my email address or...
  10. My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My (different) Microsoft account got hacked, hackers changed email address and removed my...: My account, which is my personal account (not this one), got hacked through Minecraft, I was trying to redeem a code for a rank on Hypixel, when I received a notification on my email that a new...