any updates to xbox series x game capture (2 minutes @ 1080)?

Discus and support any updates to xbox series x game capture (2 minutes @ 1080)? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Is MS going to do anything about this? 2 minutes was perfect length of time at 1080p resolution for game captures. 720p resolution is unacceptable... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by optheflash12, Sep 7, 2022.

1. optheflash12
    optheflash12 Guest

Is MS going to do anything about this? 2 minutes was perfect length of time at 1080p resolution for game captures. 720p resolution is unacceptable especially for the xbox X's capability, and sharing captures with others so they can get the sense of enjoyment in the games you capture. Please MS bring this back, I just got a Seagate expansion card and am willing to get an external drive if needed to take advantage of this ...

:)

optheflash12, Sep 7, 2022
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

If you use an external drive as the capture location, you can record footage at 1080p that's way longer than 1 minute, but it has 2 important limitations.

1. You have to start and stop the recording manually. You can't use the "record that" feature to capture longer clips of something that just happened; that would still be limited to 1 minute at 1080p.

2. Clips captured on external storage cannot be shared over Xbox Live.

I think it's a good solution if you're recording footage to transfer over to a PC, edit, then upload to YouTube, but it's no good if you want to capture longer clips to share with friends over Xbox Live.

I wonder why they reduced the recording times though. I'm sure when I got my Xbox Series X, there was a 2 minute option for 1080p, but now, as you said, it's only 1 minute.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello optheflash12, unfortunately there is still no information about it, everything that is related to these updates usually comes out in Xbox News.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/

You can also make this suggestion on what was the old Uservoice, which is now in the Insider community on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Fyre Insyde Win User

Problem with Xbox Series X Game Capture

I would like to have an answer to this as well. 1080p captures on the Series X appear to be capped at 1 minute now. Not only is this laughably low, to the point of uselessness, but this was never communicated to us. It looks like it was a stealth change that shipped with a console update about 3 months back. The PS5's capture settings are far and away superior to what we have on the Series X. Even the Xbox One allowed 2-min 1080p and 5-min 720p captures.

What's going on here?
  5. REKN0WNED1 Win User

For those with Netflix Video Quality Issues, please try this and report your findings.

12:00 AM EST - Verizon Fios 50/30

Xbox One - Took around a minute but got to 3850 kbps @ 1920 x 1080 (Wireless)

Windows 8.1 PC - Took the same time as Xbox One and got to 3850 kbps @ 1920 x 1080 (Wired)

iPad 3 - 2 seconds and went strait to 4300 kbps @ 1920 x 1080 (Wireless)
  6. tohellnbak Win User

1080p question

[quote user="IIFatalshockII"]

The Game DVR being upgraded to 1080p, now THAT is an update I hope to see in the future.

[/quote]

ever capture anything in 1080 HD?? My Avermedia capture card did... a 3 minute clip was close to 60MBs.. and that was at half setting....talk about filling up 500Gb FAST
Thema:

1. any updates to xbox series x game capture (2 minutes @ 1080)? - Similar Threads - updates series game

2. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  3. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...
  4. Game updating issues, slowed/stopped progress (Xbox Series X)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game updating issues, slowed/stopped progress (Xbox Series X): I've got a Series X and I live in a rural area with poor/limited internet so downloads typically take several hours for large files (I use ethernet for best connection because of it). Recently I...
  5. my xbox series x wont let me do anything when trying to update games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x wont let me do anything when trying to update games.: when i have games i can update, i hit the update and they go into the que. after that nothing can launch. it just hangs there and after a bit i get a popup that says "for some reason xx has taken...
  6. Why doesn't my Series X automatically update games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X automatically update games?: I've had this problem for years, since I got the console. I have tried pretty much everything. I have the standby on, I keep storage one, I have "keep games and console up to date" ticked. I also...
  7. My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S won't update Microsoft Store or install new games.: So i was having a glitch of not being able to update Microsoft Store, so I factory reset my console, first with keeping my games and apps, then, with delete everything but now I can't install...
  8. Xbox series X will not install or update any games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X will not install or update any games: For several months now whenever an update came through I couldn't get it to start without a soft reset. Yesterday that didn't work for another update, so I resorted to a hard reset. But I still...
  9. Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't the 2014 updates apply to my series x? I've gone so far as to purchase the game...: Refer to the question. I really need help. d3a20978-1e9a-46f2-a2fc-dda6ff22ad25
  10. My Xbox series x has been sounding louder on series x/s enhanced games after the new update

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series x has been sounding louder on series x/s enhanced games after the new update: My Xbox recently was deep cleaned and new thermal paste was added yet the fan still runs audibly loud only on games like the crew motorfest,Madden 23,and call of duty mw2 2022 submitted by...