Any updates on the system lock up issues related to storage? Still can't launch games, or...

Discus and support Any updates on the system lock up issues related to storage? Still can't launch games, or... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; First off, is anyone else experiencing this? I've not seen anybody else talking about it. Alpha Skip Ahead builds. I have three storage devices... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MassiveMoose, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Any updates on the system lock up issues related to storage? Still can't launch games, or...

First off, is anyone else experiencing this? I've not seen anybody else talking about it. Alpha Skip Ahead builds.

I have three storage devices plugged into my Series X, it is related to external storage in some way because sometimes unplugging any random device may resolve it. Also, this issue can return at any time if I quit a game and try to launch another, for example.

I have reported it! However, I cannot report it while the issue is happening because 'report a problem' won't launch! . This has been happening for ages now so I'm hoping there's some kind of investigation going into this?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/MassiveMoose
    [link] [comments]

/u/MassiveMoose, Jul 2, 2021
  2. Huggs1 Win User

Figuring out my "Disc Drive Issue".

Still awaiting a response to this issue in the Update Previews, still looks like this is update related like the last disc drive issue I reported, it can't just be an issue that suddenly starts affecting some consoles months after launch.
  3. Misses Joust Win User

Space invaders: Infinity Gene issue

G'day alditoreyes! That's very strange that the game stopped working after the update. I don't think the two are directly related though, so let's get that game running again.

Let's try that delete/download again, but with some extra steps:

• Delete the game file and any related title updates and DLC from the game's folder in your Storage settings.
    • Clear the cache.
    • Restart the console by fully shutting it down, then start it up again.
    • Re-download the game and any DLC you've bought for it through your Download History.
    • Launch the game and try to play the main mode.

Let us know what the result is. If it's still not working for you, then we'll try something else. =)
  4. Bryant✔️ Win User

movies and tv Xbox 360

I haven't used Solution 1: Reset the app because I can't find the Movies and TV in storage and or any related things and I haven't used
    Solution 4: Roll back system updates and then reinstall updates because I don't know how to reinstall the update.
  5. ЕвгенийКоч Win User

Dashboard/Marketplace ads freezing my Xbox

Try highlighting the Hard Drive in the storage section of the Xbox system settings (Guide Button > System Settings > Storage > Highlight Hard Drive/Mem Unit in green 'dont press A') then press the following button combination: LB, RB, Blue X, LB, RB, Blue
    X. This will remove the system update and prompt you to restart. Once you restart, the update should redownload. If you still have issues, it may not be related to the update, the update may just have found lingering issues on the console that weren't addressed
    until now.
  6. CulinaryPond766 Win User

black ops 2 error message downloadable content has changed: storage device has been removed HELP ME OUT SOMEONE

Same problem. Cant find out if it's software or hardware. I've had MLB 2K8 and a dance game lock up once, maybe twice...but for the most part the problem seems to be with Black Ops 2. But at the same time, the issue is very intermittent and seems related
    to storage/hard drive/disk reading. It's as if the XBox can't find it's own internal hard drive.
Thema:

Any updates on the system lock up issues related to storage? Still can't launch games, or...

1. Any updates on the system lock up issues related to storage? Still can't launch games, or... - Similar Threads - updates system lock

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  4. My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one says there's a problem with the system update and it won't stay connected to...: I connect to the internet then it acts like it wants to do the update then it stops and says that there is a problem with the update and when I click try again it does nothing and this problem has...
  5. Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Doing offline system update, console shut down as expected. It's been 15min and hasn't...: Was on step 2 at 57 percent complete c584bb00-39a9-48b1-af5f-a221cd4c2564
  6. Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...

in XboX Insiders
    Could someone share me the contents of "System Update" disk partition? From a insiders...: I have my Xbox One S enrolled in the insiders program, and my HDD died. Therefore, I cannot recover the system from the console in any way, not even extracting the contents of the System Update...
  7. How do I update my Xbox 360 system

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I update my Xbox 360 system: Hi I’m new, How do I update my Xbox live system I have an 8gb usb but it’s not working do I need an official Xbox storage device 0b2fb2db-4976-40ff-8ee4-8395f8301fef
  8. My Xbox series S won’t system update.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series S won’t system update.: It keeps saying there’s a problem, but I’ve reset it twice and I’m unable to do an offline reset. Please help? 99e3bf41-b1e5-4752-a78f-662da4740462
  9. My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox360 is asking for a system update for the Kinect feature, but I don’t see it...: I want to be able to play old Kinect games like Dance Central 1-3 and Kinect sports with my siblings to have fun again. Until I was met with my Xbox360 saying that a system update is required, but...
  10. resbscribed to game pass ultimate and xbox quests still locked, what's the system update...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    resbscribed to game pass ultimate and xbox quests still locked, what's the system update...: Subscription shows active as I've just paid yet quests are locked 46be2d9d-7d0e-421d-8c7e-f254b79b4415