Any solution To Xbox randomly turning on with energy save mode on?

Discus and support Any solution To Xbox randomly turning on with energy save mode on? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has been discussed on other forums and it seems like people are leaning towards interference from various wireless devices triggering the Xbox to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CLOWNZILLA, Feb 19, 2018.

1. CLOWNZILLA
    CLOWNZILLA Guest

This has been discussed on other forums and it seems like people are leaning towards interference from various wireless devices triggering the Xbox to turn on. This isn't proven 100% and Microsoft dosen't seem to have an answer.
    Anybody else on this board have this issue and any ideas on how to fix this? Getting tired of coming home from work and my Xbox being on for several hours and I really don't want to unplug my Xbox every time I decide to use it.

:)

CLOWNZILLA, Feb 19, 2018
  2. guam11
    guam11 Guest
    Xbox One won't turn on consistently

I have resorted to turning off the instant on option. I went into the power settings and changed it to energy save mode. I don't have any trouble turning on the xbox anymore but now I cant use the voice command to turn it on... at least it works consistently
    now.

guam11, Feb 19, 2018
  3. K7own
    K7own Guest
    My XBOX ONE keeps turning on by itself...

For a while now my Xbox One will randomly turn on all by itself. Energy saving mode is on and I have Instant on mode turned off. Is there any way to fix this problem as it is ruining my plasma tv with burn in.

K7own, Feb 19, 2018
  4. Any solution To Xbox randomly turning on with energy save mode on?

A possible cause for the Xbox to be powering itself on is due to it being plugged into a power strip or surge protector. Since all Xbox One power supplies already have surge protection built in, this can cause problems with pulling power, making the system behave
    erratically. If this is the case, then plug it directly into the wall outlet and see if it helps things.

Internet Expert, Feb 20, 2018
  5. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    My Sony KD43X8000E 4K HDR TV has a surge protector, same does my custom desktop PC and my laptop power brick to my HP 15' WHITE sleek laptop. And NONE of these automatically turn on automatically.

Only ONE thing - SOFTWARE! Software is the essential part to running your hardware. It's not perfect. That's why Microsoft has to update it every month. They do the same for Windows 10 on PC. One BIG update each month. The thing with software updates is
    they're quick to download, but slow to verify and especially install. Install is a lot faster on devices that use SSD's. Mechanical ancient HDD's (5400rpm and 7200rpm) take forever. I know because my HP laptop has one and my desktop has an SSD. And Windows
    10 updates INSTALL WAY FASTER on my SSD desktop PC (custom) than my laptop, both have a 6th gen Sky Intel Core processor.

A lot of people use power boards. I mean who gets a technician to come and install 8 wall socket powerboards in your bedroom. Many bedrooms only have like 1 -3 wall power sockets. Schools and work places use power boards too. Of course you can connect it
    to the wall, but your room has limited wall power sockets, are you going to use extension chords or the hassle of taking it to the lounge with the most power ports in the house, our lounge has about 4 wall power sockets. But then I wouldn't get the quiet and
    privacy I want with using it with others in the lounge. Quality good power boards are ok. Some power boards like mine come with a life time warranty with up to $10,000 protection cover for connected devices.

Otherwise, turn off your powerboard at the wall. And when you get home, turn it back on from the wall. That is the only sure way to make sure it is off.

smileskybird, Feb 20, 2018
  6. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    It's 2018 and I'm surprised ancient 1990's mechanical HDD's are still in circulation. SSD's boot up and shutdown save and load a heck lot faster. And they're smaller, lighter, can cope with some shock and drops unlike HDD's and are quieter. For instance
    if I drop my Samsung S8, the Corning Gorilla Glass Level 5, protects it, and the storage isn't damaged. If my phone had an HDD, it would probably mess up my storage.

smileskybird, Nov 1, 2018
  7. smileskybird Win User

It's 2018 and I'm surprised ancient 1990's mechanical HDD's are still in circulation. SSD's boot up and shutdown save and load a heck lot faster. And they're smaller, lighter, can cope with some shock and drops unlike HDD's and are quieter. For instance
    if I drop my Samsung S8, the Corning Gorilla Glass Level 5, protects it, and the storage isn't damaged. If my phone had an HDD, it would probably mess up my storage.
  8. smileskybird Win User

My Sony KD43X8000E 4K HDR TV has a surge protector, same does my custom desktop PC and my laptop power brick to my HP 15' WHITE sleek laptop. And NONE of these automatically turn on automatically.

Only ONE thing - SOFTWARE! Software is the essential part to running your hardware. It's not perfect. That's why Microsoft has to update it every month. They do the same for Windows 10 on PC. One BIG update each month. The thing with software updates is
    they're quick to download, but slow to verify and especially install. Install is a lot faster on devices that use SSD's. Mechanical ancient HDD's (5400rpm and 7200rpm) take forever. I know because my HP laptop has one and my desktop has an SSD. And Windows
    10 updates INSTALL WAY FASTER on my SSD desktop PC (custom) than my laptop, both have a 6th gen Sky Intel Core processor.

A lot of people use power boards. I mean who gets a technician to come and install 8 wall socket powerboards in your bedroom. Many bedrooms only have like 1 -3 wall power sockets. Schools and work places use power boards too. Of course you can connect it
    to the wall, but your room has limited wall power sockets, are you going to use extension chords or the hassle of taking it to the lounge with the most power ports in the house, our lounge has about 4 wall power sockets. But then I wouldn't get the quiet and
    privacy I want with using it with others in the lounge. Quality good power boards are ok. Some power boards like mine come with a life time warranty with up to $10,000 protection cover for connected devices.

Otherwise, turn off your powerboard at the wall. And when you get home, turn it back on from the wall. That is the only sure way to make sure it is off.
  9. Internet Expert Win User

A possible cause for the Xbox to be powering itself on is due to it being plugged into a power strip or surge protector. Since all Xbox One power supplies already have surge protection built in, this can cause problems with pulling power, making the system behave
    erratically. If this is the case, then plug it directly into the wall outlet and see if it helps things.
  10. SkadollaX Win User

My Xbox one randomly turns itself on

yes I just posted the same thing.

I have 2 Xbox ones. They are always in energy saving mode.

Just finished testing both and they are both going into instant on mode now, for some unknown reason.

We have a fetch box and the remote for fetch turns the Xbox ones on when they are in standby mode. This is because... they, both the Xbox one and fetch remote share the same infra red ch, which is why we need energy saving mode.....and why we discovered
    this new behaviour in what is meant to be a fully shutdown Xbox.

For us now, energy saving mode behaviour = instant on mode setting

Which results in what appears to be Xbox ones randomly turning on when actually it's when someone uses the fetch remote.
  11. IKRaZeDASsassIN Win User

Screen brightness very low when turning system on

I have the same problem but I found a temorary solution. It helps to go to settings--->power and startup then turn the power mode to energy saving. Though the instant-on is cool, with energy saver the xbox properly powers up and the screen is bright
Thema:

1. Any solution To Xbox randomly turning on with energy save mode on? - Similar Threads - solution randomly turning

2. Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a software solution that can verify if a disc works?: I purchased a used Xbox game for the original Xbox off of eBay. The game arrived today but it looks like it popped off the spindle in the case and scratched the read side. The scratches are not...
  3. Pls help me or someone got a solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pls help me or someone got a solution: Can you please help,my Xbox series x is not working and it turns off automatically and my tv gos to"No signal" 86010458-51f7-4c1d-9b75-51f1a714e97a
  4. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  5. Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly

in XboX Insiders
    Can't find solution to make xbox app work correctly: Yesterday after logging in the xbox app i couldn't open any game or menu because all options were greyed out like they were loading. From that point on i've tried everything from reinstalling to...
  6. Do I need to get my xbox professionally fixed or is there a solution?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to get my xbox professionally fixed or is there a solution?: I have an xbox one S and it comes up with error E200 I have tried all the troubleshooting options and during the offline update I get an Error E101 and when I try to factory reset it, it will turn...
  7. Seeking Solutions for Connectivity

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Seeking Solutions for Connectivity: Esteemed Gaming Sages, I trust this message finds you immersed in the vibrant landscapes of digital conquests. Alas, my loyal Xbox, the gatekeeper to gaming realms, is ensnared in the perplexing...
  8. Xbox one series X error E201 crash possible solution

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series X error E201 crash possible solution: So, i went to turn on my Xbox series X and was met with error code E201 with a long jumble of numbers an letters afterwards. I restarted and it was the same. Error E201 with a different jumble,...
  9. any solutions please

in XBoX on Consoles
    any solutions please: my rk61 keboard turns on when i connect it to the xbox but then none of the keys work so i cant type or move in any compatible game any solutions? 1b8b6188-c361-4f05-a113-f5ca12dce070
  10. Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Gameinput is causing my system freeze at random. can anyone tell any solution to...: I had free 1 month Xbox game pass which came free with my pc when I bought it in 2021 (I can claim it till September 2023), So I claimed it in July 2023 and downloaded several games with Xbox game...