Any news on an official SSD expansion card of bigger size than 1tb?

Discus and support Any news on an official SSD expansion card of bigger size than 1tb? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I mean the official Seagate expansion card that slots directly into the console, would be great if they release a 2tb version or other sizes. Can this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mikereptileegg, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Any news on an official SSD expansion card of bigger size than 1tb?

I mean the official Seagate expansion card that slots directly into the console, would be great if they release a 2tb version or other sizes. Can this happen any time soon?

:)

Mikereptileegg, Aug 21, 2021
  2. Mikereptileegg Win User

I guess it's quite simple to buy two and swap them out as well, maybe keep racing games on one and cod games on another.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

They will eventually, that's pretty certain, but at the moment there would be a cost issue. In the meantime you could go the hybrid route and buy a SATA SSD and connect it to the console either via a SATA to USB adaptor or a 2.5" Drive enclosure.

I have a Series X with the 1TB expansion card and a 2TB SATA SSD. I put all the Series X and optimised games on the internal or expansion card and the rest run off my external SSD. My SSD is a Crucial MX500 and the loading times for Xbox One titles are excellent.

Don't bother with the faster (and more expensive) NVME drives that can be connected via USB you'll not be able to achieve the advertised speed on a console.
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

XBox Series X - Additional Storage

The only 2 options right now are the Seagate cards, which come in 512GB, 1TB or 2TB sizes, and the Western Digital WD_Black C50 cards, which come in 512GB or 1TB sizes.

When it comes to external HDDs and SSDs, you can store any game on one, but whether the game will run from one depends on if it's optimised for the Series X/S or not. If it is, it will only run from the internal SSD or one of the expansion cards. If it's not, it will run from the external drive. Obviously, pretty much all new games are gonna be optimised for the X/S consoles.
  5. SnakeWesker Win User

will the seagate ssd expansion card for xbox series x launch more than 1tb storage?

While nothing is official, I'm sure that as technology gets better, our gadgets will get better, as well. I don't see any reason why Seagate wouldn't be able to make an expansion card that was more than just 1TB a few years from now. If not, SSD External
    Hard Drives will still be available.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Which harddrives are the best tobuy for the series x apart from the seagate expansion cards

Hi,

The only other drive that work for Series X|S games is the Expansion card from Western Digital called the WD_BLACK C50 Expansion Which are available in 512GB or 1TB sizes.

Old style Hard disk drives do not work with Series X|S games. You can back up these games to these older drives, but you can not play these games on them.
Thema:

1. Any news on an official SSD expansion card of bigger size than 1tb? - Similar Threads - news official SSD

2. Any news on the Xbox Dashboard (Storeboard)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any news on the Xbox Dashboard (Storeboard)?: Is there any news on whether customisation options will be made available to Xbox users to enable the dashboard to look like it did before the July update? By 'before' I mean no Microsoft Store...
  3. Is there a solution for the Microsoft Solitaire Daily News challenge Tripeaks game for Sept...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a solution for the Microsoft Solitaire Daily News challenge Tripeaks game for Sept...: Today's Microsoft Solitaire Daily Challenge Tripeaks game appears to be unsolvable. Even the expert videos say this. Fix it so our perfect games for the month aren't ruined....
  4. Xbox One - News, Events & More

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One - News, Events & More: I accidentally deleted "News, Events & More" from my Xbox One's home screen. Is there anyway I can get it back ??? 87b951ea-ba4c-4fd8-a07f-a0432b2d7dae
  5. Is there news, updates, or any status about the ONGOING issue with the gaming services for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there news, updates, or any status about the ONGOING issue with the gaming services for...: Microsoft, for a multi-trillion dollar company, you guys are terrible when listening to feedback about issues. We have been having a HUGE issue with the gaming services for the Windows store and...
  6. Final Fantasy XIV (14) Xbox port details and news

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Final Fantasy XIV (14) Xbox port details and news: So I know as of late September this year Phil Spencer did announce that Microsoft as a whole have not given up on this port. I am interested though is there any effort or push to have any regular...
  7. Any news when Xcloud gets mouse and keyboard support?

in XboX Insiders
    Any news when Xcloud gets mouse and keyboard support?: I know it was announced that it gets one, but have they said anything about when? Playing Solasta with controller is a little bit pain. submitted by /u/Emil_Zatopek1982 [link] [comments]
  8. Amy news on the Minecraft Ray Tracing and Upscaling?

in XboX Insiders
    Amy news on the Minecraft Ray Tracing and Upscaling?: The option has been greyed out for so long, then I finally started to get my hopes up when they teased it over a month ago, but I’ve yet to hear anything about it since. I feel like one of the...
  9. Any news regarding another Xbox Series X|S Console Purchase Pilot?

in XboX Insiders
    Any news regarding another Xbox Series X|S Console Purchase Pilot?: Several months ago there was a Xbox Series X|S Console Purchase Pilot program. Obviously these consoles are still hard to come by. Will this be happening again or was it just a one-time thing?...
  10. Any news about when iDynamic Latency Input (DLI) is coming to the omega ring?

in XboX Insiders
    Any news about when iDynamic Latency Input (DLI) is coming to the omega ring?: Anyone have any idea? submitted by /u/Northdistortion [link] [comments]