Any new games I download on PC through Xbox Game Pass keeps saying "16 bit application...

Discus and support Any new games I download on PC through Xbox Game Pass keeps saying "16 bit application... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Any new games I download on PC through Xbox Game Pass keeps saying "16 bit application unsupported" when I try to launch the game. Any suggestions? I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Isaac Terry, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Isaac Terry
    Isaac Terry Guest

Any new games I download on PC through Xbox Game Pass keeps saying "16 bit application...

Any new games I download on PC through Xbox Game Pass keeps saying "16 bit application unsupported" when I try to launch the game. Any suggestions? I have tried a fresh install of windows 10 and 11, reinstalled the games on a different drive, removed my enrollment in the windows insider beta and xbox insider beta programs, I'm not sure what else to try.

:)

Isaac Terry, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

How can i run back4blood on my windows 10 x64 bit windows store when it always say that it does not support 16-bit apps?

Hi, JMAC my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Unfortunately, you cannot directly run Back 4 Blood on the Windows Store as it doesn't support 16-bit applications. Back 4 Blood is a modern 64-bit game and therefore incompatible with the store's limitations. However, there are alternative way to play the game on your Windows 10 x64 bit system:

Play through Xbox Game Pass:

If you have an active Xbox Game Pass subscription, you can download and play Back 4 Blood through the Xbox app on your PC. This includes Game Pass for PC and Game Pass Ultimate subscriptions.

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  3. Pyujeh Win User

Any new games I download on PC through Xbox Game Pass keeps saying "16 bit application unsupported" when I try to launch the game. Any suggestions?

Thanks man, yeah figures re: Microsoft customer service.
  4. OlegsKokojevs Win User

Any new games I download on PC through Xbox Game Pass keeps saying "16 bit application unsupported" when I try to launch the game. Any suggestions?

I had identical issue when I "upgraded" to Windows 11 and spent a week with Microsoft support on phone. They ended up blocking my phone number and refused to respond to chats but in the end the solution was:

Not installing XBox games on C drive - move games to some other drive
  5. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

Based on your description, it seems that your getting an error "16 bit application unsupported" and currently unable to download any new games on your Xbox Game Pass. We need to investigate this to find the best possible solution to this issue.

To better understand the situation, we would like to ask some questions, such as:

• What Windows architecture are you currently using? is it 32-bits or 64-bits?
    • What is your computer make and model?
    • Does this computer have Windows 10/11 when you bought the PC? or you manually upgraded this from Windows 7 or
    • You mentioned that you reinstalled Windows, did you perhaps tried this on 32-bit or 54-bit? Did the issue persists?
    We will be waiting for you answer to our questions above to properly dagnose the isse.

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly try to run the compatibility troubleshooter, here's how:

Right-click the program launcher > click Properties > click Compatibilty tab > click Run Compatibilty troubleshooter.

Try to reinstall the Xbox beta app:

Something may prevent you from running a program properly. If you get the unsupported 16-bit application error, one of the files of this program may get corrupted and the best solution is to reinstall it.

Step 1: Launch Control Panel in Windows 11 and view all the items by Category.

Step 2: Click Uninstall a program under Programs.

Step 3: Locate the program you want to fix in Control Panel and right-click it to choose Uninstall.

Step 4: After the uninstallation, download this app from the internet and install it again to see if the error still appears.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

https://www.minitool.com/news/unsupported-16-bi...

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Thema:

1. Any new games I download on PC through Xbox Game Pass keeps saying "16 bit application... - Similar Threads - games download through

2. I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying...: I'm downloading a game from the disk it keeps stopping part way through and saying installation stopped iv tried everything nothing is working can anyone help? 50124780-c8bd-44b4-8f61-13797324325c
  3. Will Microsoft make DLC for Xbox 360 games downloadable through Xbox Storefront?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Microsoft make DLC for Xbox 360 games downloadable through Xbox Storefront?: I noticed just now, the announcement to shutter the Xbox 360 store and make it no longer possible to download games through that storefront. However I noticed that the DLC is still listed in the...
  4. What happens if I download GTA V through Game Pass and then buy it on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens if I download GTA V through Game Pass and then buy it on disc: Will be my saved data from that gta from gamepass be on disc version of gta? ba5b78de-9169-45a6-ab70-12815e6d2a33
  5. Why cant i download Games on my pc through the xbox app?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i download Games on my pc through the xbox app?!: Whenever I try to download a game on the Xbox app via my PC it shows the errorcode 0x89235003. Xbox support is so bad, whats th epoint in giving me an error code if it doesnt relate to anything or...
  6. can i download and play XBOX Series X|S and XBOX ONE games on and through my XBOX Console...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i download and play XBOX Series X|S and XBOX ONE games on and through my XBOX Console...: can i download and play XBOX Series X|S and XBOX ONE games on and through my XBOX Console Companion on my computer? e6e2cd7e-735f-4de1-a238-3a5f7b032efc
  7. Any new games I download on PC through Xbox Game Pass keeps saying "16 bit application...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any new games I download on PC through Xbox Game Pass keeps saying "16 bit application...: Can't play any Xbox games on my new Windows 11 gaming pc. 5654d394-0466-49e8-828c-29919931daf3
  8. SERIS X won't install or download any games purchased from store or through game pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    SERIS X won't install or download any games purchased from store or through game pass: Tried game pass, couldn't install game, tried buying game, can't I stall game. Tried switching off and on again, restarting router, etc,etc. Want to throw it out of the window at present. 4...
  9. Can’t download BO2 (xbox360) dlc through game with season pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t download BO2 (xbox360) dlc through game with season pass.: I got the season pass for bo2 and am trying to install the dlc through game because I can’t through the normal Xbox. However every very time I try to download the packs a 360 message appears...
  10. Unable to download any EA Play games through game pass.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download any EA Play games through game pass.: I've tried everything i could find online, but the download button just wont work, and many games say they are unavailable for download. I've lowered UAC, done clean boots, reinstalled both the...