Any ideas? Brand new system wifi issue + elite controller sticky trigger

Discus and support Any ideas? Brand new system wifi issue + elite controller sticky trigger in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whats up guys? I'm going to try to sum this up as best as possible... I have had 2 Xbox ones side by side on 2 tvs for about a year now. We play every... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mikestotts, Nov 5, 2015.

1. mikestotts
    mikestotts Guest

Whats up guys? I'm going to try to sum this up as best as possible... I have had 2 Xbox ones side by side on 2 tvs for about a year now. We play every day with no issues. 500gb systems. We decided to upgrade the one at a time. Big mistake...... The first
    forza 6 Xbox we received seemed fine until it started downloading games. it randomly disconnects then and acts as if the wifi adaptor isn't in the Xbox. It can find no wifi. Not mine, not the 6 others around me. Meanwhile, my other Xbox is working flawlessly.
    We trade that forza xbox in for one that does the exact same thing..... At this point we are scratching our heads.... we take it back and decide to wait for the elite bundle. The elite console didn't even make it thru the update before losing wifi permanently.
    The systems all need a full restart to get wifi functionality back and only last a short while as if the wifi adaptor is shutting off. The new 150$ elite controller isn't without its faults either. when using lock triggers the left trigger is extremely sticky
    and loud as if there is adhesive inside. I just waited 4 weeks for all of this stuff, pretty bumbed none of it is working correctly. I have taken the jump and run Ethernet cables across my house to the xbox, but should this be necessary with a brand new system?
    i can't find anyone else having the same issue so I am really stumped... The controller issue is abundant but I don't want to wait 3 weeks for a new one when I have had this one for less than 48 hours.... Thanks in advance for any help

:)

mikestotts, Nov 5, 2015
  2. H8edHero
    H8edHero Guest
    Elite controller with sticky left trigger

I have 2 Day One Controllers, 2 AW LTD, 2 Regular, 1 White, 1 Titanfall, and now 2 Elites. Every one of those controllers have some sort of sticking issue. I was hoping paying a premium would get a better controller, boy was I wrong. Those controllers at
    least have some mileage on them.

I use my brand new elite controller day one and the right thumb stick is already sticking to the right and slowing turning the camera when it should be in the neutral position.

I'm starting to feel like your biggest profit line (accessories) are being made to break and require new purchases regularly. I don't understand how all of my 360 controllers can still be working flawlessly and these are wearing out in less than a year.

H8edHero, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest
    Elite Controller trigger sticky issue

Not an issue for me.

But then I don't play my games while eating peanut butter and jam sandwiches.

Not saying you do (but if you do that's your problem).

Fortunately this is a new device. You should have no problem getting it replaced from the retailer who sold it to you.

Azrael008uk, Nov 5, 2015
  4. Any ideas? Brand new system wifi issue + elite controller sticky trigger

There is a strong possibility of hardware failure on the wifi card for the xbox one console.

-I'd suggest you would want to contact service and set-up a console repair/replacement.

Wifi hardware failure is fairly common based on the forums and other websites as I myself had a wifi failure on my first replaced console. The first console had a BlueRay drive loud noise, the replaced console given to me from day 1 would only hold my controller
    connection if I were less than a few feet away but way less than 6-10 feet.

website -
    myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

The controller trigger issues, I'm not certain on so perhaps someone else who has the Elite controller will chime in.

NewBlacksmurf, Nov 5, 2015
  5. JonBurke
    JonBurke Guest
    My elite controller does the same thing.

JonBurke, Oct 31, 2018
  6. JonBurke Win User

My elite controller does the same thing.
  7. NewBlacksmurf Win User

There is a strong possibility of hardware failure on the wifi card for the xbox one console.

-I'd suggest you would want to contact service and set-up a console repair/replacement.

Wifi hardware failure is fairly common based on the forums and other websites as I myself had a wifi failure on my first replaced console. The first console had a BlueRay drive loud noise, the replaced console given to me from day 1 would only hold my controller
    connection if I were less than a few feet away but way less than 6-10 feet.

website -
    myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

The controller trigger issues, I'm not certain on so perhaps someone else who has the Elite controller will chime in.
  8. JonBurke Win User

Brand new elite controller sticky left hair trigger

My elite controller as well. Left hair trigger. Hopefully it gets unstuck.
  9. MR WUF Win User

Having this issue as well with my right trigger. Xbox support wants ME to pay for shipping it back, when it is a brand new controller that should be under warranty. It came out of the box this way! So messed up that they won't take responsibility for their
    crappy QC. I've bought every Xbox console on Day 1 and it really sucks to feel treated this way. People buying this $150 are hardcore fans and should be treated as valued customers!
  10. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, MR WUF! If it's a brand new controller, I suggest taking it back to the retailer for a replacement. Even with it in warranty, we still require customers to pay shipping for controller repairs. This thread is a bit old. If you need assistance with another
    issue, please post up a new detailed post so that our community can work on helping you out. Thanks!
Thema:

1. Any ideas? Brand new system wifi issue + elite controller sticky trigger - Similar Threads - ideas Brand system

2. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  3. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  4. Who's genius idea was it to make a new box that takes up over 2/3rds of your screen when...

in XboX Insiders
    Who's genius idea was it to make a new box that takes up over 2/3rds of your screen when...: It is things like this that kind of make it frustrating to be on this platform as an insider. This decision feels like a change for the sake of change, rather than anything good, as the thing this...
  5. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  6. Idea idea idea idea idea idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Idea idea idea idea idea idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: I Have a idea to boost sells of systems second hand also I believe it can sell more games by having more consoles in the hands of consumers submitted by /u/Spiritual_Rain_4837 [link] [comments]
  7. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  8. Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me

in XboX Insiders
    Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me: Should add red dead redemption 2 to the game pass again’ just saying submitted by /u/Weekly_Way6004 [link] [comments]
  9. My brand new controllers are drifting and I have no idea what's happening.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My brand new controllers are drifting and I have no idea what's happening.: Hey folks, I have purchased some new Xbox controllers and for some reason they are drifting really bad and the button response is delayed by like 1 to 2 seconds. I have tried restarting the...
  10. Does Microsoft's future plans for the Xbox brand sound like a good idea for us gamers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft's future plans for the Xbox brand sound like a good idea for us gamers?: No matter what MS comes up with, the developers need to also us it, if developers refuse to utilize certain resources (the cloud) in favor of another (old fashioned hardware), what can MS do?...