Any idea what Xbox's download speeds are maxed at? Getting slow speeds.

Discus and support Any idea what Xbox's download speeds are maxed at? Getting slow speeds. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm trying to download my Halo: MCC early. It's 59.11 Gigs. I have a download speed of 125 Mbps (Megabits) down (from speed test from a PC that's on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TFS RReap, Nov 9, 2014.

1. TFS RReap
    TFS RReap Guest

So I'm trying to download my Halo: MCC early. It's 59.11 Gigs. I have a download speed of 125 Mbps (Megabits) down (from speed test from a PC that's on the same switch as my xbox. That means it is, in fact, a wired connection.). I can generally download
    files anywhere from 10-15 MBps (megabytes) a second. However, on my Xbox, my current bandwidth usage is capping at about 1.05 MBps. Can anyone tell me if there's something I'm missing? I understand that I can only get files as fast as Microsoft can send them.
    But at this point, I feel as if I should be able to get higher than a meg a second. I know there are many variables. But is there anything I can do on the Xbox itself to improve these speeds? (please avoid telling me to remove all devices off the network,
    I've done performed basic troubleshooting methods)

:)

TFS RReap, Nov 9, 2014
  2. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Downloading a game from xbox live marketplace..still 1%

ok that seems quite slow , but it is working that is good news Any idea what Xbox's download speeds are maxed at? Getting slow speeds. :)

Just wondering what is your download speed any idea?

WPAK, Nov 9, 2014
  3. themann2488
    themann2488 Guest
    Need help with internet speeds

my current speed says 768k, 1.5mbps , 3mbps, downloads speeds up to 3mbps. I know thats really slow but what do i really need for xbox live what upload speed download speed do i need? is up to 10mbps download speed up to 1mbps upload speed enough? thanks
    for any answers

themann2488, Nov 9, 2014
  4. TFS RReap
    TFS RReap Guest

Also, I'll note this, that when I run a "detailed network statistics" on my xbox. My speed is kind of low (at 92.76Mbps) but that should still be giving me over 10 Megabytes a second down. I assume the issue is in 343's/Xbox's server/network?

TFS RReap, Nov 9, 2014
  5. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    Well, there are of course two factors influencing your download rate of the Xbox one. The first one, if I got it right, it's you are connected over WiFi and this is always a bit slower then a wired connection. Depending on interferences, packet collision
    and of course WiFi encryption this is quite normal and nothing to bother about. So getting nearly 100mbps out of the wireless connection is really a good value.

In the other hand of course getting only 1mbps for the MCC download is slow. But your have to keep in mind, that, as you stated, this off course depends on the network capabilities of the download server and on the massive request by the users and the number
    of downloads right now.

And to finally answer your question: afaik there are not network limitations on the download rate like you may think of. You are just limited by the network hardware of the one, your home network and of course your isp. Also there are some isps who lower
    download rates on software downloads or on special network ports used for downloading.

BobMcFly247, Nov 9, 2014
  6. TFS RReap
    TFS RReap Guest
    I mentioned in my first post that I am on a wired connection. I am connected through a gigabit switch. I also have noticed that running the statistics tests on the xbox I'm able to get the speeds I mentioned. I've managed to finish the download by this point,
    but now I'm just curious about the inconsistency of the speed.

TFS RReap, Nov 10, 2014
  7. BobMcFly247
    BobMcFly247 Guest
    Aye ok, little misunderstanding. I just got, that your pc is on that wired connection. My bad.

BobMcFly247, Oct 31, 2018
  8. TFS RReap Win User

I mentioned in my first post that I am on a wired connection. I am connected through a gigabit switch. I also have noticed that running the statistics tests on the xbox I'm able to get the speeds I mentioned. I've managed to finish the download by this point,
    but now I'm just curious about the inconsistency of the speed.
  9. BobMcFly247 Win User

Well, there are of course two factors influencing your download rate of the Xbox one. The first one, if I got it right, it's you are connected over WiFi and this is always a bit slower then a wired connection. Depending on interferences, packet collision
    and of course WiFi encryption this is quite normal and nothing to bother about. So getting nearly 100mbps out of the wireless connection is really a good value.

In the other hand of course getting only 1mbps for the MCC download is slow. But your have to keep in mind, that, as you stated, this off course depends on the network capabilities of the download server and on the massive request by the users and the number
    of downloads right now.

And to finally answer your question: afaik there are not network limitations on the download rate like you may think of. You are just limited by the network hardware of the one, your home network and of course your isp. Also there are some isps who lower
    download rates on software downloads or on special network ports used for downloading.
  10. TFS RReap Win User

Also, I'll note this, that when I run a "detailed network statistics" on my xbox. My speed is kind of low (at 92.76Mbps) but that should still be giving me over 10 Megabytes a second down. I assume the issue is in 343's/Xbox's server/network?
  11. BobMcFly247 Win User

Aye ok, little misunderstanding. I just got, that your pc is on that wired connection. My bad.
  12. WPAK Win User

Downloading a game from xbox live marketplace..still 1%

ok that seems quite slow , but it is working that is good news :)

Just wondering what is your download speed any idea?
Thema:

1. Any idea what Xbox's download speeds are maxed at? Getting slow speeds. - Similar Threads - idea Xbox's download

2. Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox home screen (Default) Change idea 2024: When it says who's playing today? if its dark outside wouldn't it be better to say who is playing tonight? because if you think about it at night time people might know its today but it sounds...
  3. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  4. My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series s (1 tb) keeps disconnecting from my Samsung tv and going blank. Any ideas?: I’ve tried lowering the settings, changing hdmi cables, console reset, factory reset, and troubleshooting it. Nothing has worked and you wouldn’t expect this from a console only 3 months old and...
  5. I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...

in XBoX on Windows
    I ordered a custom Xbox controller in November and it has said processing since. Any idea...: Any help on when I’ll be receiving it? It’s a present and I feel bad it’s still not here. 6447d838-7c05-4bfd-bc3a-3dafa3796407
  6. Possible Idea for Xbox home screen Ui

in XboX Insiders
    Possible Idea for Xbox home screen Ui: An idea for the Xbox home screen I've had, is to allow us to make the tile squares be like folders that when you click on them, they open up a line going from left to right or top to bottom that...
  7. When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to open any xbox website it does not load for me. Does anyone have any idea: My internet is okay because I did a test along with I opened other apps. I have had the xbox customer support open for over an hour and hasnt loaded on my pc. Any ideas?...
  8. Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes: So I have an Idea where Microsoft could make it where we could go back & visit the older Xbox 360 dashboards like the Blades/NXE/Kinect Dashboard for nostalgia purposes they should try to make an...
  9. Xbox OS and mobile application feature ideas

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox OS and mobile application feature ideas: 1) Notification that triggers on phone via the Xbox app to input text via phone when the on screen keyboard appears on the Xbox. Currently you can input text already via the Xbox app, but the...
  10. received the content. I brought it though xbox store I have the digital download any ideas ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    received the content. I brought it though xbox store I have the digital download any ideas ?: I recently brought cod mwIII vault upgrade but I haven't recipe the content. I brought it though xbox store I own the digital game any ideas on how to get my stuff I paid for ??...