Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches...

Discus and support Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When external hard drive is connected to Xbox the controller freezes and switches off. If Ext HD is not connected the controller works fine. Any idea... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SDR_98, Jan 26, 2023.

1. SDR_98
    SDR_98 Guest

Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches...

When external hard drive is connected to Xbox the controller freezes and switches off. If Ext HD is not connected the controller works fine. Any idea as I cant access games on HDD

:)

SDR_98, Jan 26, 2023
  2. d I I b d I I b Win User

Xbox Freezing On Start Up?

Same problem here.

Connected to XBL + Hard Drive: Freezes at loading circles when i try and sign in to any profile.

Connected to XBL + Hard Drive: Freezes at loading circles when i try and skip sign in.

Just the hard drive + NO XBL connection: Still Freezes.

No hard drive or profiles: starts up But its useless.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Xbox one file system

Hi

I don't know what file format Xbox One uses with external hard drives but when you first connect a drive the console should offer to format the drive for games (If it meets the specs), With my Xbox One I have both a 2TB and 4TB external hard drives connected
    and working without any issues for playing games.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches off. When HDD is unattached the controller works fine. Any idea?

Is the controller connected via USB?
  5. SDR_98 Win User

Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches off. When HDD is unattached the controller works fine. Any idea?

No but I have tried this way and same happens
  6. aMexicanErb Win User

Xbox One X storage question

YOu should be set to go, there is only a minimum of 128 GB and you have to have a 3.0 USB connection. But other wise you can connect any External Hard drive to your Xbox and format it to save! Here are the Guidelines for

connecting external hard drives
Thema:

1. Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches... - Similar Threads - help… external hard

2. Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.: I've been using a external hard drive on my series X since launch, I used as a media player, but since today, my Xbox just stopped recognizing it, and it's not my external hard drive problem...
  3. [Help] external hard drive not working out of the blue.

in XboX Insiders
    [Help] external hard drive not working out of the blue.: [Help][Support]External Hard Drive won’t work or Xbox won’t read it. Hey umm so my Xbox isn’t reading my external hard drive. It was working in the morning I never touched it or anything I just...
  4. My external hard drive wont load into my console NEED HELP

in XboX Insiders
    My external hard drive wont load into my console NEED HELP: My external hard drive wont load into my console need help I need help with my external hard drive. I have had this xbox and drive for about 2 years now give or take and out of no where it...
  5. External hard drive for xbox please help asap

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive for xbox please help asap: Hi how i know if the external hdd i want to buy is compataible with my xbox Here is the Link https://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-284 Can someone check for me pleased...
  6. Help!!! My seagate external hard drive stopped blinking and all of my storage is gone!

in XboX Insiders
    Help!!! My seagate external hard drive stopped blinking and all of my storage is gone!: The title pretty much explains my situation. I’ve been trying to fix it on my own but I haven’t been able to find a solution. If anybody knows how to or has a link that shows me how to I’d be SO...
  7. Please help ....External hard drive not installing games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help ....External hard drive not installing games: Hi my external hard drive has recently stopped working since the last xbox update. It has all worked for 4 months prior to updating the xbox I have a seagate 2tb firecuda ssd which is...
  8. Please Help with Xbox 3.5TB External Hard Drive.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please Help with Xbox 3.5TB External Hard Drive.: i dont really know where else to turn so i will try to explain as much as i can. i bought an external hard drive for my xbox one about a year ago, it was on sale at gamestop and i figure it...
  9. Need help with external hard drive.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with external hard drive.: Bought a Seagate 2tb hard drive. I've formatted and currently using it on my xbox one to play games. For some apparent reason it isnt letting me download games it says to download on to xbox. I...
  10. External Hard drive Question and Help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive Question and Help.: Currently using a wall powered 8TB Xbox Game Hub drive which has a 7200rpm Barracuda drive inside. If i was to switch to a usb powered 4tb 5400rpm drive how much of a difference in load times...