Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches...

Discus and support Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When external hard drive is connected to Xbox the controller freezes and switches off. If Ext HD is not connected the controller works fine. Any idea... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SDR_98, Jan 26, 2023.

1. SDR_98
    SDR_98 Guest

Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches...

When external hard drive is connected to Xbox the controller freezes and switches off. If Ext HD is not connected the controller works fine. Any idea as I cant access games on HDD

:)

SDR_98, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Xbox and controller not working

hello again Gus

The fact that your controller stops unpairing and your games load smoother when your external hard drive is disconnected suggests that the external hard drive might be causing the issues you've been experiencing.

Here are some possible explanations and next steps:

Possible explanations:

Overworked USB port: Connecting an external hard drive draws additional power from the USB port. If the port is overloaded, it might be causing the controller to disconnect and games to lag.
    Incompatible hard drive: Not all external hard drives are compatible with Xbox consoles. An incompatible drive might cause performance issues and instability.
    Hardware issues: The hard drive itself might be malfunctioning or experiencing hardware failures.
    Next steps:

Test with another USB port: Try connecting the external hard drive to another USB port on your Xbox. This will help determine if the issue is specific to a particular port.
    Format the hard drive: Reformatting the hard drive can fix any corrupted data or file system issues that might be causing performance problems. However, remember that this will erase all data on the drive, so back up your important files before proceeding.
    Use a different external hard drive: If you have another external hard drive, try connecting it to your Xbox and see if the issues persist. This will help determine if the problem is specific to the original hard drive.

I hope this helps! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional clarification.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

My Xbox controller on my Xbox One only connects when plugged into the Xbox if I try to reconnect it with the button on the side of the Xbox and on the controller the Xbox

Do you have any electronics near the console, maybe an external hard drive or something else that might interfere with the signal? I had a similar issue, when one of my external hard drives was too close to the connect button on the console, and it wouldn't connect to the controller. Once I moved it, it reconnected.
  4. d I I b d I I b Win User

Xbox Freezing On Start Up?

Same problem here.

Connected to XBL + Hard Drive: Freezes at loading circles when i try and sign in to any profile.

Connected to XBL + Hard Drive: Freezes at loading circles when i try and skip sign in.

Just the hard drive + NO XBL connection: Still Freezes.

No hard drive or profiles: starts up But its useless.
  5. Yanyannnn Win User

Certain games won't load

Hello Zach Culver,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your games not loading when you plug in your external hard drive. One possible solution is to try disconnecting the external hard drive and then restarting your console. Once your console has restarted, try launching the games again without the external hard drive connected. If the games load successfully, then the issue may be related to the external hard drive.

Another possible solution is to try using a different USB port on your console to connect the external hard drive. Sometimes certain USB ports can have issues, so switching to a different one may help.

If neither of these solutions work, you may want to try formatting the external hard drive and then reconnecting it to your console. However, please note that formatting the drive will erase all data stored on it, so be sure to back up any important files before proceeding.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches off. When HDD is unattached the controller works fine. Any idea?

Is the controller connected via USB?
Thema:

1. Any help… when xbox external hard drive is connected the controller freezes and switches... - Similar Threads - help… external hard

2. My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me: My Xbox series x is overheating can you help me 409112b8-8d28-4d74-9da1-4f5dedcc9f85
  3. Unable to login to yahoo mail, please help to reactivate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to login to yahoo mail, please help to reactivate: A few month back i have created the yahoo account and my AWS account also linked to the same. But today when i tried login to yahoo mail got the below error ' "This account has been deactivated...
  4. Need help with this Xbox 360 S Code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with this Xbox 360 S Code: i ran the xbox live update for my sons 360 and when it rebooted I get STATUS CODE: 4476-4488-B780-0F00-C000-007B. The system will not do anything except freeze with this code...
  5. can you guys help me ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can you guys help me ?: Hi guys, can you spend a little of your time to help me. I just bought the MSFS and download it only 1,1gb then i thought i'd have to install all the games file after opened it up. Then I just got...
  6. I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?: Ive been trying to sign up for a developer account for my xbox, however I keep getting this error message: Microsoft runs on trust. We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation and certification...
  7. Need someone to help me with enrolment

in XboX Insiders
    Need someone to help me with enrolment: I just purchased a series s from a third party, and it is stuck in preview mode. I want to leave, but it is connected to a different account, and I don’t have access to that account. I tried...
  8. I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help

in XboX Insiders
    I’m having problems moving Sea of Thieves from my 4TB external drive to my Internal. Need help: I downloaded Sea of Thieves onto my External hard drive, and now I want to play it. So when I go to move it into the Internal Drive it stops moving at 2.18GB and won’t start again. How do I fix...
  9. Help with transferring games between internal and external drives

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with transferring games between internal and external drives: Hi everyone, I have just bought a Seagate 2tb external drive for my xbox one s.It is formatted for games and is ready to go. However when i transferred a 360 title from internal to external...
  10. Help with my external drive by seagate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with my external drive by seagate: So I downloaded a game called “Conan Exiles on to my external drive storage and when I went to go play the game it bugged out and said “could no longer detect external drive” or something like...