Anti Cheat Kicks Me From Matches for No Reason

Discus and support Anti Cheat Kicks Me From Matches for No Reason in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m getting kicked from halo 2 MCC matches constantly for no reason, with a message that says, “anti cheat has detected a problem”. I’m not cheating,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Maxsterly, May 12, 2023.

1. Maxsterly
    Maxsterly Guest

I’m getting kicked from halo 2 MCC matches constantly for no reason, with a message that says, “anti cheat has detected a problem”. I’m not cheating, there’s no reason I should be getting kicked. Happens multiple times a day until have a multi hour search ban. Please help.

:)

Maxsterly, May 12, 2023
  2. Chris Poindexter Win User

None as of yet. :(

I tried the max graphics with locked 60 FPS...it may have made that garbage crop up less frequently, but it didn't seem to help that much, so i just...went back to my usual performance graphics settings.

I sent part of a "video clip" to help, and the only thing Halo Support said was just that it would be in the queue of other stuff to fix/log, so who knows if/when it'll be addressed.

I guess your response and anecdotal experience confirms my bias against un/reinstall...maybe I should send a ticket, also, to EAC as well....
  3. Mr Alucard1 Win User

Did you find a fix for this???

I’m having the exact same issue! I’ve tried EVERYTHING… even a full factory reset and the first thing I did was install steam and MCC but no luck… I have NO clue what’s going on or why… no cheats, no other games, no VAC bans or anything… when I play on my Xbox; it works and lets me finish a game but I’m my pc(fully reset now) it loads the game and then just kicks me and says “EAC has detected a problem”

I’ve submitted a ticket to the EAC website so I hope it works…
  4. Chris Poindexter Win User

https://easy.ac/en-us/support/game/issues/guide/ I may have found some solution, based on the stuff Easy Anti-Cheat, on their website, says to do: what is likely the most relevant and helpful part, besides keeping Windows fully updated, is their prompt to "repair" the program itself through the Anti-Cheat setup .exe file. https://easy.ac/en-us/support/game/guides/installer/

I have done not all, but many of the things it suggests, barring more extreme or specific ideas like a factory reset, yet have only played one match that successfully went through with no kicks.

I'll definitely need to play a lot more matches to make sure. the "kick" error is gone for good.

There's also a Support Ticket I have setup with Halo's website, and they mentioned to respond back if it's improved or not, considering the recent update a couple weeks ago, or it would be closed after 30 days.

There's one I can send to Easy Anti-Cheat themselves, though I haven't specifically tried that one yet, and plan to soon. https://easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/tech/

I'll let Halo and Easy Anti-Cheat know about this set of steps I've taken.
  5. Chris Poindexter Win User

Thank you, I'm also perplexed by this. (For reference, in my experience it's mostly 3 and Reach that bugger me about this, some of 2A and 4, can't say if I recall CE or 2C being as nitpicking, if at all, about it.)

I was thinking it may have to do the "Experimental Settings" framerate being set to unlimited for my 60 Hz screen, despite me also having V-Sync on and all other graphic settings in-game maxed out.

I sometimes experiment with higher settings but also a normal 60 FPS setting in-game, in case the server/game, to my assumption and guesswork, thinks we're "playing too good for our framerate" or reacting too well/fast because of the aforementione framerate and it treats that as if we're cheating, throttling, etc.

I'll try the only way I haven't yet, or at least IIRC have yet to run into "anti-cheat" false alarms with, which is 60 FPS limit but everything else graphics-wise maxed out.

I saw another Google result, though it had to do with an anti-cheat thing in campaign, which we haven't and isn't what we're experiencing, describing to check a major hard drive setting to change for whichever drive Halo MCC is installed on, that being the drive compression settings, to turn it off so it doesn't compress, as they believed the compression file size versus uncompressed file size showing up as different sizes triggers the anti-cheat.

This is where the Google result I just described is: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/halo-mcc-easy-anti-cheat-triggering-since-last/a3d867c8-4e23-43d7-af1a-8f8c61f7ba39#:~:text=Windows%20compression%20must%20be%20disabled%20on%20the%20hard,reinstall%20Halo%20from%20the%20Xbox%20app%20%28or%20steam%29.

There's also plenty of things there and maybe elsewhere about uninstalling/reinstalling, but...nobody got time for that, especially a game this ginormous.
  6. Krometheus Win User

Keep getting launch error when trying to play Gears 5 on PC

yea I was able to repair it from the c drive but for some reason I'm not able to open the easy anti cheat file within the games directory
Thema:

1. Anti Cheat Kicks Me From Matches for No Reason - Similar Threads - Anti Cheat Kicks

2. im having trouble installing games with the Easy anti cheat

in XBoX on Windows
    im having trouble installing games with the Easy anti cheat: im having trouble installing games with the Easy anti cheat 0aca47c3-9948-4c5c-afeb-9f05ce9b10e8
  3. Easy anti cheat causing system to lag/fps massive drop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Easy anti cheat causing system to lag/fps massive drop: [img] I’m having an issue with running games with easy anti cheat. when I load into the game (Fortnite/the finals) after about 5 minutes of being loaded in wether I’m in a match or just in the...
  4. Microsoft and 343 fix the Anti-Cheat Arbiter ASAP.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft and 343 fix the Anti-Cheat Arbiter ASAP.: Hey Microsoft, for the last 22 years I've been playing halo, currently #221 NA HCS Amateur professional, I've been seeing a huge number of players and professionals leaving halo infinite as the...
  5. Easy Anti-Cheat not working with Xbox App Games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Easy Anti-Cheat not working with Xbox App Games.: I am trying to play Texas Chainsaw Massacre using the Xbox App, since I have Game Pass. Every time I have tried to load the game, Easy Anti-Cheat fails to load and shows the error "Launch Error;...
  6. Roblox anti-cheat blocks itself from launching in the most recent Canary Channel Windows OS...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox anti-cheat blocks itself from launching in the most recent Canary Channel Windows OS...: I recently updated to the newest Windows OS Build 25941 and suddenly Roblox's anti-cheat probably detected overlay Normally Roblox has Xbox overlay as an exception since Windows uses Xbox Overlay...
  7. What to do about anti cheat with master chief collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What to do about anti cheat with master chief collection: I recently purchased the master chief collection on steam and for some unknown reason the anti cheat keeps shutting the game down just as I start it up since it says it detects some sort of error...
  8. Old Call of Duty Anti Cheat?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Old Call of Duty Anti Cheat?: My question is assuming the acquisition of activision goes through will there be any plan to secure legacy Call of Duty games servers with a dedicated anti cheat similar to ricochet? The problem...
  9. Halo MCC on PC Gamepass not launch - Application Error after Anti Cheat screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC on PC Gamepass not launch - Application Error after Anti Cheat screen.: Hello, Installed Halo MCC via PC gamepass and the game/app will not launch. Splash screen appears, then the Easy Anti-Cheat loads. At the end of it get an error that says it was unable to start...
  10. Wacatac Virus Error with Easy Anti-Cheat on Halo Master Chief Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wacatac Virus Error with Easy Anti-Cheat on Halo Master Chief Edition: Hello everyone, today My pc gave me the warning of a virus that is supposed to be the easy anti-cheat of the Halo Master chief collection. I got it from the game pass and havent played it in 3...